What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Filth looks like a vile piece of trash no matter how much the comparisons to Shakespearean protagonists and Bruce Robertson are made. Drug taking, imbibing alcohol and perversity - all horrific and amoral.

Check the Danish film "In A Better World" 9/10

I'd rather be a degenerate copper than a binman tbh.

I'm amazed that punters and critics alike love Filth so much. Some good performances and some decent elements but a lot of weak parts as well. I couldn't help but feel it's trying too hard to push the same buttons as Trainspotting. I've not read the book so can't compare it, but people I know echoed the above comment that it was lacking the tape worm.

5/10 or maybe 6/10

Finally got round to seeing Django Unchained.Absolutely amazing.Not 1 actor was out of place-Foxx,Waltz,DiCaprio,Johnson all superb.The smaller parts were good too.Even Tarantinos small part was good.The stupid accent just seemed to add to the film.The shootouts were

done in the old fashioned way with exploding blood packs-no CGI here which,for me,made it even better.Funny in bits too-the gang and their white hoods was funny as fek.Top 3 Tarantino for me. 9/10

Edited for bad Tarantino spelling

Edited by fifergaz

Finally got round to seeing Django Unchained.Absolutely amazing.Not 1 actor was out of place-Foxx,Waltz,DiCaprio,Johnson all superb.The smaller parts were good too.Even Tarantinos small part was good.The stupid accent just seemed to add to the film.The shootouts were

done in the old fashioned way with exploding blood packs-no CGI here which,for me,made it even better.Funny in bits too-the gang and their white hoods was funny as fek.Top 3 Tarantino for me. 9/10

Edited for bad Tarantino spelling

No mention for Samuel Jackson, I thought he was also superb.

Who did the Johnson guy play?

No mention for Samuel Jackson, I thought he was also superb.

Who did the Johnson guy play?

Big Daddy or whatever his name was, he was the ring leader for the hood scene along with Jonah Hill

Bad Boy Bubby 8/10

Amazing film. Totally bonkers. He grows up in some sort of bunker being told by his morher that you cannot breathe outside. Worth a watch

Is that not the same plot as Bubble Boy?

Just watched Filth. For me, the best film I've seen this year. I've never really rated James McAvoy and always thought he was a rather bland/'safe' actor, but this was the ultimate test of his abilities and he passed with flying colours. The first half was very funny and the latter stages took a more tragic tone without feeling forced. I would have preferred a bit of comedy to be maintained as the film went on, but that's only a minor (and personal) nitpick and I can't really think of anything I really disliked about it. 8/10

On that...

Not sure if this is spoiling anything, but you should always be cautious. The descent of Robertson was so fierce that comedy when it was going on would not have been at all fitting. This guy was a c**t before, but what he was becoming was much worse and there was nothing funny to be found. They needed to bring that intensity through and killing the mood wouldn't have achieved much, other than some cheap laughs and a totally different final act.