Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I wouldn’t read too much into that, midfield certainly not. CB, we’ve had so many issues at CB going through about 7 different options and he was never tried there, which would hint at him being very poor as a CB

Well that's worrying. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I wouldn’t read too much into that, midfield certainly not. CB, we’ve had so many issues at CB going through about 7 different options and he was never tried there, which would hint at him being very poor as a CB

Fair enough. I’m just going off what the article said. I can’t find much about him online,  because he’s a 27 year old, with less than 150 career appearances. I was assuming he could play CB, since it’s a CB we’re desperate for. We’re ok at RB and I’m hoping we ditch the back 3 for good, so don’t want to sign someone to play RWB.

Well we’ve already seen that we’re struggling to sign players, so this is at least another body in. Says on COWS “Described as a reliable, tough-tackling full-back,” the fact he will be tackling is a huge plus. 

Welcome to the Pars neebur. 

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

Utterly underwhelming signing compared to what Ashcroft would've given us.

A player who cannot break into a team rock bottom of the Premiership and with 3 appearances since June hardly screams he's going to be the answer to our problems.

The same team that easily beat the 2nd team in our league as well as the 3rd team in our league. 

There is a gap in quality from the Championship to the Premiership. 

10 minutes ago, kdypar said:

The same team that easily beat the 2nd team in our league as well as the 3rd team in our league. 

There is a gap in quality from the Championship to the Premiership. 

Easily beat? 

A one goal winning margin against Raith scoring 8 mins from time and then a one goal winning margin against Thistle scoring in the last few seconds of extra time and that was after equalising 8 mins from the end in normal time.

I would say the difference in quality between Livingston and Raith/Partick Thistle is slim to none and the fact this guy can't break into a rotten Livi team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

7 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

Easily beat? 

A one goal winning margin against Raith scoring 8 mins from time and then a one goal winning margin against Thistle scoring in the last few seconds of extra time and that was after equalising 8 mins from the end in normal time.

I would say the difference in quality between Livingston and Raith/Partick Thistle is slim to none and the fact this guy can't break into a rotten Livi team doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

What relevance is the time of the winning goal? They also missed a penalty against Raith. 

In both games they went behind and in terrible form dug in and came back. That’s enough to tell me there of a higher standard than the teams currently sitting in places 2/3 in our league. 

22 minutes ago, kdypar said:

What relevance is the time of the winning goal? They also missed a penalty against Raith. 

In both games they went behind and in terrible form dug in and came back. That’s enough to tell me there of a higher standard than the teams currently sitting in places 2/3 in our league. 

Having been at the Livi game I can safely say even you lot looked better than them. Which might sound radge considering the result but Livi really really really looked poor.

5 minutes ago, kdypar said:

The lateness of the goals and the margin of each win would indicate they've not exactly had it easy in each of the games, given they apparently "easily beat" each team.

Think we shall just need to agree to disagree on this one but I don't think they are of a higher standard than Raith/Partick.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Having been at the Livi game I can safely say even you lot looked better than them. Which might sound radge considering the result but Livi really really really looked poor.

Didn’t they beat you?  

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

Didn’t they beat you?  

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

You never know,  a move like this could bring the best out of a player looking to re-start his career. Because he didn’t get many minutes doesn’t automatically mean he’s bad, it could simply be that the manager felt there was better options to fit the team……maybe 

Rovers fans, I don’t think we’ll even come close to winning against you guys in this campaign, but how fuckin foolish will you lot look if we do. 
He who laughs last and aw that. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Well we’ve already seen that we’re struggling to sign players, so this is at least another body in. Says on COWS “Described as a reliable, tough-tackling full-back,” the fact he will be tackling is a huge plus. 

Welcome to the Pars neebur. 

Looks a solid enough player for this league wacky. 
good luck to him 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Rovers fans, I don’t think we’ll even come close to winning against you guys in this campaign, but how fuckin foolish will you lot look if we do. 
He who laughs last and aw that. 

Gonna be honest, even if we beat them next month, I can’t see them being too upset about it come the end of the season.

They’ll finish first or second in the league, having beaten us 4 times in 6 games against us, while we battle to avoid relegation. I’m not sure how they’ll be looking foolish there?