Breaking Bad

Kejan

I started watching Breaking Bad back in 2012 I think? Got to the middle of the second series and wasn't particularly thrilled

Over the last 3-4 months I decided to rewatch it and finally saw the last 3 episodes last night. Really, really fucking dark really quickly. What an ending. I haven't watched Sopranos/The Wire so easily the best thing I've watched. I managed to avoid all spoilers so everything was a surprise. Not sure what i can watch now that'll even come close.

23 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

I started watching Breaking Bad back in 2012 I think? Got to the middle of the second series and wasn't particularly thrilled

Over the last 3-4 months I decided to rewatch it and finally saw the last 3 episodes last night. Really, really fucking dark really quickly. What an ending. I haven't watched Sopranos/The Wire so easily the best thing I've watched. I managed to avoid all spoilers so everything was a surprise. Not sure what i can watch now that'll even come close.

I never really liked the ending that much for some reason.
I thought the Gus Fring/ Hector Salamanca storyline was amazing and it was difficult to keep that up in the last season/s. There were obviously some great episodes in there though.
Possible slight general story arc spoiler of Better Call Saul coming up...

I think that's why im liking the recent season of Better Call Saul so much. It went from being a Saul Goodman prequal early on, to basically a Gus/Hector storyline prequal now.

On 06/09/2019 at 17:15, Adam101 said:

I re watched the last series to remind me what the film is coming off the back of, I was expecting to eek it out over the month but ended up bingeing it in a day

16 episodes in a day? FFS!

i did all 5 series in about 3 weeks. Of course, it had the knock-on effect of having horrific dreams of being chased by machete-wielding Mexican gangsters. 

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

i did all 5 series in about 3 weeks. Of course, it had the knock-on effect of having horrific dreams of being chased by machete-wielding Mexican gangsters. 

I couldn't stop watching it, I just kept saying one more episode

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This had reminded me of something. Was it ever explained why that episode started with loads of Mexicans crawling along the ground? I was never sure what that was about and not sure it was ever referenced again. 

This had reminded me of something. Was it ever explained why that episode started with loads of Mexicans crawling along the ground? I was never sure what that was about and not sure it was ever referenced again. 
Was that the one where they were swimming across a river near the border before crawling? Season 2?
Didn't they find Tuco's shiny teeth thing just after?
I might be thinking of something else. I think the first scene invloving the Mexican psycho twins had crawling too.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't think there's much to explain. It's just part of their religious ceremony that they have to crawl on their hands and knees, no matter who you are? 

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/14618/why-were-the-villagers-and-the-axe-wielding-hitman-brothers-crawling-towards-a-s

Mind you, a few ideas got binned throughout the series, such as Skyler flogging shit on eBay and Marie's kleptomania. 

Just reached the start of the 3rd season and had a look to see what they say about the crawling/Santa Muerte. Annoyingly there's no commentary on that episode of the boxset. They do talk about it in the video podcast clip they have on the DVD though.
Vince Gilligan briefly explains the crawling. It's basically a showing of devotion to allow their prayers to be answered. Overall, Santa Muerte (Saint Death) is an offshoot of Catholicism where there is no distinction between good and bad prayers. Gilligan says you can pray for your ill granddaughter to get better. Cranston then interupts to says you can also pray that your little shit of a grandson is killed.

I don't think its an accident that we also see one of the twins crawling towards Walt later on in the season too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2019 at 20:04, DigOutYourSoul said:

“Person of interest who fled the scene”

He’s alive!

Even if he was alive, there’s no way he could have fled considering how many cops there were in the final scene, and nobody around to back him up.

A couple of new trailers have been released. 

Can't really tell much about what's going on here (which is a good thing) but I'm hoping there's not too much of Jesse moping about feeling sorry for himself. 

One more! Good to see "Joe" back ...

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a rewatch of this. Enjoying it but with some of the same observations (so far) as I mind from last time. I am on season 2. The tension between Walt and Skyler, the way they interact is brilliant. Very much like real life!

I dislike ALL of the characters though, except Saul and Mike who havent appeared yet. Everyone else is arseholes. Doesnt stop it being very good but its a harder watch than some box sets because of it.