What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sunshine - 7/10

Would have easily been an 8/10 were it not for the stupid last half hour where they try and turn it into a horror/slasher type film. There was absolutely no need for it and really had very little to do with the rest of the film. An enjoyable film just strange why they added the horror bit!!!

Sunshine - 7/10

Would have easily been an 8/10 were it not for the stupid last half hour where they try and turn it into a horror/slasher type film. There was absolutely no need for it and really had very little to do with the rest of the film. An enjoyable film just strange why they added the horror bit!!!

Cillian Murphy doing horror :o

It's the role the man was born for, what more do you expect? :lol:

Would have easily been an 8/10 were it not for the stupid last half hour where they try and turn it into a horror/slasher type film.

Exactly my problem with it. However, even at that, at times the last section is incredibly effective. Especially the climax, which is absolutely terrific. I was absolutely hooked. So it'd keep a score of 8/10 based on that.

And yeah, Cillian Murphy is awesome for that sort of role, but the last section is incredibly unexpected.

Exactly my problem with it. However, even at that, at times the last section is incredibly effective. Especially the climax, which is absolutely terrific. I was absolutely hooked. So it'd keep a score of 8/10 based on that.

And yeah, Cillian Murphy is awesome for that sort of role, but the last section is incredibly unexpected.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean about being hooked!! I was really likeing the film up untill the last half an hour and it just seemed to interupt the full flow of the film and had me thinkin, what the f*ck???? But it was alot better than I was expecting generally and it was also a great looking film!!!

Ancient Evil: Scream of the Mummy aka Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy 2 (2000)

5/10

Acting was bloody terrible, but a watchable wee movie, despite it having nothing to do with Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy... which this followed, albeit not quite as good (LotM was a 6/10 effort)

Thought Michelle Nordin (casted as Michelle Erickson for this) was the best performance... although not saying much to be honest!

Ancient Evil: Scream of the Mummy aka Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy 2 (2000)

5/10

Acting was bloody terrible, but a watchable wee movie, despite it having nothing to do with Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy... which this followed, albeit not quite as good (LotM was a 6/10 effort)

Thought Michelle Nordin (casted as Michelle Erickson for this) was the best performance... although not saying much to be honest!

Why would anybody watch a movie with a title like that?

Sunshine - 7/10

That was precisely my take on it too.

Just watched Into The Wild - a pretty incredible story about a guy who sold all his possessions and lived in the wilderness. I have a great deal of empathy with the politics of this movie - directed by Sean Penn - and the story itself is flat out riveting. Even the soundtrack by Eddie Vedder is sensitive, but at 2hrs 30 it is the best part of an hour too long and some of the support acting is absolutely ghastly.

6/10 - thoroughly enjoyable.

Why would anybody watch a movie with a title like that?

The aka title was the British title (the Americans made the film sound really crap...and how you'd know it was a sequel from their name I don't know!!)

Million Dollar Baby (2004)

10/10

Great performances by Eastwood and Swank, Freeman goes without saying! Most moving film I've ever seen, although the CSI in me questioned the ending, but still worth the full marks.

Edited by SaltyTON

More like staring numbly at the screen. Why? Did that explain the Godzilla thing?

No but you do see the creature crash landing into the water. In fact it lands right next to a ferry which I would suspect would have seen the thing land!

Also right at the end of the credits two voices whimper "Help us". I think beth and Rob are still alive. As is the creature. I also think that this is the cvreature in some kind of juvenille stage of its life cycle.

No but you do see the creature crash landing into the water. In fact it lands right next to a ferry which I would suspect would have seen the thing land!

Also right at the end of the credits two voices whimper "Help us". I think beth and Rob are still alive. As is the creature. I also think that this is the cvreature in some kind of juvenille stage of its life cycle.

There's the starting point for the sequel then...

Aliens (1986)

10/10

I really should take a point of for the blatant predictability, but it would be harsh, so will leave it as a 10, given how much better it was than Alien.

:)

I knew you'd love it. The new ones are pish.

Scary Movie - 2/10 as I did laugh at one of two bits (I'm ashamed).

The Assassination of Jesse James

I thought Casey Affleck was suprisingly excellent in this given that his brother is usually murder. Not a western in the usual sense, more of a period drama with lots of scenes of men sitting around in chairs looking serious. Slow paced and bleak in parts but well worth seeing.

7/10