Breaking Bad

Kejan

Breaking Bad is one of those series that I've never re-visited after I finished it and I had drifted away from BCS by the end of the first season so I half expected to find myself just patching this after 20-30 mins like I've found myself doing with loads of other Netflix produced stuff but I really enjoyed El Camino.

It's a really nice reminder of how good the original series was and as others have said it adds closure. Some performance from Aaron Paul too.

Still can't get over how fat Todd got. Terrible professionalism. 

Every time he shags Kirsten Dunst, she gets him a couple of pepperoni pizzas, a couple of nice hot pies and a six pack of ice cold beer!!!

Hmm. A good performance from Paul and a pleasant cameo from Cranston, the end scene with him driving was a nice end to his story, just wish there was more ‘shitttttttt’ moments like in 95% of the BB episodes. 

Yep, terrible about Bob Forster passing on the same day it’s released.

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Watching the last five episodes before El Camino. Just finished Ozymandias. It remains the greatest episode of television ever created. Absolutely flawless from start to finish. Television perfection.

Agreed. Oxymandias was a triumph, the one where he was snowing it up in the arse-end of nowhere was fine but you could never really do much with it. Felina / Finale was quite the nonsense but okay, and El Camino definitely was a better way to end it. 

Better Call Saul however ... :(

Agreed. Oxymandias was a triumph, the one where he was snowing it up in the arse-end of nowhere was fine but you could never really do much with it. Felina / Finale was quite the nonsense but okay, and El Camino definitely was a better way to end it. 
Better Call Saul however ... [emoji20]

Nah, as much as I thought El Camino was okay... Breaking Bad > Better Call Saul > El Camino

I'm with the Cardinal on this - I patched Better Call Saul after the first season became a chore but I rather enjoyed El Camino.
Saul's story isn't particularly good, especially the ridiculous brother storyline. But, without giving spoilers, the general storylines of breaking bad comes into it more in season 3 & 4.
It's almost overlapped the start of Breaking Bad now. Not sure they can go beyond a 5th season unless it morphs into a sequal or something.

Seen a lot of people complaining about it on Facebook saying how shit it was. I don't get all the criticism. Yes it was quite slow at some parts but so was BB. My only criticism was the weight of plump Todd. They should have made him go on a diet and training regime to get back in shape for the part.

I also really enjoyed it, was engrossed the full duration and it seemed to fly by. A solid 8/10 at least.
Did the film really need to be made? Not really.
Am I really, really glad it was? Absolutely.
Yip, agreed. I was worried that it was going to be Jesse on the run, but it was very much Jesse on the run. Really stripped back.

It's a film that's made a few times a year and I'll probably forget about it by next week, but I really enjoyed it, I'm glad it exists, and it certainly didn't do the ending of BB any harm.

On 14/10/2019 at 15:58, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Seen a lot of people complaining about it on Facebook saying how shit it was. I don't get all the criticism. Yes it was quite slow at some parts but so was BB. My only criticism was the weight of plump Todd. They should have made him go on a diet and training regime to get back in shape for the part.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Gilligan should’ve insisted on it. He looks horrendous.