Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I don't have time to go through it and listen but I believe this is the interview where he says it. He was in developmental, Heyman brought him to ECW and he was allowed to keep his name because they didn't think he'd amount to much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Djx7vUwl1E

djchapsticks was talking about the time CM Punk was going to walk though. The reason he kept his name was because he was a star, and was negotiating from a position of power. Not because he wouldn't amount to anything.

Yep. Nothing to do with when he came in. Around the time of the Summer of Punk shoot, one of the major factors that Punk threatened to walk out over was the WWE attempting to retain rights to the CM Punk name, forcing him to work under a different name if released.

This, and not the lack of opportunities for himself and other talent, was Punk's main reason for playing hardball. He simply wasn't willing to sign away the rights to his ring name.

I don't know what happened with it in the end. I read somewhere he kept it. I also read he signed the rights over for a hefty fucking wedge.

Bryan is so fucking hot right now, I've no idea what's suddenly got him but god damn. They need to capitalise on that right now, shame they can't really give him a title yet with Ziggler not really having held it long enough to make him a star and Cena won't drop it any time soon either.

He's been on the rise and rise for the last 18 months to be fair. Hell No slipped into a bit of a lull for a while, admittedly but he's got something about him that the fans just eat up and have been doing since the 'Yes!' thing started.

Charisma in spades. Absolute spades. And one of the top wrestlers on the planet.

Something seems a bit weird about the CM Punk/Jericho match

Still seems dodgy - think its far more likely for Heyman's new client Curtis Axel to end up going up against Jericho. A Punk - Jericho fued would be a waste of both wrestlers.

Or maybe lesner vs jericho somehow leading the the rumoured punk lesner fued at summerslam

Daniel Bryan is superb

Or maybe lesner vs jericho somehow leading the the rumoured punk lesner fued at summerslam

I'd be surprised if they had Punk and Lesnar feuding, they're probably the two most high-profile heels in WWE right now and I don't think it's a great idea to have either of them turn face. They should definitely do an angle involving Punk and Lesnar at some point but I reckon they'd probably have them in some sort of Paul Heyman alliance rather than have them feuding, though I obviously could be way off the mark here.

Not fussed about the possibility of RVD returning in the slightest, as his ring work in TNA was disappointing to say the least. Even though he was very laid back when he was popular, at least he put on some decent matches. He just doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

I can't see Punk facing Jericho, the match makes no sense at all. It's been about Jericho and Heyman and since the only Heyman guy around right now is Axel, it's likely to be him taking on Y2J. Plus Jericho is the fall guy for promoting new talent.

Daniel Bryan has been terrific to watch lately yet i am worried that McMahon will think that he's becoming too popular (can't have someone outshining Cena now can we?) and will end up getting turned heel, which will ruin his momentum. I don't want to see a Bryan v Kane feud, the whole point of their tag team was the coming together of two unlikely allies. Hell No should end amicably, with Bryan going for the WHC title.

Also has anyone else been impressed by Ryback lately? He's improving in the ring and even though he's being fed (pardon the pun) lines underneath his hat, he's shown a lot more character as a heel. Plus his ambulance entrance is bad-ass.

He's been on the rise and rise for the last 18 months to be fair. Hell No slipped into a bit of a lull for a while, admittedly but he's got something about him that the fans just eat up and have been doing since the 'Yes!' thing started.

Charisma in spades. Absolute spades. And one of the top wrestlers on the planet.

Yeah he's been getting steadily better but in the past like two months or so, he's really stepped it up. Maybe he's realised that with Hell No splitting up then he'll have a chance to step up so he's gonna start putting in 5 star performances on Raw but he's been phenomenal just recently, stepped it up 24/7.

Not fussed about the possibility of RVD returning in the slightest, as his ring work in TNA was disappointing to say the least. Even though he was very laid back when he was popular, at least he put on some decent matches. He just doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

Also has anyone else been impressed by Ryback lately? He's improving in the ring and even though he's being fed (pardon the pun) lines underneath his hat, he's shown a lot more character as a heel. Plus his ambulance entrance is bad-ass.

