Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Club need to sort the issue, what ever it is that's stopping us signing any c**t. Lack of anything different on the bench was glaring. Yes we are trying, but I try do a s#it and it doesn't always happen

Edited by Heaton

Yep, Raith brought on three well established championship players. We brought on two young lads. 

Overall I think we were the better team though, against a team who you'd think will be in the playoffs given the strength in depth they have. They only really had two chances in the game, both from defensive mistakes, and scored one. 9 times out of 10 O'Halloran scores that at the back post. 

So frustrated by the result but not the performance, and most of us would have take 4 points from the first three games being honest.

Hamilton has to start over Otoo for me though. Don't really understand that one. 

And also Ross Millen - why so angry?

A loss at home to Raith really doesn't sting that much, almost wish it hurt a bit more, can't be having just one meaningful derby. 

Great run we had, we can let our team have that one and hope for a decent result in Inverness. 

I think Summers or Tod need to start given that they are our only fit creative players. Think Summers getting some game time will see him flourish, already shown a few flashes. 

Thought the performance was dreadful today tbh. Every bit as dispiriting as Tannadice was encouraging.

Guys worked hard I suppose but struggled to connect even a few passes together and Rovers seemed a lot sharper with second balls etc.

A poor day at the office was overdue tbh - I’d really just rather it didn’t happen against Raith.

Also, the turnstile at the halfway line was a total shambles pre-match. Tickets getting almost unanimously rejected and the hapless steward didn’t have a scooby what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Alex Jakubiak was at East End today and is apparently in talks with the club.

He was in the Rovers directors box jumping about at the full time whistle. He’s not signing for the good guys of Fife that’s for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Also, the turnstile at the halfway line was a total shambles pre-match. Tickets getting almost unanimously rejected and the hapless steward didn’t have a scooby what he was doing.

There was an issue with the system going down which didn’t help,  but I think we really need to look at the south west wing/SRJ windows/south east wing shambles in the main stand.  

1. There’s free movement in the stand between sections which is fine but surely should mean every turnstyle should allow entry for all tickets.   2. Because they are numbered completely separately we are getting far too many people trying to sit in the wrong areas, not deliberately but if your ticket says J44 and you find row J and seat 44 then you think you’ve found your seat and find someone else in it it causes problems but its not recognized that there’s actually 3 J44s in the stand and you need to make sure your actually in the right section first(something that’s there’s no signage to show)

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Alex Jakubiak was at East End today and is apparently in talks with the club.

Is Wotherspoon  still training with the pars,   what's the reason he isn't signing,   do you still need him though, with Summers signing(good player)

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Is Wotherspoon  still training with the pars,   what's the reason he isn't signing,   do you still need him though, with Summers signing(good player)

By all accounts still training yes but Summers brought in to the gap Wotherspoon most obvious fills so would doubt he will be joining up. 

Just now, 101 said:

By all accounts still training yes but Summers brought in to the gap Wotherspoon most obvious fills so would doubt he will be joining up. 

Apparently we offered him a deal weeks ago,  training etc,   Looking for wages we couldn't afford ,   still think he will sign up when no one else offers a better deal than pars.

Just now, Passionate said:

Apparently we offered him a deal weeks ago,  training etc,   Looking for wages we couldn't afford ,   still think he will sign up when no one else offers a better deal than pars.

Was it not reported in the press we offered him terms before the Airdrie game, up to the manager if he wants to spend the budget there.

I think today underlined the need for a striker, don't think it's fair on Sutherland chucking him on to try and get a winner.

What do you pars boys thing about the championship this season,  both sides seem to be doing ok, our best performance imo was the defeat to yourselves on opening day..

Every game seems to be an occasion compared to the League 1 drivel...

How did you rate Dundee United last week, are they all that....

3 hours ago, kdypar said:

He was in the Rovers directors box jumping about at the full time whistle. He’s not signing for the good guys of Fife that’s for sure. 

Is this actually true or did someone just make this up and folk are repeating it? Seen a few folk saying the same story.

Not really sure why a guy with no connection to Raith would be celebrating with Raith directors, especially against his old manager. 

Whether it's Jakubiak or not we desperately need two new strikers.

Edited by Parscelona

Why do you keep saying we created nothing out of interest?

Off the top of my head

Comrie effort saved by the keeper

Chalmers shot tipped round for a corner 

Otoo effort over the bar (good move)

McCann shot saved by keeper (Otoo given offside - i think)

O’Halloran a yard out couldn't get ball out from between his feet

We did create a few decent chances. Not saying we would've got anything as I do feel Rovers had more to come off the bench if needed. To say we created nothing isn't true.

Edited by da_no_1

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Why do you keep saying we created nothing out of interest?

Off the top of my head

Comrie effort saved by the keeper

Chalmers shot tipped round for a corner 

Otoo effort over the bar (good move)

McCann shot saved by keeper (Otoo given offside - i think)

O’Halloran a yard out couldn't get ball out from between his feet

We did create a few decent chances. Not saying we would've got anything as I do feel Rovers had more to come off the bench if needed. To say we created nothing isn't true.

You’ll note I said “next to nothing” which means hardly any, not literally none since we’re being pedantic.

Anyway, of the examples you gave, one was way off target, one wasn’t even an attempt and another was irrelevant because the flag was already up.

The Comrie one was a chance tbf but the Chalmers one was a comfortable save.

At no point during the 90 minutes did I think we looked even remotely like scoring and the only surprise was Rovers didn’t add a second on the counter. They absolutely should have scored again after Bene’s error.

We put lots of pressure on their defence without creating many clear cut chances, and for the most part Murray and Watson lapped it up. Comrie should score in the first half, no idea why he hits it the only place in the goal where Dabrowski is (a great save despite that). 12 corners and I don't recall any of them being remotely close to being a goal. A few other moments where players couldn't sort their feet out in the box. We lacked a bit of luck and on another day probably find a goal from somewhere. 

It highlights the lack of reliable attacking quality options we have in this team, McCann/Wighton/O'Halloran all were pretty poor yesterday and we didn't have any known quantities to change that from the bench. Not going to overreact as I thought the team was uncharacteristically sloppy, with too many players having an off day. Hopefully though it highlights the need to bring in a couple of attacking signings as soon as possible. 

4 points isn't a bad return on the opening 3 games, think Inverness given their current form is a game we need to go and win next week to get back on track.