What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Agree with the rating, utter mince after a fairly entertaining first film with Eliza Dushku.

The people were all totally uninteresting, so quite like actual reality TV, and you just wanted them all to die.

The third one is out now as well.

Guest RoryHibs

The Box

People often use the phrase "worst ever" when they don't actually mean it, "I'm having the worst day ever/this is the worst album ever/he's the worst footballer ever" etc. This is without even a hint of hyperbole the worst film I have ever seen.

At first you think it's a bit daft but not too bad and you can go along with it, then about half way through the film it becomes more and more ridiculous untill a cinema full of people are pissing themselves laughing at what is supposed to be a very serious film. It goes from bad to entertainingly bad, then back to just pure bad. I'd almost reccomend it because of how bad it is, but I won't.

Shite/10.

Home Alone ( 1990 )

They just don't make christmas comedies like they used to. Infact, comedies have gone downhill full stop. This one is so much fun. It's so basic too. Just this kid doing his best to keep robbers out of the house, and the increasingly desperate measures are a joy, as is his payment of the pizza guy. I can't sympathise with a woman leaving her child at home in this situation though, and I laughed at the attempts to make me do so. Superb little subplot with the old guy helps to even things out.

Basically fun right from start to finish.

8/10

I Love You, Man

Watched it last night for the first time since I watched it at the cinema on release and it was still as funny. Probably found it more cringe-worthy the second time arouns as you knew what was going to happen and that made me enjoy it more I guess. Paul Rudd's hilarious in it, but Jason Segel was the stand-out.

7/10

Carriers ( 2009 )

A bunch of really stupid morons are basically travelling about avoiding this virus and running into other people who are avoiding the virus. I'm not even sure that there's a point to all of this malarky. It seems like an awful lot of mess and stupidity to get to where we were going. Just a boring tedious mess of a movie.

1/10

The Descent 2? I think it was called that.

What a lot o' shite! Very boring, and cliched. The only half thing that saved it was the Bumpling Old Police Chief who was hilarious and looked surprised the whole way through it. Ending was very odd, and just crap.

1/10

Harry Brown - 8 or 9 out of 10, can't be bothered creating a detailed analysis of the film right now but it was cracking.

Saw it the other night. Michael Caine is fantastic in it. Nearly loses itself a bit from the bit with Eli Dingle/getting the gun etc onwards and by god its depressing but a right guid film. Recommended.

8/10

Films I have recently seen:

2012 - 2/10, gash

Zombieland - 8/10 best film seen at a cinema this year

Harry Brown - 5/10 Not my kind of film

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - 8.5/10 - Very good film

Local Hero - 8.5/10 Fantastic Stuff

Goodbye Lenin - 9.5/10 - One of my favourite films

Paranormal Activity - 2/10 Not scary in the slightest, laughed more than being scraed.

The Acid House - 7/10 Odd but funny and typically Irvine Welsh

Edited by Enigma

Because I've seen dozens of the exact same movie, done better...it definitely wasn't jumpy (as I said I had hot coffee on my lap the whole time)... in fact Scream was jumpier!

I very rarely agree with your views on films but here you have got it spot on in my eyes.

Harry Brown

Seems to be the done thing at the moment, older actors playing a character who is seeking revenge. Decent film, however, I have seen better. I am just going to base this as if it was an original though as I have a soft spot for this type of film and shall give it a very decent but perhaps slightly generous score (Due to the fact the genre of these type of films is becoming repetitive.) of;

6/10

Carriers ( 2009 )

A bunch of really stupid morons are basically travelling about avoiding this virus and running into other people who are avoiding the virus. I'm not even sure that there's a point to all of this malarky. It seems like an awful lot of mess and stupidity to get to where we were going. Just a boring tedious mess of a movie.

1/10

Noticed this quote about it in a review on IMDb, it makes me wonder about Americans... "So emotional, So powerful, About the power of friendship and Family. It made me tear up from time to time, you just felt so ...bad for them and there situation. Really I would check it out, It is worth the watch."

Role Models - 6/10

Pretty average feel good comedy, oh and everytime I see Seann William Scott in a movie I just keep thinking that he will never get a better character than Steve Stifler

Watched it last night, had some good moments. 7/10. Seen Sean William Scott on Soccer AM promoting this film a while ago, he was basically making a fool of himself and saying that all his roles now are just older versions of Stifler's.

Gary The Tennis Player.

Sean William Scott playing a tennis player who gave up the game and becomes the janitor at a school. The Coach dies and SWS takes over to lead the team to the state finals.

Its as bad as the title of the film suggests. 1/10.

The hills have eyes 2

Absolute rubbish, terrible acting and terrible plot.

2/10

Ice age 3

Not as good as the first 2 films but i found it quite enjoyable and laughed quite a few times

7.5/10

District 9

Pretty decent, well worth a watch. I thought the main character was ace considering he hadnt done any major roles.

7/10

Top secret

Possibly my favourite film j*sus its funny

10/10

Noticed this quote about it in a review on IMDb, it makes me wonder about Americans... "So emotional, So powerful, About the power of friendship and Family. It made me tear up from time to time, you just felt so ...bad for them and there situation. Really I would check it out, It is worth the watch."

:lol:

I suppose I DID feel like crying during it, but certainly not for the right reasons ...

Pandorum ( 2009 )

This really got going very well. Did brilliantly to make me think "what in the name is going on here ?" and make me want to find out. I didn't want to find out as it turns out, although the little plot involving Dennis Quaid was rather fun. It's clear that somebody messed up here, mainly on the plot involving Ben Foster and his band running around the ship, but this isn't without it's merits. I would not recommend it.

3/10