What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Recently I've taken in:

Wild Hogs - garbage but did come with one or two decent lines. I think I knew exactly what was going to happen before I even saw the film. I would never go and see it again and news that there is a sequel doesn't exactly get me excited. An appearence by Jonny C. aka Perry from Scrubs) gives it an extra point for me - 3/10.

Saw Shooter as well. Reasonable enough plot but think I missed one or two key pieces of it at times. That girl from Brookeback Mountain was in it. Thought she was quite good but she wasn't in it too much. The FBI cop that teams up with "Swagger" was also pretty good in it. Reasonable enough and pretty enjoyable - 7/10.

For those that have seen Sunshine do you think that Capa looks like Nicky Wire from the Manic Street Preachers?

For those that have seen Sunshine do you think that Capa looks like Nicky Wire from the Manic Street Preachers?

No idea what Nicky Wire looks like, but Capa (Cillian Murphy) was hot!

I doubt I will think the same of Nicky Wire :unsure:

Watched Children of Men last night, very good if bleak vision of the future. 8/10

Body Melt - Aussie horror about a new health drug with some bizarre side effects which include not surpisingly given the title of the film, your body melting, worth watching purely to see Ian Smith (Harold Bishop of neighbours), playing a baddie and saying f**k, also stars a few of the old cast of neighbours, toby mangel, melanie with the daft laugh from many years ago and toadfish's maw

5/10

Blades of GLory last weekend. Will Ferrel and the guy from Napolean Dynamite whos name escapes me. Pretty funny, never really serious at one point. Not bad for a sunday afternoon giggle.

6/10

Going to see Mr Bean's Holiday later, hope it doesnt dissapoint. :D

The Lives Of Others ~ A German film set in East Berlin in the 80's prior to the fall of the Wall. It's about a Stasi agent who develops a conscience and begins to question what he's doing in the name of the State, after he's assigned the job of putting a playwrights flat under 24 hour surveillance.

It is a very, very good film with and is really moving in parts. There are also some genuinely humorous moments.

9/10

Body Melt - Aussie horror about a new health drug with some bizarre side effects which include not surpisingly given the title of the film, your body melting, worth watching purely to see Ian Smith (Harold Bishop of neighbours), playing a baddie and saying f**k, also stars a few of the old cast of neighbours, toby mangel, melanie with the daft laugh from many years ago and toadfish's maw

5/10

Just found a review for that movie with some screenshots, looks fucking hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/bodymelt/index.html

sunshine: 9/10

Best sci-fi in a long time, great plot, great visuals, great acting and good soundtracking

The soundtrack by Underworld is excellent as are the special effects and the acting.

However several big plot holes exist to allow the story to develop and one minor irritation...would people on earth who had endured years of ice age and permafrost really be out building snowmen?

7/10

The soundtrack by Underworld is excellent as are the special effects and the acting.

However several big plot holes exist to allow the story to develop and one minor irritation...would people on earth who had endured years of ice age and permafrost really be out building snowmen?

7/10

yeh that's true however, most sci fi needs some suspension of disbalief to make it good, true 'hard' sci fi, ie stuff based on pure hard science fact tend to be dull reads

No time to watch movies........ to busy working to pay taxes to fund the sponging students so they can buy drink/drugs/play golf/go on holidays and buy fancy sunglasses

You boring Miserable b*****d :lol:

No time to watch movies........ to busy working to pay taxes to fund the sponging students so they can buy drink/drugs/play golf/go on holidays and buy fancy sunglasses

Aren't you too busy working to raise 3 kids and pay the rent??

Wilderness 8/10

5/10

Aussie films are similar to Scottish ones, it's the same actors and actresses all the time. :lol:

2001 Maniacs

Anything with Robert Englund in it is usually good, this one was very good, amusing gorey scenes and some decent patter

8.5/10

Eaten Alive :rolleyes: Contradicts you're Englund theory!