Breaking Bad

Kejan

Another sublime episode of television. The tension was almost unbearable at points, and there were some laugh out loud moments as well. I don't even want to try and predict what's going to happen next, there're so many possibilities.

What I do know is that I want Walter White to win. I want him to win against everyone, Hank, Jessie, the DEA, Maree, absolutely fucking everyone. I have never, ever been so enthralled, amazed, shocked and impressed by a TV character before. Bryan Cranston, over the course of 5 brilliant seasons of television has given one of the finest acting performances I have ever seen.

The way he has gone seemlessly from this -

post-30544-0-79876000-1378208988.jpg

to this -

post-30544-0-88674600-1378208559.jpg

has been absolutely amazing. I genuinely cannot wait for these 4 episodes of television. I also genuinely believe we're watching the end of the finest television programme ever made.

post-30544-0-32237200-1378208868.jpg

Edited by J_Stewart

Aye, Cranston has done a wonderful job. The rest of them have too though. The casting for the entire show has been inspired. I suppose Skylar has been a weak area at times. I'd say everyone else though has been terrific.

And yeah, if it ends well, I'd say it's the best TV show of all time.

always wondered if Walts recent obsession with getting so much money was going back to his anger at the Gray Matter company he founded. His friends continued on and became millionaires while he had to wallow in teaching and a 2nd job to meet ends meet.

Could this be that he wanted his own "empire" to show that he still had the intelligence and drive to do it?

Skylenberg to one side for a moment, I thought that Hank writing off Jesse as collateral damage showed him to be every bit as amoral as Walt. A possible twist might be that Walt's call to Meth Damon was in fact about Hank, rather than Jesse, although I don't see it personally.

jesse has presumably just told hank about all the people they killed, you can't blame hank for not caring about what happens to him.

besides jesse is by any measure one of the thickest characters to ever appear on a tv show. confess all your horrible crimes to two DEA officers on tape without every inquiring what will happen after you take mr white down, what a douchebag.

And he very obviously cares about Jesse, and there was another example of it this week. The very idea of Jesse being killed nearly had him strangling folk.

until he phoned up todd to request that his nazi uncles murder him?

jesse has presumably just told hank about all the people they killed, you can't blame hank for not caring about what happens to him.

besides jesse is by any measure one of the thickest characters to ever appear on a tv show. confess all your horrible crimes to two DEA officers on tape without every inquiring what will happen after you take mr white down, what a douchebag.

until he phoned up todd to request that his nazi uncles murder him?

To be fair to Jessie he is a mess between his guilt over what happened to the little kid and the rest of what he has done starting to take its toll causing him to fall back into drug dependancy. Tho he has shown at times he can be quite switched on

Walt knows there is no turning Jessie back now, he put out the olive branch when most others (see his chat with Saul) would of taken him out at that point. The fact he has waited this long despite the problems Jessie has caused shows how much he cared about him

always wondered if Walts recent obsession with getting so much money was going back to his anger at the Gray Matter company he founded. His friends continued on and became millionaires while he had to wallow in teaching and a 2nd job to meet ends meet.

Could this be that he wanted his own "empire" to show that he still had the intelligence and drive to do it?

He pretty much said that was why he did it. Can't remember which episode it was in.

He pretty much said that was why he did it. Can't remember which episode it was in.

I think it was in the episode 'Buyout', episode 6 of season 5, when Walt manipulates Jesse into staying in the meth business with him by telling him the Gray Matter story. It's the same episode as the infamous awkward dinner scene between Walt, Skyler and Jesse, with Skyler's detached behaviour prompting Walt to say to Jesse that the meth empire is all he has left.

my predictions going forward....

jesse's comment about hurting him 'where he lives' obviously doesn't relate to his house, or his family because that's not jesse's style. he is probably going to try and ruin the heisenberg reputation. i think we'll see jesse making shite meth (with hank and gomez assisting) and ruining the 'brand' to draw walt out.

this will draw walt back into the lab with lydia, todd and the nazi uncles. walter and the nazis will fall out which is why he is going back with the machine gun.

'the lamberts' will be safely set up in their new life provided by saul's guy and walt will return to take out the nazis (possibly as revenge for them killing jesse and hank). the final scene will be walter sitting beside the pool smoking the ricin cigarette.

Edited by T_S_A_R

my predictions going forward....

jesse's comment about hurting him 'where he lives' obviously doesn't relate to his house, or his family because that's not jesse's style. he is probably going to try and ruin the heisenberg reputation. i think we'll see jesse making shite meth (with hank and gomez assisting) and ruining the 'brand' to draw walt out.

this will draw walt back into the lab with lydia, todd and the nazi uncles. walter and the nazis will fall out which is why he is going back with the machine gun.

'the lamberts' will be safely set up in their new life provided by saul's guy and walt will return to take out the nazis (possibly as revenge for them killing jesse and hank). the final scene will be walter sitting beside the pool smoking the ricin cigarette.

Perhaps. I think that 'where he lives' relates to his family. Jesse surely wouldn't kill Walt's children or wife, but I could easily see him telling Walt Jr everything. That would be the last thing Walt would want to happen.

Think we can all get a bit carried away expecting a few plot twists and a murder or so in every episode. Episode 2 seemed a bit less gripping than 1 but it set up an unbelievable bit of TV in ep 3. Same here, everything's poised brilliantly for what comes next.

With Gomez now on board, Skyler seemingly now an evil bitch, Meth Damon re-entering the fold and Jessie fully turned against Walt, everyone has their balls out. :thumsup2

Aye thats true, got the cold just now so can't really concentrate properly. Will give the episode another shot before next monday.

I'm also on Walt's side. I just love seeing Hank getting screwed over, I get a weird kick out of it.