What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

On that...

Not sure if this is spoiling anything, but you should always be cautious. The descent of Robertson was so fierce that comedy when it was going on would not have been at all fitting. This guy was a c**t before, but what he was becoming was much worse and there was nothing funny to be found. They needed to bring that intensity through and killing the mood wouldn't have achieved much, other than some cheap laughs and a totally different final act.

Yeah, I see your point completely. I probably just felt that the 'descent' part went on the tiniest bit too long and 5-10 minutes could have been cut out. As I said though, it's the tiniest nitpick and I only mentioned it after trying really, really hard to find anything I could criticise the film for.

They're trying to hype up Filth as some kind of most shocking film ever thing, is it? I've got me doubts, i've read the book, thought it was pretty weak, and Glue even worse. Seen the posters for it and not really fancying it.

Edited by Christophe

Filth (the novel) 's weakness was that it tried to be too taboo, and the decent ideas got lost in a wave of shocking acts which you got a bit desensitized too as the story went on. I think a bit of sanitisation would benefit the film (if that is the case; not seen it yet).

Caught a couple of good films recommended by posters on here. Warrior & Starter for 10; both thoroughly enjoyable. Dom Dom et al might provide a decent source of information. There are a lot of idiots on thus site but this thread is worth reading. Slainte

Thought the film was crap, mcavoy was good however the story even to someone who hadn't read the book was predictable and the lack of any real insight into the police was really off putting for me in terms of so much of it was completely inaccurate (by that I don't mean the 'taboo' stuff) no way would any of promotions have actually happened etc so it makes it hard to relate to the character?

^^^Filth

Blue Jasmine was surprisingly very, very good. Kate Blanchett was great. The ending was a little weak but I'd recommend going to see it. 8/10.

Went to see Filth again afterwards. It's just so good.

I seen Precious was on BBC 2 tonight, what is everyones thoughts on it?

I thought it was excellent when I watched it last year. Gabourey Sidibe's performance was incredible. I've recorded it but to be honest, I'm not really sure if I want to watch it again.