Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not many of you were, despite our clubs utterly selfless and generous offer to donate money back to our West Fife neighbours in their hour or need.

Trying far too hard. 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Not many of you were, despite our clubs utterly selfless and generous offer to donate money back to our West Fife neighbours in their hour or need.

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Still never managed to beat us that season either.

I still find it absolutely hilarious they couldn't beat us when Peter Fucking Grant was the manager. 

Article up on club website confirming we turned down a 6 figure fee for Edwards. Also seems to confirm he’s out of contract in the summer though… not good business if his contract isn’t extended.

IMG_7703.jpeg

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I still find it absolutely hilarious they couldn't beat us when Peter Fucking Grant was the manager. 

A Gary Locke Raith Rovers team managing to beat you was funnier. 

Just now, CallumPar said:

Article up on club website confirming we turned down a 6 figure fee for Edwards. Also seems to confirm he’s out of contract in the summer though… not good business if his contract isn’t extended.

IMG_7703.jpeg

Fairly certain that it's been confirmed on here and by the club, we have an option of another year and will be taking it up. I don't know the T&C's of all that but sounds like we could still get a decent fee for Josh in the summer. Depends what we do between now and then I suppose.

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

Who could blame him for wanting out? That man should have been carried shoulder high out of EEP, instead he probably pulled his hat down and collar up to sneak out in case he was verbally and maybe even physically attacked. 
I don’t think the Germans are a bad fit for us, and I’d bet my left baw Ross carried out vigorous checks on them before allowing them to take over. 
The thing I hold onto most is these guys are very successful businessmen in their own right, and will be very capable of making something out of this latest project/hobby. They are clearly hitting a few stumbling blocks, but they’ll learn from it and will start to get it right eventually. IMO,  we just have to hold our nerve and not start a witch hunt like we seen happen to Ross.
If it turns out I’m wrong I’ll say so, but I think these guys will take us far higher than we expected. 

Ross McArthur was utterly done in and running on vapour just before he left.

It was him who had originally outed the issues back in September 2012, then led the take over from Masterton and eventually took on the running of the club. He worked for nothing for almost a 10 year period putting in countless hours to the detriment of his personal life. 

He'd already decided he was going before those anonymous cuntz gave him hassle, but that put the tin lid on it. He didn't want any fuss when he left to pull his life back together, but they should have had a statue erected of the man because without him we'd have had no club (imo).

I don't think he's a diety mind, he's just a thoroughly decent man.

Edited by North West

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Not many of you were, despite our club’s utterly selfless and generous offer to donate money back to our West Fife neighbours in their hour of need.

Bold shout for a Raith fan to try and engage in a bit of crowd wanking. 

10 minutes ago, North West said:

It was him who had originally outed the issues back in September 2012, then led the take over from Masterton and eventually took on the running of the club. He worked for nothing for almost a 10 year period putting in countless hours to the detriment of his personal life. 

He'd already decided he was going before those anonymous cuntz gave him hassle, but that put the tin lid on it. He didn't want any fuss when he left to pull his life back together, but they should have had a statue erected of the man because without him we'd have had no club (imo).

I don't he's a diety mind, he's just a thoroughly decent man.

When Airdrie went to the wall, the directors left one by one until only Joey Rowan remained. He died during the Administration and I’m sure the stress was a factor. He never had any issues with the fans giving him grief as he was very well known to the fans and very well liked, but another cautionary tale of what it can lead to.

31 minutes ago, North West said:

I don't he's a diety mind, he's just a thoroughly decent man.

Pure unsung hero IMO

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Fairly certain that it's been confirmed on here and by the club, we have an option of another year and will be taking it up. I don't know the T&C's of all that but sounds like we could still get a decent fee for Josh in the summer. Depends what we do between now and then I suppose.

I don’t think the club ever confirmed it. Would also seem really stupid for us to put an article out, saying he’s only under contract until summer 2024, if he’s had an extension. Having said that, that’s about the quality of output I expect from our club.

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I don’t think the club ever confirmed it. Would also seem really stupid for us to put an article out, saying he’s only under contract until summer 2024, if he’s had an extension. Having said that, that’s about the quality of output I expect from our club.

Wasn't there a comment in the Courier article about the bid and the New Zealand defender that said we had triggered the extension?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wasn't there a comment in the Courier article about the bid and the New Zealand defender that said we had triggered the extension?

Yeah, there was. But the courier also reported (numerous times) that we were about to announce Wotherspoon in the summer. Until an extension is announced by the club, I wouldn’t take it as ‘official’.

I would expect the football club to know when players are contracted to - regardless of what’s been rumoured/reported elsewhere. If the club are putting out articles saying he’s contracted to summer 2024, why should we believe the courier over them? I opened the article expecting confirmation of the extension and instead saw that we’re saying he’s out of contract this summer.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

I can’t be bothered looking but if you read McPake’s last four or five interviews on the official site it’s mentioned. 

If we trigger Edwards extension there's every chance it might trigger other things, whether that's a bonus, increase in wages, release clause etc. We know Edwards has an extension clause, but it wouldn't make much sense to trigger it until as late as possible. In the meantime I'm sure the club are trying to convince him to sign a longer contract. Don't see an issue in the club not announcing anything yet if there's nothing to announce? 

As for RM we wouldn't have a club without him and the abuse he suffered goes down as extremely embarrassing, from what I remember I think there wad a fan display at the final game for him? I doubt it rectified all the wrongs but hopefully it helped. I'm not sure if he's coming back to games, I'd imagine he would've been burnt out something rotten. 

Edited by HoBNob

15 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Is the Airdrie game the only one we’re waiting on being rearranged? Was checking the  on the official site but they’ve taken the postponed ones off.

Yes, doubt anything will be done until they are out the cup

7 hours ago, HoBNob said:

As for RM we wouldn't have a club without him and the abuse he suffered goes down as extremely embarrassing, from what I remember I think there wad a fan display at the final game for him? I doubt it rectified all the wrongs but hopefully it helped. I'm not sure if he's coming back to games, I'd imagine he would've been burnt out something rotten. 

If he does come to games he doesn't get any peace apparently 🙄