What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watched Lawless last night and very Impressed can't really add anything more to what has been written in in the last couple of pages about it

8/10

Went to see the Sweeney last week as well and thought it was pretty good as well, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

7/10

Watched Lawless last night and very Impressed can't really add anything more to what has been written in in the last couple of pages about it

8/10

Really enjoyed Lawless. Thought it looked amazing. Guy Pearce was brilliantly creepy, and i like anything Tom Hardy does to be honest. His "...I thought i walked" line was well received in the screening i saw. :D And he's a handsome ba[/b]stard. :wub:

Agree with the reviews on here thought about La Bouef. He was fine in it, but his character trying to be a hard man just looked feeble.

Went to see The Tower Bock (2012). Didn't know much about this film before I went to see it and I really enjoyed it. Have had a look at some of the reviews of it since and it gets pretty mixed reviews but I'd definitely recommend going to see it. I won't give too much of the plot away but it's a horror/thriller. Great performances from Sheridan Smith (Smithys sister in Gavin and Stacey) and Russell Tovey (Him and Her). The only downside is it doesn't take a genius to work out who the tormentor is but if you ignore that then it's a really enjoyable British film. Surely has to be the best post one night stand scene ever

I saw Looper today. I need to see it again before I give a review on here because I'm still scratching my head over some bits but time travel does that to you :P

All I can say is that it's a fantastic idea for a film and I did like it - a number of people leaving the cinema said it was shit. It's refreshing to have a fairly original (although there's clearly nods to other films) sci-fi film in a time when we've been bombarded with reboots, sequels, prequels and remakes.

Good performances all round, nothing outstanding but JGL is very good (I'm not really a fan of him). Decent special effects but some annoying camera work.

Edited by yoda

The Campaign (2012)

Funny enough movie, the whole thing seemed to be set up around gag jokes. Some parts I was in absolute stitches, other jokes I never foun funny at all. Wouldn't be a first choice with the likes of "looper" and "lawless" in the cinema and cineworld have already cut the number of showings for it, which I think was very harsh! Decent enough comedy to watch.

6/10

The Liquidator (2011)

A film from Kazakhstan but Borat it is not.

A journo with info on Mafia/business stuff is murdered and his brother goes for revenge. More than watchable, only gripe was it was dubbed with yank accents that didn't fit.

7 1/2 / 10

The Campaign (2012)

Funny enough movie, the whole thing seemed to be set up around gag jokes. Some parts I was in absolute stitches, other jokes I never foun funny at all. Wouldn't be a first choice with the likes of "looper" and "lawless" in the cinema and cineworld have already cut the number of showings for it, which I think was very harsh! Decent enough comedy to watch.

6/10

I saw it yesterday and I'd agree. It was decent enough and there was plenty of laughs. It did the same as Ted in that the trailers showed a PG version of the scene, there was probably more but the two scenes where;

Ferrell gets bitten by a snake and shot by Galifianakis

were slightly different in the film, using more mature language etc. I quite like that, it avoids the problem that some comedies can have where the trailer has all the good stuff and the rest of the film suffers from you being too familiar with the funny parts.

Ferrell and Galifianakis were great. The others were pretty good. Aykroyd, Lithgow and Cox having decent wee cameos. The two campaign managers were decent enough as well, did their jobs well and made the two main characters look good which is what they should be doing.

I also enjoyed a few of the running jokes in the film;

Cam Brady '0-12, Huggins not being able to open doors and the campaign manager(for Huggins first then Brady) appearing from out of nowhere. Oh, and Brady punching babies and dogs.

I'd go with a 7.5/10, it's good and funny and unless I'm forgetting any of his films then I'd say it's Ferrell's 4th funniest film behind Anchorman, Old School and The Other Guys. On a par with the likes of Semi Pro and Blades of Glory.

I thought Dylan McDermott was terrific. Favourite scene had to be...

Him sitting in the kitchen eating cheerios while the argument between the Huggins' was going on.

It's a 7/10 for me, for the record.

Aye, couldn't remember his name, he was good but not as good (as you'd expect) as Ferrell or Galifianakis. He was better than Jason Sudeikis though.

Inception- just watched this for the first time and never has the term "it insists upon itself" been so apt. The film thinks it is a lot smarter than it actually is. Very overrated, on first viewing anyway. It looks nice but apart from that I was bored and had to try hard not to switch it off.

I'd go with a 7.5/10, it's good and funny and unless I'm forgetting any of his films then I'd say it's Ferrell's 4th funniest film behind Anchorman, Old School and The Other Guys. On a par with the likes of Semi Pro and Blades of Glory.

Better than Talladega?

Four Assassins (2012)

Set in Hong Kong, it is a slow paced dialogue driven film about 4 hitmen in an hotel room where 1 has screwed up on a hit and the others are waiting to off him. Three of them have a history and that drives the film.

Miguel Ferrer hasn't aged in 30 years and is always watchable.

Could've been faster paced but I quite enjoyed it

6/10

The Campaign

I thought this was really poor. A few moments that were chuckle worthy but it was painful for the most part, which is a shame because the film had a wealth of talent (Ferrell, Aykroyd and Cox, alongside people who are highly rated in US comedy: Sudeikis and Galifianakis).

I'm beginning to get bored with Will Ferrell now. I do like some of his films but recently most of them have been almost identical: Ferrell puts on a voice and occasionally shouts, doing an impression of Ron Burgundy. I liked it but now it's beginning to grate, particularly when he showed there's more to him than that in Stranger Than Fiction.

I'm not someone who thinks all humour should be high-brow, I like some crass toilet humour so it's not as if this isn't my cup of tea. I like Jay Roach he's directed some good comedies.

With an election coming up it was a brilliant opportunity for some really good satire - Ferrell's done it before - but it was well wide of the mark. The funny moments were when there was some really criticism of the US political culture, but when it moved away from that and resorted to some fairly unfunny stuff from that it wasn't very good.

Good points: Dylan McDermott was good. Zach Galifianakis was better than expected. The jokes about US politics (which is what the film is about) were good.

Bad points: Will Ferrell wasn't good. A waste of good talent. Most of the "other" jokes were pretty poor. A complete disappointment.

4.5/10

It surely can't be any worse than the painfully unfunny "The other guys" though.

I've not seen it. I did see The Land Of The Lost and it's better than that, although that is damning with faint praise.

Edited by yoda