Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's my point about it. The statement when he was 'brought on board' was so wooly and ambiguous it can really be interpreted any way you want.

I said it at the time and I'm saying it again, his role needs to be clearly defined.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be happy with Williamson at Dens. Surprised you've let him go.

Please go for him, when we get Cardle back in he will shred him, cant defend, pacy going forward but often has poor/ no delivery

Is McNamara not just an agent now? If he was, is that a conflict of interest? Was obviously a few years ago now but probably had more hits than misses with us, and obviously gets credit for taking Andy Robertson from QP as well. From the outside it seems a bit of a strange set up.

Think Cardle more likely to return to you guys than us from the way I read his tweet. Although he did also  say he enjoyed every minute of it, which can't be true as he tore his hamstring in one game.

Dale Hilson might be worth a punt particularly if Forfar don't come through the playoffs, seen him a few times this season and don't think he fulfilled his full potential at Queens.

Would love an Chapter 3 in the Cardle love story but instagram might suggest he's retiring this close season.
Always,out injured non starter

He and his company are to provide 'ongoing technical support' to the board.
There was never anything said about him bringing players in.

Right, so unless the club tell you something directly through an official statement you won’t believe it can happen?

Jackie McNamara is not doing the gig out of the kindness of his heart so it must be financially rewarding. Seeing as there’s been a trend of agents involved with football clubs to help with recruitment it’s not a stretch to suggest that’s what’s happening here.

The statement was ambiguous on purpose and that’s always concerning to me.

We must get the signings spot on and early. Hopefully suiting a more attacking footballing setup. 

Really hope United go up as if they stay down we will struggle to get in the playoffs. United then Dundee favourites reckon Partick will bounce back and ICT, Morton, QOTS could be dangerous. Hopefully Ayr will start to struggle and along with Arbroath it would give us a safety net. Alloa could implode if Goodwin leaves.

Anyone got a spare few million?

We must get the signings spot on and early. Hopefully suiting a more attacking footballing setup. 
Really hope United go up as if they stay down we will struggle to get in the playoffs. United then Dundee favourites reckon Partick will bounce back and ICT, Morton, QOTS could be dangerous. Hopefully Ayr will start to struggle and along with Arbroath it would give us a safety net. Alloa could implode if Goodwin leaves.
I would agree get them in early as possible so we don't have a massive gelling period in the season. I would expect St Mirren or Hamilton to see off United which will mean we get to see just how deep their owners pockets are. I agree that with their parachute payment Dundee and Patrick ought to be at the top end of the league, meaning once again we will be fighting it out with Inverness and Ayr for the final play off place. Morton look close to bankruptcy looking at their club statement so I wouldn't expect them or Queens to challenge next season. As for Arbroath and Alloa, I would imagine everyone will have them to finish bottom 2 but it's rarely that simple. I think Tidser would be a good player to bring in

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Right, so unless the club tell you something directly through an official statement you won’t believe it can happen?

Jackie McNamara is not doing the gig out of the kindness of his heart so it must be financially rewarding. Seeing as there’s been a trend of agents involved with football clubs to help with recruitment it’s not a stretch to suggest that’s what’s happening here.

The statement was ambiguous on purpose and that’s always concerning to me.

No, I just won't immediately jump to the worst conclusion.

Presumably he, and his company, are being paid for their consultancy to the board. 

Is he even still an agent anyway, or is that being assumed as well because it fits in to the worst case scenario?

United and Dundee would be favourites if they are both in this league, I agree with that but Inverness seem to keep cutting their budget and while they made the play offs this year they will be in a similar place to us next season I reckon. Morton look to have no money, their management team resigned because playing a player would have triggered a contract extension and are in the midst of all sorts of boardroom goings on. Queen of the South might go down in the play offs but if they stay up they seem to have no money either and Dobbie will be another year older (although still dangerous). Ayr will lose most of their better players (Shankland, probably McDaid, etc) and have been lucky in a way their great start kept them as high up the league as possible. As long as we sign a few competent players, we should be looking at the top half next season and trying to get into the play offs again.

Perfect place to ask about plans for the new season, how Jackie McNamara fits into the recruitment process (if he even does) and how Stevie and Greg will be recruiting new talent.

United and Dundee would be favourites if they are both in this league, I agree with that but Inverness seem to keep cutting their budget and while they made the play offs this year they will be in a similar place to us next season I reckon. Morton look to have no money, their management team resigned because playing a player would have triggered a contract extension and are in the midst of all sorts of boardroom goings on. Queen of the South might go down in the play offs but if they stay up they seem to have no money either and Dobbie will be another year older (although still dangerous). Ayr will lose most of their better players (Shankland, probably McDaid, etc) and have been lucky in a way their great start kept them as high up the league as possible. As long as we sign a few competent players, we should be looking at the top half next season and trying to get into the play offs again.
We will lose far better players than McDaid. Wouldn't be very fussed if he left tbh.

We are definitely losing Rose, Smith and Shankland tho. Next season may well be very difficult. Glad there will be at least 2 part time sides as I think we will struggle.

That's if we don't go up........

I'm quite excited about not being limited to signing players who once played for AJ at Queens or Killie.

Last preseason we signed a lot of mid-Championship level players yet talked about winning the league. The strikers all let us down but with Stevie's pedigree as a striker there's no excuses for him not finding and shaping a team that can get goals. Play-offs or at least in the mix for the play-offs would be a fair target. Eg 3 more points per quarter than this season just finished. I think he'll be bolder with going for younger guys too. 

He kept us up, he's not going anywhere and he has quite an open slate in terms of recruiting a squad.  

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Nesbitt released from Utd, would've been with Crawford at Mk Dons, apparently we were in for him in January. 

Done well previously with Morton at this level, would take him. 

I would have thought him a good signing, but seemingly he was absolute trash at United (lad at work is a season ticket holder at Tannadice).

Obviously the manager won't be making such decisions on what fans say or think, but I'm wary, especially given how the last summer window went.

Nesbitt released from Utd, would've been with Crawford at Mk Dons, apparently we were in for him in January. 

Done well previously with Morton at this level, would take him. 
Seems another in the mould of Connolly or Longridge.