Breaking Bad

Kejan

I dislike ALL of the characters though, except Saul and Mike who havent appeared yet. Everyone else is arseholes. Doesnt stop it being very good but its a harder watch than some box sets because of it.

I blitzed it all the past couple of weeks in time for El Camino.

Agree pretty much about them all the main characters being c***s, except Mike and Saul.

Special mentions go to Huell and Kudy for being great though.

6D116F0C-59BA-4270-A821-2040D3235A12-794-00000037947D971E.jpg.a81ee87efcbe14de5aeaa1e3ce3b5aab.jpg

Just watched El Camino. Thought it was an excellent way to round off the series.

Particularly enjoyed the flashbacks to Jessie’s time as a prisoner. The scene with Todd in the desert shows how broken he was.

It was good to see him drive off into the sunset, or snow in this case, at the end.

Pretty much leaves us where we ended in the original series. Don’t get me wrong, it was pretty solid but it felt like there was something missing.
Surely the police will still be looking for him? I know Alaska is remote but are you telling me nobody there would recognise him?

Very good film though. 2 hours flew by despite it being a slow paced film.

Pretty much leaves us where we ended in the original series. Don’t get me wrong, it was pretty solid but it felt like there was something missing.
I feel the same. It was ok but not really necessary.
It's difficult to criticise Breaking Bad but some of the flashbacks got on my nerves a bit due to how much older they looked compared to the original timeline. El Camino took this to the extreme. They unsurprisingly looked significantly older and sound different. It just felt weird seeing Todd/Walt/Jane like that.

Still got Better Call Saul.

Was decent enough, quite enjoyed it. Especially the start, it maybe tailed off a bit towards the end. Still think it might have been better just to leave it how it was as the last few episodes were pretty much perfect television. 

Does leave it open for more films, especially once BCS finishes as wouldn't be amazed if they had another film to tie those two endings together.

Failing that, maybe a Skinny Pete/Badger spin off? That would be ace. 

Enjoyable - and certainly didn't drag out as much as BCS. Apart from the obvious that he's going to get spotted a mile off in Alaska, I thought the shootout was a bit ridiculous / contrived and didn't really fit in with Jesse not wanting to hurt anyone. 

Re: all the flashbacks. Everyone looked fine to me, except of course Todd. WTF happened there? Christian Bale and Robert De Niro managed to lose a shedload of weight for their roles - all Todd had to do was lay off the pies for a few months.