Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Grainger was far better than Whittle at left-back last season, the main reason being that he can actually defend, and do it quite well. Ideally I'd like him to stay, but if we goes and it lets us improve in an area that we're more obviously lacking in, then it might be for the best.

Grainger was defensively better than Whittle.

Whittle always seemed to struggle to chase his man and also can't tackle. Going forward, Whittle was decent, but would always hit a block and, instead of cutting inside, would chose to go to the touchline almost always.

Think a new LB is needed. I reckon we should sign every left back in League 1 to show our dominance.

Airdrie fans seem extremely upset that it's Dunfermline Buchanan has signed on for. Pleasing.

:lol:

Point to the posts where Airdrie fans are raging he's gone to Dunfermline. Let me save you the time, there are none. Most Airdrie fans wish the lad well, he done a turn for us and was instrumental in saving our season.

However, good effort at deflecting.

It's typical bunker mentality that those on the inside dont see what's going on, or chose to ignore it, when the rest of the world can.

Win or Bust.

You're determined for this to be true, despite it being pointed out that it isn't and why it isn't. Even your last post talks of 'deflecting'. You can wail all you like but it won't make it true or any closer to being so.

:lol:

Point to the posts where Airdrie fans are raging he's gone to Dunfermline. Let me save you the time, there are none. Most Airdrie fans wish the lad well, he done a turn for us and was instrumental in saving our season.

However, good effort at deflecting.

Who said anything about it coming from Pie and Bovril?

Deflecting from what? I am confused.

You've got a decent player in Gregor, my POTY last season, not the finished article but FT football should help him. Can't grudge him, or Dunfermline, for offering him the chance. As much as I'd have liked to see him say with us, it's clear we're not on the up.

You seem to be confusing my clear and honest opinion on your finances as some sort of anger. You're wrong.

It's typical bunker mentality that those on the inside dont see what's going on, or chose to ignore it, when the rest of the world can.

Win or Bust.

Win or part time football*

Apparently Jefferies wants to make Kenny MacKay from Annan his 3rd signing of the season. Can't say I've ever heard of him but a quick search shows he likes to score a lot of goals too. Described as "powerful and pacey".

Morton are also rumoured to be after him, and the fact that he lives in Dunoon might just sway him in our direction.

There are rumours that we are getting an artificial pitch at the end of next season. Great news if true.

In about 10 years time, if that long, I imagine most clubs in Scotland will have them. Only teams like Celtic, who have no need for the revenue it would bring in and who have their own training ground, won't have one I'd think. The fact that they can be used all year round, can bring in money every single day and will result in less games being called off (although it won't stop the police for calling games off if it's icy outside the ground; maybe we could get artificial ground for outside as well?!) all massively outweight the negatives, which are basically from dundering dinosaurs who cry that 'it's not grass' and blame any injury incurred whilst playing football on an artificial pitch on the pitch itself, ignoring the literally massive list of injuries that occur on grass pitches. Only an utter moron of the highest order would be against an artificial pitch.

Seems like JJ was doing his homework well before the end of the season. Two excellent signings so far and a third to be announced, hopefully it's another cracker.

Scully or Mackay? I believe the Scully deal is all but sealed so would prefer it to be Mackay. The wide player should be signed up by this week as well - hopefully Andy Stirling.