Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Some laugh when you see McPake lavishing praise on Chalmers and O'Halloran on the official website.

If he hasn't learnt after this season that they're not good enough for the level we aspire to be, it will cost him his job early next season.

They discussed this potential move on the Terrace podcast a few weeks ago I think. If they get the McKenna from the year Arbroath finished second then it's worth a punt, but that seems to have been a one off season and it's a weird move going full time at what 28/29? 

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They discussed this potential move on the Terrace podcast a few weeks ago I think. If they get the McKenna from the year Arbroath finished second then it's worth a punt, but that seems to have been a one off season and it's a weird move going full time at what 28/29? 

He's 33

3 hours ago, Parscelona said:

Some laugh when you see McPake lavishing praise on Chalmers and O'Halloran on the official website.

If he hasn't learnt after this season that they're not good enough for the level we aspire to be, it will cost him his job early next season.

MOH gets a raw deal of it from our support tbf

Seemed like an odd article to put out. Nothing against MOH or Chalmers but I just don't think they cut it at this level anymore from their performances this season.

I'm glad they're seen as good pros for the younger guys but ideally I'd want the more senior players to be key members of the squad, they both finished the season as fringe/squad players. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

MOH gets a raw deal of it from our support tbf

Guy has bags of effort and i think he's still talented. 

However he's like trying to fit the long 4 square Tetris piece when you actually want the z one.

Edited by Stellaboz

Chalmers is influential in the dressing room and he's also a half decent player.

The amount of stinking shit he gets from some of our fans is unfounded and unfair.

But of course, if you pay your money then you can obviously say what you want, eh?

On 05/05/2024 at 20:45, The Toun Clock said:

Unfortunately I can see clubs who can offer that wee bit extra trying to sign Chris Kane. If St.Johnstone stay up I wouldn’t be shocked if they offer him a year as a squad striker, and if then come down in the playoffs I wouldn’t be shocked if they offer him a deal to fire them back up.

MFW has done well enough to earn a contract outside of the Scottish Championship, wouldn’t be shocked if he stays at Cardiff or gets another gig down south.

With regards to Falkirk, I think if they’d just won the league in fairly normal circumstances, I think they’d come up and aim to finish mid table next season. However, with the invincible season, I think it’ll propel them on a bit more and they’ll have a right good go next season. It would seem they already have a good spirit in the team, and the amount of late goals to get them wins or draws over the season was mad. A few handy recruits and they’ll do okay. Suppose the good thing is they were playing L1 players, they still have a lot of below Championship quality in their squad. 

How many of this current Championship would have gone through L1 undefeated? 

Posted (edited)

Remind me how goals Todorov scored this season again?

In saying that keeping him is far preferable to Holmes.

Edited by DA Baracus

Was at the supporters meeting tonight. Nothing major but one takeaway was that Aberdeen have been watching Fagan-Walcott at every home game (at least) since he joined which is a gutter. Hopefully their new manager doesn’t fancy him.

Decent night, Cook, McPake and Hammy spoke well. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Remind me how goals Todorov scored this season again?

In saying that keeping him is far preferable to Holmes.

That him at 10 now?  More than double any of our players? 

wasnt convinced about keeping him right enough, but thought he could have done a job for us this season when he was let go.  As it turns out he definitely could have.  

3 hours ago, BPM said:

How many of this current Championship would have gone through L1 undefeated? 

How many would have spent so long in League One? 

23 minutes ago, North West said:

There fixed it for you.

Surprised even the biggest dunfermline fan could defend how shite chalmers has been this season. Even mcpake has rarely used him when he's fit.