What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Do you keep thinking, why the f**k did I rate a fairly shite film so highly?

actually i'm thinking about the part

when she 'bites' off her half-brother's penis with her vagina. 'Where is it?' he says as she stands up.

(SQUELCHING THUD!!)

I cant it out of head. :ph34r:

because some of the bad parts in the film raised a bit of chuckle. so i'm rewarding some points based on that. i cant just put down a rating just so people can agree with it. ;)

Edited by the jambo-rocker

The Bank Job ( 2008 )

It'd appear that you can see the name Jason Statham on a movie, and you know it's going to be an action movie with not much time to breathe, and this one, while not action filled, rolls along at the usual pace. Some minor twists and turns along the way as well. Not horrible by any means.

6/10

Buried Alive (1990) (TV)

A TV movie that looks just like how you expect a TV movie to look. Enjoyable wee film that has Jennifer Jason Leigh as the housewife that is having an affair with her GP (Die Hard's Bill Atherton) that decides to poison her husband with the poison from the ovaries of a tropical fish (WTF?!?!?)

Needless to say, he is buried quickly without an autopsy, and well I'm sure you can work out roughly what transpires!

Directed by Frank Darabont that also directed the Green Mile and the Shawshank Redemption, as well as the Mist (you can tell this guy likes Stephen King!)

Only Yves Simoneau's Nuremberg gets a higher mark for a television movie (watched it in the States, over two nights)

7/10

Directly after Buried Alive, on Sky Movies Horror/Sci Fi was The Incredible Hulk (2008)

A great version, especially after the bloody awful Hulk back in 2003.

Great performances by Hurt, Roth and of course Edward Norton, with fun cameos from Lou Ferrigno (also playing the Hulk) and Robert Downey Jr. as the character he plays in Iron Man.

Main downsides were Liv Tyler's abysmal performance as Betty Ross, and the ridiculous sonic boom to extinguish the flames at the end.

8/10

Sunshine Cleaning ( 2008 )

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of this. I kinda enjoyed it, but I can hardly remember a single thing from the majority of that. Surely that can't be a good thing. I'm going to be kind with this rating because it certainly isn't a bad movie, but it all just seems like a big waste of time.

6/10

A Good Year. sadly not a good film. Marion Cotillard :wub: does her best. But Russell Crowe sinks this film. 3/5 (mostly for Marion :wub: )

Now its Marathon Man. :D Is it safe? :ph34r:

I watched that last night. I quite enjoyed it. 7/10

Hotel Rwanda (again) 10/10

Just a truly jaw-dropping, heart-breaking film, the impact coming from the fact that it's a true story, very little of the film having been dramatised. Wiki Cliki

If you haven't done so I'd advise reading Feargal Keane's A Season of Blood and Philip Gourevich's quite outstanding We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families. Both document the horror that went on in Rwanda during the genocide, something which I didn't pay too much attention about at the time due to the fact that Kurt Cobain had just killed himself, the fúcking dick that I was.

Saw Public Enemies on Sunday night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to see Johnny Depp in a "proper" role again after a few cartoonish characters over the last few years.

Funnily enough though it was the man who I absolutely slated in Terminator Salvation, Christian Bale who I thought actually made the movie tick. The film itself is gorgeous and Mann really knows how to shoot a shoot-out. Some of the set to's in this almost rival those in Heat.

Recommended 8.5/10

Oh and lol x infinity at the three fucktard neds that walked out after 15 mins. Obviously having to engage your brain for a movie is beyond the idiot youth of today

The Jambo Rocker - from your signature I'm assuming you'll be interested in this http://itsonitsgone.wordpress.com/2009/07/...ew-troma-event/

especially since it's in Edinburgh.

i cant get into it just now because my work have blocked the site, but i await intently on what it cuold be...