Walking Down The Halbeath Road

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

MacDonald really worries me going backwards.  His final ball is either fantastic or lacking dependent on how he’s feeling,  wouldn’t bother me to see him go, but not desperate to get rid

Aye one thing that could be said about our wing backs is they all have the ability to put an excellent cross in but regularly over hit them. MacDonald had a bit of a nack for finding Todorov's dome but again could be down to good movement from him

Edited by The Toun Clock

O'Hara, apart from his pace and threat in behind doesn't offer enough for me, I can't se him being offered anything. I think Todorov will be away, but I wouldn't be totally averse to keeping him as impact sub.

Hopefully Comrie stays, that he can be used in as RCB in a 3 makes him more versatile. Macdonald can dribble, is a useful squad player, but pretty limited technically, his crossing is usually dire, he just hits so many crosses once every blue moon he puts in a great one. I am not sure with him, as a backup he won't be a disaster. Mehmet has had an excellent season, he has been lucky a few times he hasn't given away a goal after fannying about with the ball, but he seems greatly improved at dealing with crosses and his shot stopping is excellent. I think he will stay.

Of the loans, KRH would be great but I imagine hard to achieve. Fisher would be excellent, think we will get that done. I think Otoo could prove useful again. Mochrie started well, but confidence and form has dipped quite a lot, so probably he has not done enough. Mahon has a decent touch, looks to play forward but otherwise I just don't think he has much, doesn't dribble much, no great pace, crossing and shooting isn't special either. McGowan hasn't particularly impressed me, doesn't have the pace to play anywhere other than a deep lying central midfielder, and doesn't really have the range of passing or defensive quality to be of much use - but McPake seems to like him so he might reappear.

Didn't realise just how young our group of four strikers actually are, McCann only 21, O'Hara 24, Wighton 25 and Todorov 26. I genuinely thought Wighton was about 28/29, feel like he's been around for ages. Still years to go before these guys are at their athletic peak. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

How's Mochrie been for you guys? I wasn't hugely impressed seeing him play on Saturday tbh. I'm not sure he'll make it at United, but you guys will maybe know better than me.

He's got a shed load of improving to do if he's going to make it at that level tbh. His ball carrying ability is very good, however his decision making and final ball aren't. Off the ball he's pretty awful, defensively you'd expect that but even going forward he doesn't make runs that occupy defenders, or pick up good pockets etc. 

He's got footballing ability, but there's lots more that needs improving. 

42 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Didn't realise just how young our group of four strikers actually are, McCann only 21, O'Hara 24, Wighton 25 and Todorov 26. I genuinely thought Wighton was about 29/29, feel like he's been around for ages. Still years to go before these guys are at their athletic peak. 

Wighton genuinely looks like the oldest 25 year old in the world.

If McCann keeps his form up next year I'd be happy to get rid of O'Hara and Tordorov and bring in someone like R. Paton.

Season not even finished yet and I feel like I'm refreshing Twitter and P&B every 15 mins or so. My heart nearly jumped out my chest yesterday when the club's Twitter re-tweeted KRH's tweet, so it looked like they were mentioning him. I feel we've a lot to come over the close season. Initially re-signings and our new kit manufacturer, new strips, new signings, fixture day. Can't wait, this time last year things were really bad, about to get worse. What a difference a year makes!

Aye, there’s a real bit of optimism at the moment.  Never say part of the plan to go backwards to go forwards, but we’ll approach this next season with momentum.  

Really interested to see what signings McPake makes, considering he’s not really put a foot wrong on the players he recruited this season.

I’d keep Todorov, he gives us a real different option and clearly buys into the team ethic.  One more striker in for OHara could be the difference between mid to lower table, and a right good push for the playoffs at the top end.  A Simon Murray esque signing could be that difference.

