What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It sounded Scouse, Welsh, Irish, American and Australian at various parts.

TBH Russell Crowe is my most disliked A-list actor, simply because he is a terrible actor. He manages to make Daniel Craig seem talented.

Supposedly what he was trying to do was give him a mixture, of northern, mid and southern England as well as Irish as Robin Hood traveled all over the British Isles and would dip in and out of most, but yeah dont know where the American and Australian ones came from. I think i even heard South African

There's a potential thread in there, has it been done before?

Don't think it's been done but can just see it ending up with people saying stupid things like,

"enter generic film title"

End of thread.

Seen a few films recently

New Town Killers - Low budget Scottish film with Dougray Scott playing a bit of a psycho. No change there then. A decent idea, hampered by some dodgy acting, and I was totally distracted from the plot by desperately trying to work out where I'd seen the main character's sister before, before realising near the end she was the same actress who played 'Annie' in Life on Mars. Anyway, reasonable effort with a paper thin storyline. 5/10

Knowing - I like Nicolas Cage, but sometimes he doesnae do himself any favours with his film choices, and here's another one. A decent first 20 mins or so before it goes totally off the rails, and has the most absurd ending ever. Simply awful - 2/10

The Hangover - I expected this to be rubbish, but I was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was. Being an alki myself, I could empathise with the plight of the characters in not being able to remember the previous nights activities. Great cameo from Mike Tyson too. 7/10

Just watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Brilliant.

8/10.

Really? I thought it was horrendously slow... and given I was on a 36 hour flight, that says a lot! I gave it the same mark as Transformers 2, which is not a positive comment!

Four lions

More close to the bone humour from Chris morris this time taking on the subject of Muslim terrorism in Britain. I thought it was hilarious, also a little disturbing at times.

7.5/10 for laughs

Ghost Rider - Seriously, what was going on in this film? I remember when it came out I didn't go to see it because the poster looked shit. Turns out it was a fine call cause that was one of the worse pieces of film I have ever watched. Plot was weak and the acting weaker. 1/10.

Ghost Rider - Seriously, what was going on in this film? I remember when it came out I didn't go to see it because the poster looked shit. Turns out it was a fine call cause that was one of the worse pieces of film I have ever watched. Plot was weak and the acting weaker. 1/10.

I was more disappointed cause the comic books are amazing. The foe in the film, Blackheart, is one of the badass villains in the Marvel universe and they made him look shit.

Nicholas Cage can join Wahlberg on my "Shitey Actors List"

The Final Destination (2009)

I felt this was a nice way to round of the quadrilogy, and tied up everything nicely. David Ellis' nods to his previous films (whilst they were possibly only in my head, and unintentional, were nicely done) there was definitely nods to Snakes on a Plane, FD2 and Cellular, but I may have stretched the Homeward Bound II link a bit tenuously!

Wykelti Williamson (Bubba in Forrest Gump) is a brilliant actor, why does he not get more work these days?

If you take aside the ridiculous understanding of human anatomy, and of Health and Safety law, then it was a nice watchable film.

6/10

Really? I thought it was horrendously slow... and given I was on a 36 hour flight, that says a lot! I gave it the same mark as Transformers 2, which is not a positive comment!

I watched it at 10am on a Sunday morning so it could have been my mindset at the time.

I know I could check on the internet, but opening a new tab takes far too long.

Back to the Future: As far as I know, it's in the cinema for a limited time only. Has this limited time passed, and if not, when does it finish?

A nice watchable film? It was awful. The post-production 3D effects looked laughably shit. It lacked all the tension and intrigue of all the other films in the series, far too boring and predictable. Williamson may be a brilliant actor but in this film, really? Even the shitty third one had more imagination than this.

If you spent more time actually watching films than looking up people on IMDB and name-dropping everywhere you may write a decent review for once.

I was watching it on a laptop, so wasn't taking 3D into account at all. It was watchable, you need to look up the meaning of predictable as it was not predictable until you saw the entire set-up of the scene - from the visions you could put a very rough assumption on what would happen, but they made it as interesting as possible for a very tired concept.

Also I didn't say it was good you moron, I said watchable and nice. It was still the worst one though...

I thought Williamson made it, and the effects were well enough done for a horror that was very cheap for 3D Hollywood film.

I, however, didn't like that they knew about the previous occurrences of these visions (the flight 180 disaster), but didn't think anything of Clear Rivers water... and the H&S issues I said earlier!

I'm Still Here

Casey Affleck directed 'documentary' of Joaquin Phoenix and his public bearded breakdown as he retires from acting and tries to establish himself as a rap artist. It has funny moments as Joaquin freaks out a lot of people with his bizarre behaviour but it doesn't really do much. The fact that all involved have immediately admitted it's a put on removes any real point to the effort they made. It could have been an interesting analysis on the media circus but it's ultimately some mildly amusing scenes of a guy acting wasted.

5/10

New Town Killers

You've got to hand it to Richard Jobson the way he manages to get his films made. That's about it though. Badly acted nonsense is the quickest way to describe this. Interesting to see the Edinburgh locations, when he's not indulging in rapid cuts, but it's another turkey from the Skids front man.

3/10

On the subject of The Final Destination, I thought the plot was terrible. Infact the majority of the movie was terrible. Unlike the previous movies, the tension before the deaths was basically non-existant. The only reasons I was able to stand the movie were 1) it was really short and 2) the death scenes were fun. The movie wasn't long enough for the stuff outside of the death scenes to take away from it.

Given that Final Destination 3 was probably my favourite of the series so far, I thought that it was a concept that it was pretty simple to get a decent movie out of. For the last one to fail so miserably in most areas goes to show how inept the people that made it are.

Despite the 4th being called "The Final Destination" a 5th one has is currently in production...

IMDB: Final Destination 5

Anyway, I've just watched the film 'Frozen', has anyone seen it? What a load of shit. I thought the general idea of the plot was pretty good and it had a bit of potiental and I was enjoying it until....

the fucking wolves showed up. They just ruined the film. Wolves are timid as hell around humans and are very unlikely to attack a human, let alone eat one! They ruined what could've been an excellent film just to add a bit of hollywood into it.

As for the ending!!....

We don't even find out if she lives? We've just seen survive all that, we've got attached to the character, watched her drag her half frozen body down a mountain to be found by someone just as she's going to die and we don't even get to find out if she lives.

2/10.