Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Also, can I just add - if there’s any truth in the ‘leaked’ info about us agreeing terms with Dundee for Byrne and Ashcroft, everyone involved with leaking this info and allowing Raith to swoop in, can f**k right off.

I’d much rather we kept our business quiet and got it done, than had people spreading this info before anything’s signed, resulting in players getting better offers. That goes for the insiders at the club leaking the info and the attention seekers who then post it online to boost their ego.

Edited by CallumPar

Just now, Enigma said:

Anyway, what’s he like, any good?

Ashcroft's a solid championship defender. Old school centre half, dominant in the air in both boxes. Would back him to score against us, since we can’t defend set-pieces and he’s a big threat from them.

Not got any pace, but his positional sense is very good and he reads the game well.

Not surprised in the slightest to see this. He is a player that should be in the top 4 of the Championship. Coming to us would be purely sentimental if other teams were interested.  We are obviously a rabble, and I wouldn't fancy coming in to our squad given how low the morale will be and the fact you could end up having a relegation to your name if it goes tits up. 

Struggling to think who else we could get now in all honesty. We still have 3 loan spaces available, and we'll probably make a c*nt of them and sign 20 year olds  

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

Ross Millen strolled through the cup game. I would have him 

Can you get loans from the same league this month? I thought it was only if they were coming down from the Premiership.

Stand to be corrected.

22 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Guaranteed that some will blame the board for penny pinching. 

I wonder if he was offered the £5K staying up bonus Kane snapped at? Either way I guess he didn’t fancy it/wasn’t worth the risk.

19 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Also, can I just add - if there’s any truth in the ‘leaked’ info about us agreeing terms with Dundee for Byrne and Ashcroft, everyone involved with leaking this info and allowing Raith to swoop in, can f**k right off.

I’d much rather we kept our business quiet and got it done, than had people spreading this info before anything’s signed, resulting in players getting better offers. That goes for the insiders at the club leaking the info and the attention seekers who then post it online to boost their ego.

Christ. Do you honestly beleive that his agent wasn't putting his name around to find out all the available options? You reckon that Raith who were in contact with him last month to try and sign him wouldn't have been kept abreast of his availability? 

You reckon that Raith don't have a courier subscription where it said last week we were targeting an experienced centre half and didn't do the math? Likewise that in pre season when articles were going up that Byrne was available, they missed that? 

Instead they're trawling PnB and following Michael Wood for there transfer targets and that's the reason the moves fell through? 

Christ. 

8 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Ross Millen strolled through the cup game. I would have him 

Christ. 

People have lost the run of themselves. 

39 minutes ago, Wacky said:

You can’t blame him. Most players would want a fight at the top of the league not the bottom. 
I just hope we have more irons in the fire. 

Davie and Amy?🫣

You could see the bond between Byrne and Rudden after the opener against United on Friday. Think it will be obvious now to say they’ll have more pulling power and most likely a stronger relationship with Ashcroft than McPake.

Millen as a free agent will be available? His contract is / has being binned.

Would hate to see us loan you Corr as he’s not had the opportunity he’s deserved. Masson on the other hand nearly guaranteed to be loaned out now.

You’ve had a diabolical time with injuries but there’s something really amiss with the Pars behind the scenes.

Not surprising at all. He was clearly holding out for better and don't think anyone can blame him. Why would you join a club facing a relegation battle when you could join a club on a promotion push? 

Fair play to Rovers. Having some season and pulling together a very good squad. Surely almost favourites for the league now. United stalling and uninspiring while Rovers throwing the kitchen sink at promotion. Fallout could be spectacular if either fail to get promotion...

Just now, AuldReekie said:

Fair play to Rovers. Having some season and pulling together a very good squad. Surely almost favourites for the league now. United stalling and uninspiring while Rovers throwing the kitchen sink at promotion. Fallout could be spectacular if either fail to get promotion...

You say that, but we don’t win the league we’ve got the play offs, we don’t win the play offs, we’ve got most of our better players signed up for next season. You’ve got a rebuild on your hands regardless.