What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Carrie 5/10

A re imagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

Recently added to Netflix. Thought I'd give it a go. I'm not keen on remakes, but this is pretty decent. Julianne Moore and Chloë Grace Moretz are Mother and Daughter.

First Blood.

Haven't seen this since I was a teenager. Either I misremembered it or I'm thinking of a different film, but i remember it being pretty crap but watching it last night I thought it was brilliant.

8/10

First Blood.

Haven't seen this since I was a teenager. Either I misremembered it or I'm thinking of a different film, but i remember it being pretty crap but watching it last night I thought it was brilliant.

8/10

First Blood was great rest of the Rambo series not so much.

Troll Hunter - a Norwegian film with subtitles where the Norwegian government hire a guy to kill trolls and they plant dead bears/make up tornados etc to hide the trolls and the destruction the trolls have caused from the public

Naturally a team of students are filming the whole thing. It's quite interesting though the graphics ain't the best. When one of the students dies there is no sympathy at all from the other two students which was weird and the film doesn't get a conclusion with the students running away from the government who are trying to get the footage of the trolls off them.

7/10 worth a watch

Troll Hunter - a Norwegian film with subtitles where the Norwegian government hire a guy to kill trolls and they plant dead bears/make up tornados etc to hide the trolls and the destruction the trolls have caused from the public

Naturally a team of students are filming the whole thing. It's quite interesting though the graphics ain't the best. When one of the students dies there is no sympathy at all from the other two students which was weird and the film doesn't get a conclusion with the students running away from the government who are trying to get the footage of the trolls off them.

7/10 worth a watch

Jesus, spoilers.

Loved that film - there's a nice vein of humour running through it. I thought the CG was pretty decent too. Apparently there's a lot of humour that non-Norwegians wouldn't get. I think Guillermo Del Toro is supposed to be doing an American remake, which I'd guess would be about as pants as the US Wicker Man.

The Scorsese version is better I'd say.

The Bob De Niro and Juliette Lewis thing made me quite queasy, so Scorsese must have been doing something right.

The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared

OK...I've not actually seen the film which is just out but I'm halfway through the book (can't find a book thread anywhere here) which is really good so will be interesting to see if the film lives up to it.

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Absolutely horrendous film. It just makes no sense as a film there 's so many pointless scenes and lots of OTT explosions so essentially a typical Michael Bay film. There's a lot of tragic comic relief in it which doesn't work and is the epitome of trying too hard. I wonder how much Beats paid for that blatant product placement spot as well!

Would not recommend to anyone.

2/10

Mrs Brown D'Movie. 4/10

I only went to see this so that I could judge if it was as bad as I thought it would be, and with a Cineworld card I wasn't shelling out anything. Only time was wasted.

A real mess of a film. No idea how it got to the gig screen, when the plot, such as there is one, fails on so many levels.

There's a few laughs in there, but if you really must see it, wait for 2 for 1 Wednesdays of something.

Why the feck would blind ninjas need torches?

Edited by jester

Non-stop

Didn't disappoint. I'm used to Neeson's mixed accent now so it doesn't bother me anymore. The film itself was really enjoyable. It's a good "whodunnit" and I can honestly say I never clicked who did it. Although there was more going on to keep me engaged rather than just trying to figure out who did it.

Definitely worth a watch and the rental price :P I wouldn't say it's better than Taken but it's certainly close to it.

7.5/10

Non-stop

Didn't disappoint. I'm used to Neeson's mixed accent now so it doesn't bother me anymore. The film itself was really enjoyable. It's a good "whodunnit" and I can honestly say I never clicked who did it. Although there was more going on to keep me engaged rather than just trying to figure out who did it.

Definitely worth a watch and the rental price :P I wouldn't say it's better than Taken but it's certainly close to it.

7.5/10

I was expecting some recycled Taken shite tbh but I was surprised because it was actually a good watch.

I didn't figure out who it was either.

Solid 7/10

Edited by The Grass Is Greener

Walking On Sunshine

Not gonna lie, I have a guilty pleasure for musicals. The storyline is very predictable but it's a good feel good film and kept me entertained. Hannah Arterton's outfit in the Hen Party scene is outstanding. Definitely wid. And I think I'm in love with Leona Lewis now. What a woman!

Not a great but worth a watch.

8/10

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Absolutely horrendous film. It just makes no sense as a film there 's so many pointless scenes and lots of OTT explosions so essentially a typical Michael Bay film. There's a lot of tragic comic relief in it which doesn't work and is the epitome of trying too hard. I wonder how much Beats paid for that blatant product placement spot as well!

Would not recommend to anyone.

2/10

Beats, Bud Light, Victoria's Secrets....

Transformers 4

Not as bad as people are making out, but them again similar with Pacific Rim I went in expecting minimum storyline with lots of fighting, exploding

That's exactly what I got.

Stanley Tucci was by far the best performer in the film.