Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

I'm not about to declare that we're about to challenge for the league, but it would be good if folks cut the club and the squad a little slack. 

We started today without a sub keeper despite knowing Max Little would be away months ago. 

The bench looked horrifically light. 

No matter how the league campaign goes we beat Spartans aye? 

Edited by HoBNob

21 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

We started today without a sub keeper despite knowing Max Little would be away months ago. 

The bench looked horrifically light. 

No matter how the league campaign goes we beat Spartans aye? 

We did, aye. And teams better than us have made harder work of it in the past. 

Do I think we're going to win the league? No. Do we still look very light? Yes. But is it really that hard to say the club did ok today? It's ok to want to criticise the club and staff, but it would be good if people could just accept that today was actually ok. Some fans are complaining the squad looks light at the same time as complaining the young team didn't get more minutes. Before the game, every single fan would have bitten their own arm off for a clean sheet and three goals. 

If this squad isn't good enough, the time will come for criticising the owners and McPake soon enough but in the meantime, this game is more fun if you enjoy even the small wins. 

14 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

We did, aye. And teams better than us have made harder work of it in the past. 

Do I think we're going to win the league? No. Do we still look very light? Yes. But is it really that hard to say the club did ok today? It's ok to want to criticise the club and staff, but it would be good if people could just accept that today was actually ok. Some fans are complaining the squad looks light at the same time as complaining the young team didn't get more minutes. Before the game, every single fan would have bitten their own arm off for a clean sheet and three goals. 

If this squad isn't good enough, the time will come for criticising the owners and McPake soon enough but in the meantime, this game is more fun if you enjoy even the small wins. 

Praising the performance, and praising the club are two different things. 

Aye, the result was good, all credit to those that played. 

No, having a bench of

"Subs v The Spartans:-

20 Chris Kane

23 Michael O’Halloran

24 Taylor Sutherland

25 Sam Young

26 Andrew Tod 

28 Ewan McLeod

30 Fredd ie Rowe" 

Is not good, is our ambition not to get promoted? Is having the squad depth of above going to get us there? Does a win over a bottom tier side negate criticism over how the squad looks dreadful going into another season? 

I can only hope you remind me of today when Raith and Falkirk are above us. 

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

After a really shite couple of months on a personal level I really enjoyed the fitba today. 

Good to hear mate. Hopefully the team can give you more of this!

Please don't be a stranger to the General Nonsense threads that deal with personal issues if you need to, and I'm always happy to chat over personal message on here if you ever want to (vent/discuss/rant/debate/anything).

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

After a really shite couple of months on a personal level I really enjoyed the fitba today. 

Glad to hear the football helped to give you a bit of a release from whatever you’ve been going through. Hope everything’s ok.

Like DA Baracus said, don’t be afraid to reach out if you ever need someone to talk to - even if it’s just to vent/rant/complain. Sometimes it helps just to talk to someone. 

After some of the terrible performances last season it’s a welcome change to have a positive result regardless who it’s against. 
It’ll be a huge boost for the teams confidence. 
Young Taylor proving that if you’re good enough then you’re old enough. After the performances I’ve seen from him so far he is worthy of a starting spot in the team, and I Hope McPake has the baws to do it. I’m sure that the lack of players will be addressed, but it’s bizarre that we still don’t have a keeper for the bench. All said I hope that this is the start of some winning momentum for us, and it gives the lads a lift going into the next game. 

7 minutes ago, North West said:

McCann scored, keep ot up.

Happy with the result.

McCann has looked a different player so far this season. Maybe the more experienced players have given him some pointers? I hope he grows into that role and proves that he can be the player in this league that we all seen in div 1 

Not going to get carried away as it wasn't a perfect performance and the score flatters us slightly. I thought Spartans were a decent side and should do well in L2. However some real positives for me:

Three really good finishes. We need to be more clinical than we were last season so that's a good sign. Will also be a real confidence booster for McCann and Taylor especially. 

Wotherspoon showed his quality and I liked the look of Ngwenya. 

