Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Saw the Raith post with the fixtures v us on Facebook. Some cracking comments in there.

Effectively we shouldn't bother turning up as they've got more confidence and arrogance than Engalnd fans before the Euros. Hopefully they also get the same response and realisation once we kick off.

I think the Fife derby could grow over the next few years to eclipse the Pars Vs Falkirk rivalry. That's not me underestimating it in the current state, however I know Dunfermline fans generally do look at it a little less than Falkirk for whatever reason. I think potentially because it felt more like hatred than a decent local rivalry.

Raith's excellent form against us last season will have irked many, even if they do not wish to confirm that. I think things could continue to be quite heated between the clubs leading to an overall bigger feeling around the game. It is already a big deal, don't get me wrong, just I think some Pars fans view the Falkirk thing bigger, I would probably include myself in that. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think the Fife derby could grow over the next few years to eclipse the Pars Vs Falkirk rivalry. That's not me underestimating it in the current state, however I know Dunfermline fans generally do look at it a little less than Falkirk for whatever reason. I think potentially because it felt more like hatred than a decent local rivalry.

Raith's excellent form against us last season will have irked many, even if they do not wish to confirm that. I think things could continue to be quite heated between the clubs leading to an overall bigger feeling around the game. It is already a big deal, don't get me wrong, just I think some Pars fans view the Falkirk thing bigger, I would probably include myself in that. 

Aye.  I’m the same.   There just seems to be a much deeper issue with Falkirk.  Worked in their town for a good couple of years, have a few pals who are Falkirk fans and it was pretty clear how much some of their fans really despised us.  Conversely know a few folk who are Rovers fans who sure gave it big licks for a while Last year but it never crossed the line into hatred, it was more like banter/rivalry.   And that’s how it should be.  

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

Aye.  I’m the same.   There just seems to be a much deeper issue with Falkirk.  Worked in their town for a good couple of years, have a few pals who are Falkirk fans and it was pretty clear how much some of their fans really despised us.  Conversely know a few folk who are Rovers fans who sure gave it big licks for a while Last year but it never crossed the line into hatred, it was more like banter/rivalry.   And that’s how it should be.  

When I was a bit younger I much preferred the Falkirk games, as I've gotten older I find the nastiness in the games exhausting tbh. 

I know there's been some well publicised disturbances at the last few Fife Derbies but I've also drank pre/post match in Kirkcaldy last season and had no issues. 

As you say, it's more banter/rivalry with Raith. 

49 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

When I was a bit younger I much preferred the Falkirk games, as I've gotten older I find the nastiness in the games exhausting tbh. 

I know there's been some well publicised disturbances at the last few Fife Derbies but I've also drank pre/post match in Kirkcaldy last season and had no issues. 

Quite agree. And the actions of so many young Pars/Bairns over the last few years have been just depressing.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I can’t stand Falkirk either and feel the rovers/pars derby is about right, plenty of banter , loads of stupid comments but we can get along not bad. I worked in townieland for 12 years and enjoyed the banter. High five 🖐️ to us for being civil 😉😂😂💪🏻

4 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Hope you enjoy your derbies with Falkirk more than you enjoyed them with us last year. 

I think Rovers fans are, with the exception of a few moon howlers, less fussed about this than you may think. We know you "fuckin hate us" really 😉.

No, you want is to hate yout club. Your social media pathetically jumping about roaring look at us, give us attention. Fuckin utter embarrassment.