What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Call, ( which is on the Mexican Netflix )

Never seen it advertised until this afternoon, A very decent watch, won't say anything about it yet as its just at the cinema but its quite gripping and cleverly done.

7.5/10

I watched this at the cinema over the weekend. It was heading towards a reasonable enough mark, but I can't forgive ending as it feels a bit disjointed from the rest of the film.

Still, a watchable enough thriller with decent performances from the 3 main actors. Definitely worth a watch.

Edited by Kyle

Leaning towards being a bit spoilery there.

Is it?

I haven't given away anything that happens in the film at all in the post.

I've edited my post just in case it does ruin the film for anyone. I don't think it was particularly spoilery, but ye know, nice to be nice and that.

Edited by Kyle

Prisoners - 8/10

Went to see Prisoners on Saturday there for the last night of my holiday in America. Very dece film, good story and a good cast to go with it. One criticism of the film is that I felt it was a tad too long, just personal opinion. Jake Gyllenhaal's character's twitchy eye also gets a worthy mention.

Thought this was coming out on Friday? It looks an amazing film though.

Cineworld cardholder advance screening. The premier was on Monday with James McAvoy, Irine Welsh and Jon Baird all ended up in the diggers lol

It looks terrible tbh. As much as McAvoy is a good actor, he's never the Policeman from that book. Much like Tom Cruise is never Jack Reacher in a million years.

It's actually pretty good, and McAvoy does a good job with the character he's given to play. They have softened Robbo up a bit and changed at least one key plot point. The ending, though the same from the book, now has a slightly redemptive quality to it, rather than Robbo's original big 'f**k you' gesture.

It's a bloody good movie, but it's no where near being a straight up adapatation of the source material. It's more like the link between blade Runner and 'do androids dream of electric sheep' many of the same characters in similar situations, but with significant changes both in terms of motivation and actions; The book as 'source material' rather than screenplay.

Edited by renton

Never read the book so no expectations tho a fellow poster was also with us who admitted as tho its a bit diluted from the book the film is still very good

It's been a while, but in the book Welsh puts all his hatred of Hearts fans and the Police onto this one odious character. It's definitely one of his more memorable books.

I'll defo see the film.

Here comes the boom.

Typical Sandler esc film. Some laugh out loud moments and some cringeworthy.

Still the other half and I enjoyed it. Most of the fight scenes were hilarious. Was also cool to see proper UFC people in it.

Weird to see Kevin James reasonably thin compared to normal. And anything with Salma Hayek :wub: in it can't be bad.

6/10

Here comes the boom.

Typical Sandler esc film. Some laugh out loud moments and some cringeworthy.

Still the other half and I enjoyed it. Most of the fight scenes were hilarious. Was also cool to see proper UFC people in it.

Weird to see Kevin James reasonably thin compared to normal. And anything with Salma Hayek :wub: in it can't be bad.

6/10

Was in stitches when he was fighting in the rain and neither fighter could stay on there feet.