What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Julianne Moore was absolutely sensational in that. Blew Piper Laurie's portrayal of that character right out of the water.

Julianne :wub:

Paranormal Activity 5

6 out of 10

I don't know why I keep watching rubbish horror films as they seem to disappoint more often than not, but there is something about this series that keeps me coming back for more.

There were some fun scenes in previous films and they were a good laugh, but this seems a little tired and the established trick aiming for scares and tension have something of a limited effect.

There is a nod to previous films which is good fun, but the laughs fall a little flat, even if the 'crash-bang-scares' are still there.

The found footage formula has become seriously staid a long time ago.

Next film to be sent in the post: Philomena

Went to see 22 Jump Street tonight. Loved it. I was a bit worried it was going to be another shitty sequel like Hangover 2 or something, but no, it was excellent. Every bit as good as the first one.

I'm worried I've seen all the funny bits in the trailers

Just saw A Million Ways To Die In The West today. I read a few reviews slating it online but I have to say, it was extremely funny. Exactly what I was expecting from MacFarlane, and I wasn't disappointed. I don't think anyone who follows MacFarlane's work was expecting a masterclass in acting from him, but he did just fine. There were enough good actors in it to help Seth along.

8/10.

Edited by parfecto

Paranormal Activity 5

6 out of 10

You mean this one, right?

There's an actual PE5 out at Halloween, apparently. This one is, I guess, PE 1.5, for reasons that will be obvious to those that have seen it.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - 1/10

Awful, just awful. I'm a fan of Seth MacFarlane's work in general but this was absolutely terrible. It did look shite from the trailers tbf so I didn't feel particularly disappointed, only went to see it to kill a couple of hours on a rainy day. The only funny part was

Jamie Foxx's cameo at the end.

Edited by Meathead

Company Of Heroes 4/10

Absolute rubbish, one of my favorite actors in Tom Sizemore, ridiculous in all the wrong equipment and what looked like ginger hair hamming it through a behind the lines raid on a German super weapon factory with crazed RAF Airman Vinnie Jones at his side. Not even the tanks were proper Panzers

Downfall

9 out of 10

If I was being honest, the last thing I wanted to do when getting in from work last night was to sit down and watch a foreign language historical epic dealing with supremely difficult subject matter.

But, it is bloody brilliant. Tense, gripping, and genuinely had us sitting on the edge of our seats right through to the end.

It doesn't end well for the dude with the 'tache

Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10

Went to see this earlier today, better than I expected it to be. It looked like a generic cruise film with some Groundhog Day thrown in. Don't get me wrong in some ways it is in fact that, but it's very well done. Quite amusing at times too, if you have a unlimited card and a few hours to kill I'd definitely give it a shot.

Speaking of, I ordered myself a unlimited card today. I've seen 5 films in 4 weeks and my works pretty close to Cineworld in the town, so on a half shift I could see myself dropping in to see something.

Downfall

9 out of 10

If I was being honest, the last thing I wanted to do when getting in from work last night was to sit down and watch a foreign language historical epic dealing with supremely difficult subject matter.

But, it is bloody brilliant. Tense, gripping, and genuinely had us sitting on the edge of our seats right through to the end.

It doesn't end well for the dude with the 'tache

You'd almost feel sorry for the poor wee monster, if you didn't know what he'd been responsible for. That's an impressive feat.

Also: FEGELEIN!!! Pram tipped, toys everywhere :lol:

I actually don't think I've seen a trailer for it so I can't really be sure. It's got plenty of laughs right the way through so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm your best nigh.... I'm your worst nightmare.