What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

No, don't think he is mate.

Nope, he's called Ray in In Bruges and Marty in Seven Psychopaths.

yeah you are both correct as you know, think my missus got mixed up with the fact both farrell and mcdonagh worked together for the film in bruges

ah well, it was a good film anyway, some right good one liners in it

That doesn't explain how it was even brought up.

Yeah, I'm not sure why. He says he hasn't seen In Bruges but then says you don't need to have seen In Bruges to enjoy Seven Psychopaths. A bit strange to say that, for all you (51 and Counting) know, having seen In Bruges might've pushed the film to a 10/10.

Of course it doesn't now it's been pointed out that they're not connected apart from the actor and writer/director.

Watched The Prestige for the first time on BBC Three there. 9/10. Fucking brilliant film. Kept me guessing and coming up with theories of my own the whole way through and in the last half hour of the film I think I was lucky if I breathed, it was suspensful and excellently executed.

Got round to finally watching (and rewatching) the Tarantino films that appeal to me.

Reservoir Dogs - 8.5/10

Pulp Fiction - 8/10

Jackie Brown - 9/10

Kill Bill: Vol.I - 7.5/10

Kill Bill: Vol.II - 6/10

Inglorious Basterds - 6.5/10

Edited by yoda

That could be a number of Tarantino films...which was it, and what did you think?

It was the dyslexic Inglourious Basterds. Enjoyed it thoroughly, including Brad's plastic surgery experiments. Good yarn, well played and beautifully shot - photography, I mean, although guns too, but I don't like real guns, if you know what I mean.

Inglorious Basterds

Have to say that I love this film, it does divide opinion a bit mainly due to people expecting more from it but for me it's a great movie, Bradd Pitt is superb but of course the main man is Christopher Waltz who plays the controlled camp sadist Hans perfectly, one of the best performances in a Tarantino film ever for me. 9/10

Edited by Co.Down Hibee

It was the dyslexic Inglourious Basterds. Enjoyed it thoroughly, including Brad's plastic surgery experiments. Good yarn, well played and beautifully shot - photography, I mean, although guns too, but I don't like real guns, if you know what I mean.

Had an inkling it might have been that- but it then occurred to me that Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill also include moments of barbaric hairdressing. Glad you liked it.

Rewatched Inglorious Basterds. Actually I must have missed the first 45 mins on first viewing so I'm tempted to call this a first watch. Really enjoyed it again. Don't do actress crushes but mildly smitten by Melanie Laurent (Shoshanna). Lots of references to other films and the art of filmmaking itself which I'm sure didn't pass many readers here by. Genuinely admire Tarantino's confidence in long spoken scenes, which generally contained more tension and drama than the action sequences. Nice f**k-you to subtitles haters too. Good acting all around, though I can imagine some people thinking Pitt was a bit too cartoonish and the ending a little weak and at a deeper note, like most QT films, can be read as morally troublesome. His heart is in the right place, the hyperactive coke freak. 8/10.