Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Bit of a ramble but it's encouraging to see this get wider coverage, and for the statement to be roundly dismissed as utter nonsense by almost everyone. Pleasing. Wonder if members of GmbH are suitably embarrassed by the statement yet. 

Yeah I'd skip the start a bit but the same sentiment as myself, most other fans of our club as well as those of others including Craig Fowler. 

As he says on that video, the statement demonstrates they were not up to running a club.

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Wonder if members of GmbH are suitably embarrassed by the statement yet.

They probably will be when they stop greetin like wee lassies. 

I personally think Mehmet should be benched for a wee while. The guy has had the weight of the world on his shoulders, and I think that pressure shows in his performances so far. I hope McPake lets him sit out this weekend 

Edited by Wacky

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think he's always needed dropped. A total bombscare that during our most recent seaside trip, had a solid defence not letting anything near him. 

I remember at the time, a decent percentage of the goals we conceded seemed avoidable from a goalkeeping perspective.

He has always had this habit of palming the ball back into the danger area after making a save and always looked vulnerable to shots from the edge of the box. Found it madness that all the praise from the manager and board for the clean sheets went to Mehmet. Bene was an absolute rock in league 1. There was also a huge difference because very few teams tried to attack us.

Edited by CallumPar

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think he's always needed dropped. A total bombscare that during our most recent seaside trip, had a solid defence not letting anything near him. 

13 hours ago, Heaton said:

Exactly. Said it at the time the clean sheets were for the defence not him. 

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I remember at the time, a decent percentage of the goals we conceded seemed avoidable from a goalkeeping perspective.

He has always had this habit of palming the ball back into the danger area after making a save and always looked vulnerable to shots from the edge of the box. Found it madness that all the praise from the manager and board for the clean sheets went to Mehmet. Bene was an absolute rock in league 1. There was also a huge difference because very few teams tried to attack us.

I agree with all this. I was trying to be a bit, if you like, diplomatic in my post above. One thing I will say for him is he can stop a penalty kick. Shame we couldn’t just wheel him out for penalty kicks. 

12 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Surely not, I was under the impression that sell on clauses were only valid for the first move away from the club he's at as long as the player is still on his first contract at that club

If that was how it worked then clubs would offer their player a second contract a day after they arrived. It will be a cut of all money that club makes from the player, based on specific circumstances (eg all money over a certain price, and potentially with some sort of time limit on it).

10 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Surely not, I was under the impression that sell on clauses were only valid for the first move away from the club he's at as long as the player is still on his first contract at that club

Nah. We'll get a cut of whatever(if anything) that Hibs receive. 

For that to happen he'd need to move for more than what Millwall paid for him as sell on fee percentages tend to be on the profit. 

So if (as rumoured) we had a 20% sell on fee with Hibs, we'll receive 20% of what Hibs would receive from Millwall. Which will be heehaw. 

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Nah. We'll get a cut of whatever(if anything) that Hibs receive. 

For that to happen he'd need to move for more than what Millwall paid for him as sell on fee percentages tend to be on the profit. 

So if (as rumoured) we had a 20% sell on fee with Hibs, we'll receive 20% of what Hibs would receive from Millwall. Which will be heehaw. 

Ahh I see. Interesting.

Every club that Nisbet has played for gets a share of 5% of all future transfers. Along with any sell on clause that we have agreed. 

Just now, kdypar said:

Every club that Nisbet has played for gets a share of 5% of all future transfers. Along with any sell on clause that we have agreed. 

This is what I thought, I don’t know why but thought we’d get something for player development? 
it has to stop somewhere tho, so maybe @HoBNobis right about selling on at a profit only?