What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Enter The Void

Written and directed by the notorious Gasper Noé and clocking in at 161mins. I loved Seul contre tous (I Stand Alone) but hated Irreversible. Up until about halfway through this I was thinking it fell somewhere between those two films but the last half hour or so was such a lamentable piece of filmmaking that it pissed me off completely. People who know his films won't be surprised at some of the more harrowing stuff and I'm fairly sure they won't be surprised by the extreme tedium that comes along with it either. I doubt very much I'll go along and see whatever he comes out with next.

2/10

Surprised that, I thought Irreversible was a masterclass in directorial technique. I'll go see it at the GFT.

S&H is just a short cameo, I can't remember much about Zoolander other than it was horrible...

My main issue with Ferrell is that he doesn't try actually acting, I don't believe he has acted in his career yet (?).

Having checked there's quite a lot of people who don't find him funny in the slightest: http://www.imdb.com/.../nest/139866405

No doubt, no doubt. He's my favourite comedic actor. I don't go to see his films for the quality of acting, I go for a laugh.

If I wanted a decent showing of acting skill, I'd go to a Samuel L Jackson film.

Like a lot of people, I'm a big fan of the Coens but The Ladykillers honks while Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading are patchy at best. I like all of the other ones with two of them being amongst my favourite films of all time.

:lol: Funnily enough I haven't seen any of those, I don't think I'll like them - you've just enhanced my veiwpoint!

Watched a few I got in Blockbuster recently.

Robin Hood - 5/10. Very disappointed with it. Battle scenes were a real let down too. Especially at the end when Marian led them kids on pony's into war.

The Ghost - I enjoyed this thriller. The ending was a little weak but kept you guessing throughout as to what might happen. Good to watch on a Sunday when there's nowt else on. 6.5/10

Also watched the one mentioned earlier with "Wax on, Wax off" - awful. The tart in it was hot though. 2/10.

The Town

Bank robber thriller in the vein of The Departed or Heat. Set in Bawwston, directed by and starring Bennifer Affleck and Mad Men's John Hamm. Very much enjoyed this. Although I'm usually bored to death during shootouts and car chase scenes, i wasn't in this film. Very watchable and not overly long either.

7/10

Yet it gets a much higher mark than Anchorman deserved as it was watchable at best. (I mean 6/10, aside from Elf has this talentless man done anything good?)

Oh god, we have a pretentious twat in our midst. f**k sake, will ferrell is a comedy god, much better than your gervais, Rudd and Carrell (tho not by much).

Freaks - WTF, I was brought up on films like that, Freaks i was shown when i was 12 by my grandad, not exactly what i call classic in any sense, yet you rip the f**k out of everyone elses choice of films, who are you, Mark "fucking" Kermode?

Went and saw Buried before work yesterday, absoloutely fantastic movie, so enthralling and never breaks pace, go and see. And finally a film where i didnt watch Ryan Reynolds and expect him to crack a joke. Go and see it. 8/10

Might go and see Other Guys today before work as im in the mood for a good comedy.

S&H is just a short cameo, I can't remember much about Zoolander other than it was horrible...

My main issue with Ferrell is that he doesn't try actually acting, I don't believe he has acted in his career yet (?).

Having checked there's quite a lot of people who don't find him funny in the slightest: http://www.imdb.com/.../nest/139866405

and I'm sure there's a lot of people who find him extremely funny.

Anchorman, the Other Guys, Old School & Step Brothers are amongst the funniest films I've watched...in my opinion. Throughly enjoyable and I don't care about the acting. He must be doing something right.

Edit to add: and a Night at the Roxbury!

Edited by LAGer

I watched Robin Hood the other night. The one with Russel Crowe. Was pretty good, took a bit of getting into. Is it just me or did Crowes accent sound scouse at times? :lol:

It sounded Scouse, Welsh, Irish, American and Australian at various parts.

TBH Russell Crowe is my most disliked A-list actor, simply because he is a terrible actor. He manages to make Daniel Craig seem talented.

Step Brothers is the best film that Will Ferrell has been in, closely followed by Elf, Anchorman and the Other Guys.

I also quite like Mark Walhberg's aggressive acting and his diction.

The last film I watched was Buried, whilst being quite gripping and intense throughout, it is totally ruined by the worst ending in the history of film. If it had ended thirty seconds before it actually does I would be giving it an 8 out of 10, but sadly it didn't so it gets 6/10.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Step Brothers is the best film that Will Ferrell has been in, closely followed by Elf, Anchorman and the Other Guys.

I also quite like Mark Walhberg's aggressive acting and his diction.

The last film is watched was Buried, whilst being quite gripping and intense throughout, it is totally ruined by the worst ending in the history of film. If it had ended thirty seconds before it actually does I would be giving it an 8 out of 10, but sadly it didn't so it gets 6/10.

I too don't mind Wahlberg, he wouldn't work in a comedy but in a dark role he works fine.

For the worst ending of all time, for me it's definitely Alien - it like you've said for Buried, took it from an 8 to a 6.

I too don't mind Wahlberg, he wouldn't work in a comedy but in a dark role he works fine.

For the worst ending of all time, for me it's definitely Alien - it like you've said for Buried, took it from an 8 to a 6.

There's a potential thread in there, has it been done before?