Yeah, I don't care for him either. He was utterly terrible near the end. If he's coming back to WWE then someone will need to tell him that he can't be doing the same moves that he's been doing for the past 20 years. Those monkey flips are so close every time.

I like him. I don't mind him being fed lines, if it helps him cut decent promos then by all means.

Does anyone think for one second that Vince would allow RVD to put in the sort of performances he put in towards the end of his time at TNA? He'll get a swift boot to the balls if he tries that and will have his career systematically torn apart.

Wait, this is 2013, not 2000, he'll probably be made WHC.

I've noticed that HHH has been called by his real name 'Pau'l a couple of times recently during promos, Stephanie being the latest this week on Raw. They also displayed his real name on the door of his office at WWE headquarters during the promo when Lesner smashed it up, but he still gets called 'Hunter' most of the time on set. Not a big deal but still a bit daft.

Might be preparing for the transition to a full on authority figure that drops his ring name

That was something I was thinking. It might sound a bit daft considering they're less than bit-part players on screen these days, but the behaviour of Vince & Stephanie, belittling the fans etc, was quite heel-ish and I was wondering if Hunter was maybe going to follow down the same road of a power hungry executive. Feared a bit when the Shield came down that they were going to attack Vince and turn face.

Can't disagree with anything said about Daniel Bryan. The crowds are going wild for him at the moment and every match he's been involved in has been worth a watch. Monday's six man tag wasn't the best from the Shield but the ending to the matches is always good. I'm hoping that Bryan's current attitude isn't leading to a heel turn either and not another feud with Kane as that's how Hell No started.

Interesting what people are saying about Punk-Jericho, I just assumed they'd use this as a way to put Punk over before a big feud with someone else. My initial thought was that I was quite happy to have two quality performers in the ring at the same time but we did see this feud not so long ago. I don't think Brock Lesnar will get involved anytime soon as I think they'll be saving him up for a build-up to Summerslam (if anything) but Curtis Axel may be wedged into the picture to give him a win over a quality performer.

I get the impression that this is to keep Punks name fresh on people's minds before he returns unannounced to make a statement at a later date. Cole and King will hammer home the "Punk is scared" or "Punk is a bottler" line for a while which will make his return even more 'shocking'.

Axel will probably continue to have fortuitous wins then get his first clean victory over Jericho.

Punk shouldn't be rushed back. After losing the title he went kind of stale. His feud with Taker was decent but obviously very short term. He became too much of a generic heel during his title run. He did have some immense promos against the Rock, and indeed cut the best promo in wrestling this year (the whole 'And make no mistake, I am a bad guy' one) but he dropped right out of things after losing the title.

He's managed to come back better plenty of times though. He's hopefully still got a lot more to offer. I'd like to see him given more freedome over his promos and character in general instead of being a generic heel who always gets cheap wins and calls the fans idiots. He's much better than that.

I've noticed that HHH has been called by his real name 'Pau'l a couple of times recently during promos, Stephanie being the latest this week on Raw. They also displayed his real name on the door of his office at WWE headquarters during the promo when Lesner smashed it up, but he still gets called 'Hunter' most of the time on set. Not a big deal but still a bit daft.

It's not a biggie. Taker used to be called 'Mark' a lot in the short spell when his ex-wife Sara was on TV. Just off the top of my head. I'm sure it's happened a few other times too.

Other more obvious times were the transition of Mankind into Mick Foley and The Rock into Dwayne Johnson.

That was what made the pipe bomb Punk so fresh and interesting.

You never knew what he was going to say next. Calling each other by their real names was a nice touch. But Punk's character just evolved into the stereotypical "I'm better than all of you" type heel. Shout crappy insults at the crowd. The pipe bombs have taken a back seat. Without Heyman that punk character would have been buried.

It's a good thing they didn't rush Ziggler back though, as concussions are serious shit. Best to wait until the guy is fully fit.

Although as noted, the WHC scene badly needs him.