What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Eat Pray Love

Awful, dreadful, cringeworthy. Her turn to pick the film last night. I can watch Julia Roberts and respect her as an actress but this was a bunch of self indulgent chick flick tripe. 2 hours 20 mins of it as well. Avoid like the plague.

-10/10

From Beyond the Grave (1973)

A British version of Creepshow, starring such notable late British actors as Peter Cushing, Donald Pleasance, Ian Carmichael, Ian Bannen and Diana Dors.

For the greatness of the cast this really should have been so much better than it was. Four stories, three of which were passable, but the first one with David Warner was just pointless and didn't seem to go anywhere at all.

This was the first of 48 directorial film roles for Kevin Warren, a lot of movies and I haven't heard of any of them... makes you wonder how the hell he managed to get such luminaries to star in his directorial début!

5/10 - probably a 6 for the last three stories and a 2 for the first one, so a 5 on average. Not enough Peter Cushing for my liking, the man was a genius!

Juno (2007)

It was a toss up between this and 300, and a Facebook vote revealed this is what I should watch.

I thought it was average. I don't know whether I actually liked it or not. It got quite boring. There were a few funny one liners, but I was quite disappointed.

5/10

The John Travolta "action" film? I absolutely hated that. I assumed it was a piss take. His catchphrase is "Wax on, wax off"

In my defence, the aid of a couple of beers may have clouded the judgment.

9 65%

Wasnt half-bad, a bit better than I thought it was going to be anyway.

500 days of summer 77%

This was actually quite refreshing from anything I've seem. It wasnt perfect, but it was probably a lot more believable and honest in terms of how the plot worked out(instead of the clichéd hollywood ending) than about 500 other stupid rom-coms i feel like I've seen over and over.

Freaks (1932)

Tod Browning (who made the original Dracula) puts together one of the most famous "video nasties" of all time, it was banned in the UK until 1962 and is still technically banned in many states in the United States of America due the prohibition orders never having been lifted.

It features many of the original cast of PT Barnum's circus, and despite not containing anything worthy of the ban except the ideas which go through the heads of the characters (we don't see anything by the impression is given), the original ending never made it onto this version as it was considered too cruel, but I think they made the right choice in the end.

Genius and very daring considering when this was made (it's the oldest film I've ever seen, before this that was Duck Soup - another genius film).

At times it does drag a little in parts, and in a film that doesn't last an hour that loses it a few marks for me.

7/10

Fantastic review, you should write for Empire.

Sorry, have you seen Cocktail? Perhaps you could post your review and we could compare shit. I think the girl in it was quite good looking, she was in The Karate Kid and also Leaving Las Vegas. Also I liked some of the songs and the cocktails being made.

Enter The Void

Written and directed by the notorious Gasper Noé and clocking in at 161mins. I loved Seul contre tous (I Stand Alone) but hated Irreversible. Up until about halfway through this I was thinking it fell somewhere between those two films but the last half hour or so was such a lamentable piece of filmmaking that it pissed me off completely. People who know his films won't be surprised at some of the more harrowing stuff and I'm fairly sure they won't be surprised by the extreme tedium that comes along with it either. I doubt very much I'll go along and see whatever he comes out with next.

2/10

The Other Guys 8/9 out of 10

It's not as good as Anchorman or Old School but better than the likes of Talladega(sp) Nights, Blades of Glory and Step Brothers.

A lot of funny moments in it.

Yet it gets a much higher mark than Anchorman deserved as it was watchable at best. (I mean 6/10, aside from Elf has this talentless man done anything good?)

Yet it gets a much higher mark than Anchorman deserved as it was watchable at best. (I mean 6/10, aside from Elf has this talentless man done anything good?)

What Will Ferrell? Step Brothers, Blades of Glory, Old School, Anchorman, Elf, Semi Pro, Talladega Nights, Wedding Crashers and now the Other Guys are all funny films. He isn't a great actor but his films are always funny as f**k, imo.

Anchorman is my favourite film ever though so perhaps I'm (slightly :P) biased.

Miller's Crossing - 10/10

Yet to see a bad Coen brothers film.

Like a lot of people, I'm a big fan of the Coens but The Ladykillers honks while Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading are patchy at best. I like all of the other ones with two of them being amongst my favourite films of all time.

What Will Ferrell? Step Brothers, Blades of Glory, Old School, Anchorman, Elf, Semi Pro, Talladega Nights, Wedding Crashers and now the Other Guys are all funny films. He isn't a great actor but his films are always funny as f**k, imo.

Anchorman is my favourite film ever though so perhaps I'm (slightly :P) biased.

His best film is Elf (of the ones that I've seen, listed below in order).

Elf

Starsky and Hutch (uncredited)

Anchorman

Zoolander

Land of the Lost

It's the closest to being funny. Land of the Lost was just fucking painful, I watched that on the plane between Dubai and Bangkok and I wanted to jump out the window...

His best film is Elf (of the ones that I've seen, listed below in order).

Elf

Starsky and Hutch (uncredited)

Anchorman

Zoolander

Land of the Lost

It's the closest to being funny. Land of the Lost was just fucking painful, I watched that on the plane between Dubai and Bangkok and I wanted to jump out the window...

I've not seen Land of the Lost. S&H and Zoolander are fairly minor roles are they not? The ones I've listed are all hilarious and I suggest you rush out and buy them.

I've not seen Land of the Lost. S&H and Zoolander are fairly minor roles are they not? The ones I've listed are all hilarious and I suggest you rush out and buy them.

S&H is just a short cameo, I can't remember much about Zoolander other than it was horrible...

My main issue with Ferrell is that he doesn't try actually acting, I don't believe he has acted in his career yet (?).

Having checked there's quite a lot of people who don't find him funny in the slightest: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002071/board/nest/139866405