What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Naked Gun ( 1988 )

I wanted to like this. I really did. As a fan of spoof movies, I SHOULD have liked it. So it came as a shock when one of the acclaimed spoofs turned out to be shit joke after shit joke. I'll give some credit for making me laugh a couple of times. Infact, a mark for each time I laughed, and should be fortunate that I don't take away for the number of times when I thought "pish".

2/10

Edited by DomDom

Valkyrie.

One of those movies that should have been good given the stellar cast and subject, bit I just found the whole thing underwhelming.

Also why bother doing the old "Hunt for Red October" trick of having them start in German then change to English mid sentence only for half the cast to use their normal accents and the other half do the dodgy Commando comic German ones. Yes Eddie Izzard, I'm looking at you.

5/10

I vaguely remember a couple of things from it so I must have seen it when I was younger.

The thing is, I love spoof movies. It's only the more recent "... Movie" series that have irked me, although I enjoyed pretty much all of the Scary Movie ones.

Yeah, films like Hotshots, Airplane, Naked Gun etc were all brilliant. Even scary movie was really funny but as you say the latest glut of "movie" films have been atrocious.

Meet the Spartans is one of the worst films ever.

Epic Movie is one of the only two films I've ever walked out on.

(St Trinian's is the other one.)

Epic Movie is one of the only two films I've ever walked out on.

(St Trinian's is the other one.)

Blair Witch is the only one I've walked out of, The Number 23 was close but it was in London at a tenner to get in so suffered through it.

Everyone that we heard left saying how clever it was, etc, and we were all laughing at how shit it was!

Saw 2 movies this week Back to the future 9/10 absolute classic. Must have seen it about a dozen times over the years but seeing in on the big screen again 24 years later with modern cinema sound systems made it a treat.

Also I saw The Town last night 8.5/10 a modern classic in the Heat mode, great action with plenty of shooting.

Shutter Island (2010)

It is a very well made film, and scripted well. However, I feel as though I've watched almost the exact same plot some-place before, but I just can't remember where...

It was a tad obvious that there was some sort of regression going on within about five minutes of the film starting but they kept it entertaining throughout, not a ridiculous Shymalan twist!

The mark is quite difficult, it had frankly a disappointing ending (although just the solitary image to convey what was about to happen was better than stating the obvious) but nice that everything didn't work out in a Hollywood let's all go to Disneyland-type effort.

Di Caprio is his usual brilliant self, although was outshone by Ben Kingsley who I thought was brilliant!

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

I just watched a film called Hush on 4+1. It was utter, utter pish.

Avoid. 0/10. I can't think of any redeeming factor at all.

Someone on my FB disagrees. :P

Channel 4 film called Hush, just saw a guy get stabbed in the eye with an allan key.

great : D

aww man its amazing you missed it though

I just watched a film called Hush on 4+1. It was utter, utter pish.

Avoid. 0/10. I can't think of any redeeming factor at all.

I saw that last night. Thought it was decent as low budget British films go. Acting was ropey, and there was more holes in the plot than the proverbial Swiss cheese, but it wasnae bad. Probably give it a 5/10 for effort.

Also watched the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123 last night, and enjoyed that. Denzel Washington's a fantastic actor, and although he basically plays the same character in nearly every film, he does it well. Thought Travolta was pretty good too. The plot was nonsense, but it's the kind of film where that doesnae really matter. I've not seen the original (I don't think so anyway), so I dunno if it's better or worse, but an enjoyable enough 'popcorn' movie 7/10

Ferris Buellers day off 10/10

Die Hard 4.0 10/10

Die Hard 4.0 was fun in a so shit it's good kind of way. :D À la Crank!

Any chance you could spell Liechtenstein properly as it's driving me insane.

Just watched REC 2, really scary and jumpy film, keeps it pace well and just does a simple story well. Not as good as REC 1, but still very good. Don't get this confused with the American version which is pish. 8/10

Also saw Paranormal activity 2 at work on Friday morning, really good as well, even though you know the story and subject from the first it still pulls out all the stops and new scares along the way make it really enjoyable in a horror movie kinda way. 8/10

Alone in the Dark II (Video 2008)

I had seen the first one, and it was truly awful, but Uwe Boll amuses me so thought I'd give this a try. It wasn't good by any manner of means, but it was at least decent enough to just about scrape a pass. This was certainly better than the original, simple reason being much less money, less that Boll can go crazy with it.

Danny Trejo and Lance Henriksen pop up, you won't be surprised to find that Trejo dies (it's his speciality).

The plot was as straight forward as you can make one about a witch trying to get somebody's soul, and the inclusion of no daft side stories helped.

As Boll films go it was above average, and didn't feature Clint Howard so that can only be a positive.

5/10