What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

13 Sins

Remake of 13 Beloved, an Asian movie. That particular movie is great. This one... for a remake, it's not shabby. For the first half of the movie, it keeps the absurd sense of humour of the original movie, but it doesn't manage to hold much interest when it gets serious. Plus, it doesn't have the magnificent ending that the original had either. It's not a bad movie by any stretch, but if you're a fan of the Asian movie, you're not going to gain much from it.

6/10

Return of the Jedi 6/10

Little Lucas returns to the family home to batter his dad after kicking a fat merchant to death for owning dangerous animals.

Ashes of CHIKARA 5/10

Terribly acted but entertaining no-budget drama about a guy trying to reform his old wrestling company after it (kayfabe) bit the dust.

Yeah from what's been said about A Million Ways to Die. I'd be agreeing it's very much like Family Guy. I loved it, very much my kind of humour and whilst MacFarlane is not a great actor, he does comedy really well and was ably assisted by at Theron, who has proven to be a great actress no matter what genre.

As for the cameos. :lol:

Whilst the Doc Brown one was fantastic, the one that have me the most laughs was easily Jamie Foxx at the end. That was brilliant. Ohh and Patrick Stewart as a hallucinating dream talker had a certain elegance to it as well.

13 Sins

Remake of 13 Beloved, an Asian movie. That particular movie is great. This one... for a remake, it's not shabby. For the first half of the movie, it keeps the absurd sense of humour of the original movie, but it doesn't manage to hold much interest when it gets serious. Plus, it doesn't have the magnificent ending that the original had either. It's not a bad movie by any stretch, but if you're a fan of the Asian movie, you're not going to gain much from it.

6/10

Didn't realise that had been remade; I remember it being good. Need to look up the ending now, brain didn't keep that part.

I thought A Million Ways was hilarious, but then I like Family Guy/American Dad. I saw it this morning, and the cinema maybe had 10 other people in it, and they were all old. If it was a packed cinema I think people would have found it funnier just because other people would be laughing. I'd probably give it an 8/10.

Bad Neighbors was brilliant too, I thought. People said the above film had great cameos, but this had pretty much everyone I've ever loved in it. 8/10 too.

Bad Neighbors was one I went to see because there was nothing else on and I just wanted to watch a movie. Turned out to be a good decision. Always been a fan of Dave Franco, but the whole cast was class. Seth Rogan gets accused of doing the same thing all of the time, but he's good at it, so why the f**k not? The De Niro party and the airbags were probably my highlights.

The De Niro part is absolute genius.

About A Million Ways:

See when MacFarlane's talking to the Indian American tribe, did anyone catch anything he said? 'Mila Kunis' meant 'fine' and I'm sure there were others

Maleficent - 7/10

Pretty much the only reason to go see it though is for Jolie's outstanding performance, she couldn't have been more perfectly cast in the role. Everyone else however is fairly lackluster and the film would have greatly suffered without such a great lead. Good enough plot to keep you interested and some fantastic visuals too. Overall a good film.

Largely agree with this and the rating, although I think that's a bit harsh on Elle Fanning. I thought the chemistry between Jolie and her worked really well. Jolie really is outstanding in this though - one of her better performances.

Edited by Kyle

The De Niro part is absolute genius.

About A Million Ways:

See when MacFarlane's talking to the Indian American tribe, did anyone catch anything he said? 'Mila Kunis' meant 'fine' and I'm sure there were others

I did. Either no one else in the (sold out) screening didn't notice or didn't find it funny, because I was the only one laughing.

I did. Either no one else in the (sold out) screening didn't notice or didn't find it funny, because I was the only one laughing.

Yeah it was the same in my showing. Me and my mate were in stitches are several things, but the rest didn't.

I was obviously the only HIMYM fan as well, considering I was the only one laughing at Neil Patrick Harris's "challenge accepted".

Cabin In The Woods 7.5/10

Really rather fine horror-comedy-meta-satire-everything-in-the-basket fare that barely lets up over its 96 minutes. Shows its hand pretty early but very effective in delivering the thrills, and as you'd expect from a Joss Whedon co-write there's lively humour and great characters all the way. Feels older than it is due to the helluva lot of referencing going on in there. Looking forward to watching this a few times.