KRH looked back to the levels he was at the end of his loan spell. Looked dangerous whenever he was able to run with the ball. 

Chris Kane is alive. 

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words earlier. I appreciate every one. I can assure you I'm fine. My dad passed away 6 weeks ago unexpectedly. He was a proud Englishman first, a Spurs fan but a massive Pars fan. Yesterday was my first game without him. He probably wouldn't have been there as he didn't make many away games but it was strange not texting him when we scored and weird not calling him in the car going home. Make the most of every second with your loved ones folks ❤️ 

Lost my old man in 2019.  I went to every game with him, meeting him at the wall facing the old turnstyles at corner of Norrie and Main stand.  Season ticket holders in the NW.   It was so hard to keep going to games after, seemed like every thing about a Pars game and matchday would remind me of him and how much I missed him.  

Got there though with help from friends and letting time pass and heal.  That and knowing he’d want me to enjoy it without him physically being there.   I’m sure the same will be true for your dad.   Take care pal.

Sorry to hear about your dad. 

My dad's 86 and been Pars fan virtually all his life. He's had 3 major strokes, wheelchair bound and has early dementia now which means he couldn't attend matches anymore.

Despite all his challenges he said last week he's determined to go back to East End this season for one last game, we'll make that happen. 

COYP

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words earlier. I appreciate every one. I can assure you I'm fine. My dad passed away 6 weeks ago unexpectedly. He was a proud Englishman first, a Spurs fan but a massive Pars fan. Yesterday was my first game without him. He probably wouldn't have been there as he didn't make many away games but it was strange not texting him when we scored and weird not calling him in the car going home. Make the most of every second with your loved ones folks ❤️ 

Sorry for your loss. Hope you and your family are coping as well as you can. Take care of yourselves.

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're doing OK. 

Just a reminder that what Bill Shankly said about football isn't true. There are far more important things in life.

Football is just a game, a passion and a release from your job. Keep that in mind and we'll be alright.

The way it's going, North West's faither will get on the subs bench 😄

12 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

7 hours ago, parsboi said:

Lost my old man in 2019.  I went to every game with him, meeting him at the wall facing the old turnstyles at corner of Norrie and Main stand.  Season ticket holders in the NW.   It was so hard to keep going to games after, seemed like every thing about a Pars game and matchday would remind me of him and how much I missed him.  

Got there though with help from friends and letting time pass and heal.  That and knowing he’d want me to enjoy it without him physically being there.   I’m sure the same will be true for your dad.   Take care pal.

Sorry to hear that guys!

I often see people who are clearly there with parents, grandparents and loved ones and wonder just how tough it must be when they can no longer go. I think you summed up how we would all feel about going to games in that situation. Hopefully the boys do them proud this season.

On 14/07/2024 at 23:18, da_no_1 said:

Really sorry to hear this neebs. 
When we are young our parents seem larger than life, strong and invincible. It seems like they are always there to give you a leg up, support you and shield you from the worst the world can fling at you. Slowly it dawns on you that the roles are reversing, and as they did for you, you lovingly adjust your life to incorporate their needs and do all you can to help them. It’s the bizarrest feeling when that stops. 
As da-no.-1 says above “make the most of every second with your loved ones” 

@North West hope you can get yer dad along to a game against Falkirk or Raith, if he is only fit enough to make one game this season then I hope it’s to a packed house at East End. 

On 15/07/2024 at 06:34, North West said:

Sorry to hear about your dad. 

My dad's 86 and been Pars fan virtually all his life. He's had 3 major strokes, wheelchair bound and has early dementia now which means he couldn't attend matches anymore.

Despite all his challenges he said last week he's determined to go back to East End this season for one last game, we'll make that happen. 

COYP

I’d recommend reaching out to someone like Drew Main, if your dad is wanting/fit enough to attend a game. I’m sure Drew would make sure that the club go above and beyond to make sure he’s well looked after and it’s a great day for him. We also have an accessibility officer (or similar title), who I’m sure could also help, but can’t remember his name right now.

Really hope you can get him along to a game at some point and it can be a really special occasion for you both!