What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I saw Transformers 4 at the IMAX yesterday. I was going in thinking it was going to be one of the worst things I would ever lay my eyes upon. To be honest, it wasn't the worst film of all time, but will probably never watch it again. There were a few moments where I actually laughed out loud because the dialogue was so bad. It definitely lasted far too long.

3/10

I saw Transformers 4 at the IMAX yesterday. I was going in thinking it was going to be one of the worst things I would ever lay my eyes upon. To be honest, it wasn't the worst film of all time, but will probably never watch it again. There were a few moments where I actually laughed out loud because the dialogue was so bad. It definitely lasted far too long.

3/10

Agree with this - it went on for too long and there was just too much going on for such a movie.

Probably better than the 3rd one, mind.

Extract 6/10

Joel, the owner of an extract plant, tries to contend with myriad personal and professional problems, such as his potentially unfaithful wife and employees who want to take advantage of him. It's alright. Reminds me of Office Space a bit.

Transformers: Age of Extinction 7/10

I was led to believe that this was going to be horrible and the last instalment of Transformers was indeed awful. I went to that with my missus and felt guilty for taking her, it was that bad. But when I saw there were dinobots, I was like "If the 6-year old me found out there was live action Transformers film staring the dinobots, in 3D on a massive screen, and I didn't go, he'd kill himself before I got to feel a pair of breasts."

Still I had low expectations, but it started off with a load of CGI dinosaurs, and my inner child went freaking nuts. The goofy humour was less goofy, the plot less forced, and the action scenes bigger and more ridiculous than ever. 25 minutes to get going, and then it's all massive robots and explosions. There was a bit when Optimus Prime rides in to Shanghai city on giant robotic T-Rex that I realised Michael Bay may not be an artist, but he is a craftsman. My inner child loved it, and I was at peace. I went home and had a w**k to celebrate the fact no freaky Back To The Future shit will stop me feeling breasts, but it may have been my inner child doing the wanking, which makes me a peado.

Better than Godzilla.

The Armstrong Lie 8/10

Should have been LIES plural, amirite! c**t couldn't stop telling lies, looking right into your face and lying, going on the news and lying, lying in court, lying in grand juries, lying to lawyers and UCI officials and the wives of teammates and Oprah Winfrey and the maker of this documentary, the guy just absolutely loves to lie and then shrugs it off and says "everyone else was cheating too, I just cheated the same amount so I'm technically still the best", absolutely deluded oaf of a man. Really good, pretty in-depth, fascinating even.

The Golden Dream 7/10

Film about some kids from Guatemala who illegally emigrate to the US and encounter bad shit on the way. You can imagine it and it offered nothing in the way of surprises but it was nicely acted with some stunning cinematography.

Guesthouse Paradiso 10/10

I liked it when everyone in the hotel was vomiting gallons and gallons of green gloopy sick in rivers down the corridor sending Vincent Cassel (Vincent Cassel!!! LOL) crashing through a window and down into the ocean below.

Better than Godzilla.

The Stairs 10/10

Fucking amazing, really weird look into the family of man charged with the killing of his own wife. So many twists and turns, almost like "The Imposter". Some fascinating scenes, especially when they are testing an expert witness against a focus group.

I was convinced he was going to be let off by the end, was genuinely shocked and upset when he was convicted. Shocking stuff, I reckon he was innocent.

Better than Godzilla.

Edited by Christophe

The Grand Budapest Hotel

For some reason I couldn't get into Moonrise Kingdom but this is Wes Anderson's best film. I found myself grinning like a lunatic from beginning to end. Ralph Fiennes is fantastic as concierge Gustave H in another of Anderson's brilliantly realised worlds. 9/10

The Conspiracy ( 2013 )

A found footage style movie as a documentary team talk to a conspiracy theorist, and when he goes missing, they start to try and pull on threads. It's a great example of the genre. The plot itself can get a bit up it's arse, but it remains properly captivating throughout. The characters are all guys who you can get behind in one way or another, and the leads do a magnificent job here, which is a problem with some of the smaller found footage style movies out there. The key to this though is the pacing, and the way the movie just draws you into it.

9/10

Hotel Transylvania

Animated comedy film for the kids with the voices of Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Selena Gomez. Not nearly as good as Finding Nemo, the Toy Story's or Tangled but still a pretty enjoyable watch. Kids seemed to enjoy it too.

7/10

I've not seen it yet, but the idea of transformers and dinosaurs in the same film makes we want to be 10 all over again.

Yes I thought the same but well I'll not spoil it for you, watch it and make your own mind up

It's awful, fucking awful.

Noah

Watched this last night, some hideous acting from her out of Harry Potter. Ray Winstone playing a cockney Middle Eastern, and Noah doesn't seem to mind that two of his kids are English and one American.

Everyone knows the basic story behind Noah, however, this seems to have Rock Monsters and Anthony Hopkins playing an eccentric Methusala will have the god botherers shaking in their pughs.

Not to put too fine a point on it, it's shite.

2/10 ( 2 points for finishing)