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Season not even finished yet and I feel like I'm refreshing Twitter and P&B every 15 mins or so. My heart nearly jumped out my chest yesterday when the club's Twitter re-tweeted KRH's tweet, so it looked like they were mentioning him. I feel we've a lot to come over the close season. Initially re-signings and our new kit manufacturer, new strips, new signings, fixture day. Can't wait, this time last year things were really bad, about to get worse. What a difference a year makes!

and it's going to be a short gap, only 48 days between Alloa and St Pauli.

Good to have a bit of a buzz about!

I know you can't read too much into social media but Todarov has been liking and sharing some amount of Pars posts recently. Might he he's just got twitter and is liking everything and a'thing but it might be an indication he'd like to stay, even if it means being a bit part player.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Graham Dorrans has signed for Johnstone Burgh FC in the West of Scotland football League (7th tier).

Good move for him. Probably won’t be too long before Kai Kennedy joins him. 

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Graham Dorrans has signed for Johnstone Burgh FC in the West of Scotland football League (7th tier).

Good grief. I noticed he was very congratulatory to McPake on his Instagram account. I'd heard there had been a disagreement following him leaving the club last season but looks to be all good.

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know you can't read too much into social media but Todarov has been liking and sharing some amount of Pars posts recently. Might he he's just got twitter and is liking everything and a'thing but it might be an indication he'd like to stay, even if it means being a bit part player.

I know what you mean about not reading too much into it. I did think it was pointing towards a new deal for O'Hara because the club ran the story on website about him not being able to play again this season, it sounded very much like he would be here next season but could just be the way I interpreted it. He also has been posting a lot on socials that looks like he's happy.

It's a weird one, McPake might stay loyal to those that got us up, give everyone a chance and bring in 1/2 quality players, that's assuming we keep most of the loanees. I personally would love to see Wighton act more like a Brewster next season, he's so good on the ball and his little touches, then bring in someone who's going to get 20 league goals and really just feeding off the quality Wighton brings. I know Wighton has himself almost got 20 anyway but I sometimes think he's at his best when bringing others in to the game.

22 hours ago, 101 said:

If McCann keeps his form up next year I'd be happy to get rid of O'Hara and Tordorov and bring in someone like R. Paton.

Paton has, by accounts signed a PCA with Ayr United.... hopefully not as I like him a lot but my source is fairly confident👀👀👀

Edited by Fallen Angel

35 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Christ, that’s embarrassing for they young boys. 

It's dissapointing I'm not sure it's embarrassing, the total of our experience in senior games will be a fraction of that Killie side. 

Not sure why O'Hara and MacDonald didn't play, as the obvious 2 but I'm sure the young guys will learn from this, the last time against Killie when it was young team Vs young team we shredded them.

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's dissapointing I'm not sure it's embarrassing, the total of our experience in senior games will be a fraction of that Killie side. 

Not sure why O'Hara and MacDonald didn't play, as the obvious 2 but I'm sure the young guys will learn from this, the last time against Killie when it was young team Vs young team we shredded them.

O Hara would still have been suspended from what I could work out.  It’s a shame for our boys but that’s the rules and it’s not a game of playing fair, but winning.  Harsh lesson but hope they all kick on.

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Obviously we’ve used the earlier rounds to give fringe/rotational players some game time. However, we used all of our outfield subs on Saturday as we couldn’t name a full bench.

There’s also no real benefit to giving guys game time at this stage. In fact, the senior players probably didn’t want to risk injury for a reserve cup game. Of those who would be involved, they’ll be wanting to make sure they end the season fit, so they can enjoy their time off and be fully fit for the start of pre-season, whether that’s here or someone else.

Todorov, O’Hara and MacDonald are out of contract. Imagine they got an injury and then couldn’t get a new club for the start of pre-season because of it. Likewise, if they are to remain here, McPake and the players would rather they weren’t spending their post-season recovering from an injury from a reserves match.

The youngsters will have wanted to play and get the experience. It will have been a sore one, but no doubt a learning curve.