Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I prefer comrie/KRH over Fenton/edwards,  and the third choices guys moving out of their best position in Todd and Otoo also favour the RWB

How many times has KRH played RWB in his career? A handful for us vs L1 jobbers where he was never really tested defensively. He came to us as an attacking midfielder. So he'd be one moving out of his preferred position too. 

1 minute ago, par-adise said:

How many times has KRH played RWB in his career? A handful for us vs L1 jobbers where he was never really tested defensively. He came to us as an attacking midfielder. So he'd be one moving out of his preferred position too. 

How many times has KRH played in his career? A handful for us vs L1 jobbers.

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

How many times has KRH played in his career? A handful for us vs L1 jobbers.

Doesn't change my point that it's not his natural position, or at least hasn't been through his entire youth career, and so the defensive side of his game will be less developed than other aspects. 

Edited by par-adise

7 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Doesn't change my point that it's not his natural position, or at least hasn't been through his entire youth career, and so the defensive side of his game will be less developed than other aspects. 

He has shown he's more than capable going backwards, ,maybe not quite enough to play outright RB in a 4 but he's more than capable at that in a 5.

He didn't get much game time before he nailed down that spot but when he did play AM/wide he was at times crowded out,  far less being played out of position, I think its more him finding his right position.

Don't know much about Moffat must be decent to make the Celtic first team. With Moffat and Summers signing and KRH back, I'm not sure if the is room for Wotherspoon now. I would still take him as an option though.

Edited by Chubbychops

I’d like the Wotherspoon signing for the experience but he can hardly blame us for going elsewhere. The first time he was linked albeit from a tan was 25 June.

Summers and Moffat don’t have all that great first team experience but they’ve been on the fringes of big Ange’s dominant Celtic team, so they’ll be no mugs.

6 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Any data on this guy? 

Unfortunately need 600+ mins of senior football in one season to make a chart, don't think Moffat has that.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, only 2 more domestic loans. Allowed 4 and we have Sharp and Summers already.

Should obviously utilise that to our advantage like we did with Fisher, Otoo, and KRH last season. See if we can get younger players in and performing for us, ultimately getting them committed to us full time. Do that, and add Jakubiak, I think we’ll be in a very good place once KRH and Todd are both back firing. 

Honestly don’t think the Championship is ready for Todd. The boy is an absolute machine. 

Edited by DAFC.

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Honestly don’t think the Championship is ready for Todd. The boy is an absolute machine. 

We were screaming out for a Matty Todd against Rovers.

His energy and goal threat from an attacking midfield position would've unsettled that Rovers defence a bit more than we did and offered more support to an isolated Wighton.

We've been desperately unlucky with injuries this season. Think we will be a side to fear once our recuitment is completed and we have all of our top players back. Not seen anything in this division to be too worried about when we are at full strength.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Should obviously utilise that to our advantage like we did with Fisher, Otoo, and KRH last season. See if we can get younger players in and performing for us, ultimately getting them committed to us full time. Do that, and add Jakubiak, I think we’ll be in a very good place once KRH and Todd are both back firing. 

Sharp is just a 6 month loan, Deniz should be back fit and playing in the next few weeks so that'll free up an extra slot in January to account or any injuries etc at that time.

Edited by VinnyPar

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Said the exact same thing to my auld fella after the game. We missed his runs and never say die play, as well as KRH’s trickery to cause havoc and create clear cut chances.

11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

His energy and goal threat from an attacking midfield position would've unsettled that Rovers defence a bit more than we did and offered more support to an isolated 

Otoo was getting a bit of space in forward positions and Matty would have exploited that.

I'm ready for a statue already. For services against Falkirk and what would have definitely happened against Rovers. 

Come baaaaack!!! 

Edited by Stoo61

This would be one hell of a team if we had KRH and Todd back. Being honest though, I love KRH, the way he challenges players with his pace and trickery is a thing of beauty, but I’d rather have Todd back today. His energy and dogged determination to chase lost causes puts the fear into opposition defenders and he can finish too. He has a better engine than Dec McManus IMO. if I had a choice right now I’d have Todd back before Kane, as I think we need him more right now.