Breaking Bad

Kejan

I cannot wait for the final 8 episodes. This might say a lot about my life, but I don't think I have been this excited about anything for a looooooooong time. I am rewatching the entire series to keep myself sane until then.

I would quite like the final episode to culminate in

all of Walt's family ending up dead. It may sound a tad morbid, but I quite like the idea of Walt ending up by himself in a sad existence with all of the money he originally wanted for his family, and now not having a clue what to do with it. It would definitely highlight the ultimate effects of how his priorities have changed throughout the seasons.

A very interesting theory indeed from somebody on IMDB -

OBVIOUS SPOILERS

My friend a couple months ago had this interesting theory that I have come to think might be true. It is essentially a characteristic pattern throughout the show that reveals Walt will kill Skylar within the last 8 episodes of the series.

1. Walt killed Crazy Eight. Before killing him he made Crazy Eight a sandwich and was asked to cut the crust off of the sandwich. After Crazy Eight's death, in future episodes from then on Walt is seen cutting the crust off of sandwiches he makes.

2. Walt killed Mike. Mike always drank whiskey on the rocks (Im pretty sure this is the drink, haven't watched the show since it went on hiatus). In the episode directly after, he is seen drinking Mike's drink of choice in Mike's office waiting for Jesse to arrive.

3. So, this means that Walt will kill Skylar. This is because of the flashforward in the season 5 premiere. Skylar made Walt the pancakes that spelled out 50 on his birthday way back in season 1, and he is seen spelling 52 on his pancakes in the Denny's in the season 5 premiere.

The pattern proves that whenever Walt personally kills someone with his own hands, he takes on a character trait of that person.

Sandwich crust= Crazy Eight's death

Whiskey drink= Mike's death

Pancake/bacon birthday tradition= Skylar's death

A very interesting theory indeed from somebody on IMDB -

OBVIOUS SPOILERS

My friend a couple months ago had this interesting theory that I have come to think might be true. It is essentially a characteristic pattern throughout the show that reveals Walt will kill Skylar within the last 8 episodes of the series.

1. Walt killed Crazy Eight. Before killing him he made Crazy Eight a sandwich and was asked to cut the crust off of the sandwich. After Crazy Eight's death, in future episodes from then on Walt is seen cutting the crust off of sandwiches he makes.

2. Walt killed Mike. Mike always drank whiskey on the rocks (Im pretty sure this is the drink, haven't watched the show since it went on hiatus). In the episode directly after, he is seen drinking Mike's drink of choice in Mike's office waiting for Jesse to arrive.

3. So, this means that Walt will kill Skylar. This is because of the flashforward in the season 5 premiere. Skylar made Walt the pancakes that spelled out 50 on his birthday way back in season 1, and he is seen spelling 52 on his pancakes in the Denny's in the season 5 premiere.

The pattern proves that whenever Walt personally kills someone with his own hands, he takes on a character trait of that person.

Sandwich crust= Crazy Eight's death

Whiskey drink= Mike's death

Pancake/bacon birthday tradition= Skylar's death

Also in the flashforward in the first episode of season 5 he is seen driving a Volvo before he switches cars. Just like Mr Fring.

Also in the flashforward in the first episode of season 5 he is seen driving a Volvo before he switches cars. Just like Mr Fring.

And, following Mr Fring's death, Jesse had dinner at Walt's house just like Gus' workers had dinner at his. Also, the two drug dealers Walt kills in Season 3.. Wendy attempted to give them poisoned burgers if I remember correctly, and I seem to have a vague memory of Walt barbecuing burgers at his home in an episode pretty soon after their deaths. Surely all of this can't be coincidence..

• 4 weeks later...

On another note, this has to be my favourite scene of the entire series (season 4 spoiler).

Read some TV critic's theory ages ago that this scene is framed to show the 'burial' of Walt. From that point on his character has broken bad, so to speak and the transformation to Heisenburg is complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Kafkaesque. Watch that episode last night. Watching it all again before the final 8 episodes.

I'm doing the same and introducing my girlfreind to it at the same time. Just about finished Season 1, it honestly still amazes me how it manages to improve not only season by season, but almost episode by episode.

Unquestionably the best programme I have ever watched.

I don't even watch Hollyoaks regularly, but

the glorious death scene of villain Brendan Brady was ruined by the writers deciding not to actually kill him and instead to put him in prison. It was really disappointing.

I can't imagine how upset I would be if Walter White wasn't given a sufficient death scene. No other ending seems remotely appropriate or acceptable.

Does anyone know who is directing the last episode?

EDIT: Just checked and saw it is Gilligan. Good to see Rian Johnson is back to direct an episode aswell. Fly is my favourite episode.

Edited by Stuart

Got all the way through it and loved it, without wanting to sound like Peter Griffin this and The Wire are head and shoulders above all other TV series for me. I often don't get into these things, my mate has recommended me so many and I often give up after 5 or 6 episodes, this however was fantastic.

I'm going to watch it all again before the new ones come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there will be a breaking bad spinoff next year as 'better call Saul' goes solo. Not confirmed yet but apparantly being pushed through

Damn it beat me to it lol been reading bits and bobs on twitter about it. Saul is one of the best characters in the series and potentially plenty to work on