Walking Down The Halbeath Road

49 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Still hoping Dortmund say yes, only an hour from here.

Barely an away day, not worth it. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Can you imagine. Would be incredible.

I can't see it happening. 

If it did then it would inevitably be a trip spoken about for years to come. 

Dukla Prague currently play in the second tier of Czechian football. Looks like they were in the mix for promotion. That'd be some away day if it were to happen. I wouldn't be too keen on travelling abroad for the foreseeable future right enough. 

Was looking back online at matches from the 2010-11 season as I was harking back to Pars teams that played some exceptional football. That team that season played some absolutely sensational stuff, and we were worthy champions. But, looking back, does anyone else think we made it a bit harder for ourselves to eventually cross the line? There's a good few games I can remember that we totally fluffed when we should have won comfortably. There was a game away at Dens when we were 2-0 up and conspired to draw 2-2, not to mention the Raith game at EEP that ended the exact same. That one was a lot worse as Raith were obviously our main challengers and Andy Kirk, the absolute king of our attacking threat, missed a total sitter that he finishes 99 times out of 100 to put us 3-0 up and out of sight. Chris Smith made an absolute howler for their first goal as well. A game that we totally threw away, giving Raith more hope for their title charge. The Alex Keddie horror show against Morton also sticks out: a game we should be winning handsomely at home, but he decided to gift them a couple of goals. In a rearranged fixture against a woeful Stirling team, we drew 1-1 when we dominated and should have absolutely romped to victory. 

Nevertheless, we did end up champions, and I would have to say it's the best football I've seen a Pars team play since I started going to the games in 1999. 

Edited by DAFC.

43 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That team that season played some absolutely sensational stuff, and we were worthy champions.. 

Nevertheless, we did end up champions, and I would have to say it's the best football I've seen a Pars team play since I started going to the games in 1999. 

Worthy champions, definitely, but sensational stuff? Disagree.

Also your last paragraph is a joke, yes?

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Worthy champions, definitely, but sensational stuff? Disagree.

Also your last paragraph is a joke, yes?

What team played better football, mate? We definitely had better teams, for sure, but I've never seen such liquid, sexy football like that season. 

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

What team played better football, mate? We definitely had better teams, for sure, but I've never seen such liquid, sexy football like that season. 

I'd say pretty much all the teams from 2000 until the start of season 04/05.

We ran out deserved champions in 10/11 but I don't agree that we were sensational or played 'liquid, sexy football'. There were more than a few slogs that season. 

Was looking back online at matches from the 2010-11 season as I was harking back to Pars teams that played some exceptional football. That team that season played some absolutely sensational stuff, and we were worthy champions. But, looking back, does anyone else think we made it a bit harder for ourselves to eventually cross the line? There's a good few games I can remember that we totally fluffed when we should have won comfortably. There was a game away at Dens when we were 2-0 up and conspired to draw 2-2, not to mention the Raith game at EEP that ended the exact same. That one was a lot worse as Raith were obviously our main challengers and Andy Kirk, the absolute king of our attacking threat, missed a total sitter that he finishes 99 times out of 100 to put us 3-0 up and out of sight. Chris Smith made an absolute howler for their first goal as well. A game that we totally threw away, giving Raith more hope for their title charge. The Alex Keddie horror show against Morton also sticks out: a game we should be winning handsomely at home, but he decided to gift them a couple of goals. In a rearranged fixture against a woeful Stirling team, we drew 1-1 when we dominated and should have absolutely romped to victory. 
Great time.to be a Pars fan, I get what your saying but I felt there was a sense of inevitability we'd win the league from early doors . Also got that feeling in 15/16 that we were on to a good thing that season.

Raith pushed us but what I was suggesting was we kinda made it hard on ourself a bit by fluffing our lines in games where we were either in strong positions to win or gifted the opposition the points.

Maybe the football on display 03/04 can rival that season, but before that we were very Jekyll/Hyde under Calderwood. Some games we looked like world beaters, the next week we would get pumped off absolute guff like Partick Thistle.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd say pretty much all the teams from 2000 until the start of season 04/05.

We ran out deserved champions in 10/11 but I don't agree that we were sensational or played 'liquid, sexy football'. There were more than a few slogs that season. 

No team has ever played incredible through the duration of a whole season, they'll have hard and rough points. 

When that 10/11 side got it right though it was fucking brilliant and we could play, by Scottish Championship standards play some fantastic football, we would typically line up quite attacking with Gibson and Graham on the wings at the start, Cardle more of a starter once Gibson left and you also had McDougall. Losing Bell was a massive, massive blow. My favourite season as a Pars fan. 

What a fucking day. The relief and euphoria I felt after that second goal by Graham is the most euphoric I've felt after a goal, even more so than the Hardie one the week before. I knew it was done then, could you imagine if Rovers had won the title at our expense that season? Or Falkirk? 

The season definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves. That highlights video gives back great memories. Morton fans booing fans after the goals 😂 

When we lost to wee team at New Year 2011 I certainly didn’t think we were certainties. We were also provisionally 2nd at half time on Game 34 so anyone claiming it was easy or inevitable is kidding themselves on.
I genuinely dont remember being worried about them, always expected their bubble to burst, it just took until the start of april to happen.

51 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Maybe the football on display 03/04 can rival that season, but before that we were very Jekyll/Hyde under Calderwood. Some games we looked like world beaters, the next week we would get pumped off absolute guff like Partick Thistle.

True, but we were playing better teams. 10/11 saw some similarly poor results. We only beat the Wee Team once that season. We turned in a honking performance in a loss at Palmerston. We drew with Stirling Albion. And of course there's the infamous loss to Morton at East End (our second loss to them that season).

Not saying it was a bad or even average team. It was definitely a good team that could be very enjoyable to watch, and there were games where Gibson and Cardle annihilated teams (please come back Joe!), and we've not had a midfield like Hardie since.

The signing of Kevin Rukiwitz or however you spell his name was also crucial in shoring up that defence.

We had some size of squad by the way.

I'm sure one of us has the photo of you, DA Baracus, another of our friends and I kicking about the cappielow turf the day we won the league.

Plus to add, I have no recollection of being on the pitch let alone getting to the game. I've been told a few stories of the bus journey home that make me cringe (not to mention how I even got to bed that night/morning)

1 hour ago, Chicken Wing said:

I'm sure one of us has the photo of you, DA Baracus, another of our friends and I kicking about the cappielow turf the day we won the league.

Plus to add, I have no recollection of being on the pitch let alone getting to the game. I've been told a few stories of the bus journey home that make me cringe (not to mention how I even got to bed that night/morning)

I don't recall you doing anything dodgy on the bus home.

The Lizzie kicked us out for singing Pars songs but the town made up for it (although there might have been one other place where sour old firm supporting bouncers were raging that someone else had won something, but I can't mind where it was).

Mind you had to call it an early night though because you, and another person, seemingly had hear stroke.