Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I actually think we're not too bad, especially at half time. If we're behind after 45, there might be a half hearted boo as the whistle goes but usually the team gets a cheer as they go back into the dressing room and then roared back onto the park again. Might be some more boos at Full time, especially if we've played badly but that's probably to be expected. 

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I actually think we're not too bad, especially at half time. If we're behind after 45, there might be a half hearted boo as the whistle goes but usually the team gets a cheer as they go back into the dressing room and then roared back onto the park again. Might be some more boos at Full time, especially if we've played badly but that's probably to be expected. 

I don't really mean at the usual reaction bits, like HT/FT, I think those are quite normal and I'm sure give the players a kick up the arse if they need it. By time they get to the tunnel it's usually changed from boos to gearing up for the second half. But I've seen a few heads gone moments at just random times this season, conceding etc. BTW, not pointing any fingers, I nearly exploded with anger a few times in that Rovers 0-3 cup game. 

I think this is where a signing or two is almost more important than how we perform in the immediate short term. Obviously, we don't want poor performances but it would have been hard to quell increasing frustration if there were no signings. That frustration isn't necessarily aimed at those fit enough to take the field, or even McPake to a certain extent, but rather aimed at the board who clearly needed to help shore up the squad.

I was pretty pessimistic about what support McPake was going to get but even just the one signing helps lift the mood amongst the fans and hopefully amongst the squad. 

Mon the Pars!

Wouldn't have thought that only today's game will be off but with the cold weather can't really see the water draining away over the next week the Queen's park game could also be off.

I’m genuinely surprised it’s not something that drainage/sunshine can solve before kick off today. But, it’s probably not bad for us to have the game off. 

Doesn’t sound like an issue that’ll be fixed ahead of the freezing temperatures this next week. To be honest, I’m not sure it’s worth fixing at all, without investing in a whole new system one summer. Seems to be an endless stream of issues with the USH and I’d imagine a lot of it is due to age of the system. A new system would hopefully cut the running costs and improve reliability. Although, it’s a cost we probably can’t afford in the near future. Feels like we could spend thousands fixing this, just to get another issue the next time we turn it on - that’s what seems to keep happening anyway.

Hopefully Fisher can be back in contention and we can bring another player or two in over the next week or so anyway.

We have a free weekend on the 10th February, so do Queens Park. Airdrie will too, if they lose to St Johnstone next week.

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m genuinely surprised it’s not something that drainage/sunshine can solve before kick off today. But, it’s probably not bad for us to have the game off. 

Doesn’t sound like an issue that’ll be fixed ahead of the freezing temperatures this next week. To be honest, I’m not sure it’s worth fixing at all, without investing in a whole new system one summer. Seems to be an endless stream of issues with the USH and I’d imagine a lot of it is due to age of the system. A new system would hopefully cut the running costs and improve reliability. Although, it’s a cost we probably can’t afford in the near future. Feels like we could spend thousands fixing this, just to get another issue the next time we turn it on - that’s what seems to keep happening anyway.

Hopefully Fisher can be back in contention and we can bring another player or two in over the next week or so anyway.

We have a free weekend on the 10th February, so do Queens Park. Airdrie will too, if they lose to St Johnstone next week.

I would just isolate the water and not use it again until we are in the premiership, be that 2 or 10 years time.

Replacing the system would obviously have to be done in tandem with the pitch being replaced and I'm not sure how often they do that. But it would add to the amount of cash needed at a single point in time.

What an outstanding month this could be for us. We have the chance to sign another couple of players, and every player returning from injury is going to feel like a new signing. I was worried we might slide into the relegation zone, but I’m now more confident than ever we will stay well clear of that. 
Staying up this season was the very least I was hoping for this season, so anything better is a bonus IMO 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

That’s us just 3 points clear of 9th now - and we play them next week. Will be a very crucial week.

Screenshot_20240113_175112_Opera.thumb.jpg.e187c67c1df4deefb64cb095f1181c4c.jpg

Aye, it's tight, but we could also be back in 4th after we catch up on all our games. We need points quickly though or I think they'll be harder to come by.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20240113_175112_Opera.thumb.jpg.e187c67c1df4deefb64cb095f1181c4c.jpg

Aye, it's tight, but we could also be back in 4th after we catch up on all our games. We need points quickly though or I think they'll be harder to come by.

Yeah. I think I’m just very aware we need to sign players and get results now. We can’t afford to say “we’ll be fine in a month, if players return” 

Just now, CallumPar said:

Yeah. I think I’m just very aware we need to sign players and get results now. We can’t afford to say “we’ll be fine in a month, if players return” 

Aye next week is a huge game.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Thankfully I think the owners and management understand this too. I think we might see another couple newbies in for the Queens Park game.