Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The Black and White pound has seriously deprived the people of Kirkoody. They got a snifter back in January, but it's not enough. The natives are restless. 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Or drawing the rovers and getting papped out again, only this time earlier.

Can you confirm if you plan to burn your pitch the next time we roll into town and roll over for you

The Black and White pound has seriously deprived the people of Kirkoody. They got a snifter back in January, but it's not enough. The natives are restless. 
But they wiped out the gates by burning their own pitch.

A few unrelated thoughts on my lunch break today:

• When do we usually announce who's getting new deals and who's offski?
  • Is Robbie Muirhead one of our worst signings ever?
  • If Crawford gets the summer to change the squad and then gets punted after a poor start to the campaign, I'll be seething. I don't think he's the man but if they're backing him than back him until Christmas at the *very* least. Preferably, bring in someone else in the next month, though.
  • How dull will our fixtures look next season if Falkirk go down and Rovers don't win the play-offs? Arbroath away is the only game that stands out to me.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

• If Crawford gets the summer to change the squad and then gets punted after a poor start to the campaign, I'll be seething. I don't think he's the man but if they're backing him than back him until Christmas at the *very* least. Preferably, bring in someone else in the next month, though.
  • How dull will our fixtures look next season if Falkirk go down and Rovers don't win the play-offs? Arbroath away is the only game that stands out to me.

- Last year they started announcing things on the 14th of May

- Yes

- Meh. Arbroath away will be quality.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

• When do we usually announce who's getting new deals and who's offski? - soon
  • Is Robbie Muirhead one of our worst signings ever? - Yes a total fraud
  • If Crawford gets the summer to change the squad and then gets punted after a poor start to the campaign, I'll be seething. I don't think he's the man but if they're backing him than back him until Christmas at the *very* least. Preferably, bring in someone else in the next month, though. - Crawford will almost certainly be here next season 99.9% sure of that. I about creamed my self when he was talking about how he wants players to be proud to play for us. But I'm willing to give him and Sheilds the summer to get us back on our feet
  • How dull will our fixtures look next season if Falkirk go down and Rovers don't win the play-offs? Arbroath away is the only game that stands out to me. Yes looks like a very dull season especially as Dundee will be charging between £22-£28 to get in f**k that

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm guessing it would have been earlier had we not been involved in the play-offs though.

Aye probably. I'm hoping to hear on Monday but that might be optimistic, especially given the uncertainty over the managerial situation.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye probably. I'm hoping to hear on Monday but that might be optimistic, especially given the uncertainty over the managerial situation.

I don't think there is any uncertainty tbh. Will probably hear during the week after the last game. I would expect almost all of those out if contract to be let go.

Would imagine contract talks will have begun this week and we’ll hopefully get some news next week.

Muirhead certainly one of the most disappointing signings. People expected a lot and have had been a huge anti-climax. But not one of the worst ever signings. It’s not too long ago Potter signed Jim Paterson and Paul George. Jefferies signed awful players like Sorel Chemin, Michal Hrivnak and Ivan D’Angelo. McIntyre signed Jack Ross, who retired before playing a game! Going further back we have guys like Jesper Christiansen, Georgi Hristov and many more. However, Jamie Mole is the worst ‘player’ I have ever seen in a Pars shirt.

Crawford won’t get punted.

If we aren’t challenging for promotion, next season will be incredibly dull if there’s no Raith or Falkirk. Can’t wait for our festive derby against.... maybe Alloa? Possibly Dundee, if Forfar come up in the playoffs.

I'd rather have Muirhead than Gavin Reilly. 

Paul Burns is one of the most out his depth signings I've seen, never a premier league player. 

At least with Muirhead you don't have to watch him play. 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd rather have Muirhead than Gavin Reilly. 

Paul Burns is one of the most out his depth signings I've seen, never a premier league player. 

At least with Muirhead you don't have to watch him play. 

At least Paul Burns scored a winner for us in the top flight. Muirhead is a striker that hasn't even scored one goal.

Even Reilly had that equaliser at Easter Road.

Have to say that even with the poor players we really should have beaten Falkirk and others quite easily. I don’t think he’s the man for the job at all.

With a good side it will mask a lot of problems like it did with AJ but ultimately tactically we will get found out. I wouldn’t be hugely disappointed if he got until Christmas but there needs to be a major style change and something fans can get behind and enjoy.

Hes done worse than AJ and that’s a fact, this is despite having extra coaches and supposed ‘great new ideas’ according to the chairman.

If it goes badly next season quite a few people will just stop going, it’s been awful.

38 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

At least Paul Burns scored a winner for us in the top flight. Muirhead is a striker that hasn't even scored one goal.

Even Reilly had that equaliser at Easter Road.

Signings worst to best

Muirhead

Faissal - because of expectations

Connolly

Durnam

Hippolyte

Vincent

L Longridge

Devine

=======

Ryan Blair

Keana

Anderson

J Longridge

Scully

Joe Thomson

==== cut off for players I would probably like to resign or keep

Devine and Hippo both signed up next season unfortunately

Who are Durnam and Keana?

Anyway, now that's out of the way, your rating of Devine is crazy. He should be right up there behind El Bak.

Not seeing much to suggest Blair would be a good addition.

Durnan has been even worse at times. Remember Raith rovers? 

Devine is shit but better than Durnan. Longridge flatters to deceive tidy on the ball but no end product. Connolly has been awful. They’re all shit.