Evil Neighbours Thread

15 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's not particularly unusual for our wheelie bins to blow over once they've been emptied.  The small food bins once emptied regularly end up well away from where they were left.  Not helped by the bin men chucking the emptied food bins from half way across the road.

I may be at fault for not getting up at 6.30 a.m. to sit at my door to retrieve them but I doubt I'm alone in that.  

image.jpeg.a365629120a0cd878847ecae2763fa67.jpeg

On 18/07/2024 at 11:13, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No. Why do the bins need to sit next to the kerb? 

Because it’s a street and folk park their cars there. Bins next to the kerb mean folk can’t get out their cars. 

Official Aberdeenshire guidance (with a nice pic so @Melanius Mullarkey can understand!

Screenshot_2024-07-31-10-14-53-204_com.google.android_apps_docs.thumb.jpg.5c0225fdd256907976d4e83b5264acc9.jpg

On 29/07/2024 at 10:08, Melanius Mullarkey said:

To go round and kick them in the head?

Could work I suppose.

Pretty sure there's laws about creating a racket past a certain time without a good reason

50 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Surely you leave the handle road-side for the binmen to grab?

Aberdeenshire guidance was as per the picture.  I think this was to do with the use of self loading lorries with the arms that gripped the bins and emptied them straight into the lorry.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Surely you leave the handle road-side for the binmen to grab?

It’s probably some H&S nonsense - Joe Public haven’t done the training on manoeuvring the bin while placing themselves in an active traffic lane so you just stay safe on the pavement and let the qualified technicians deal with it. 

8 hours ago, strichener said:

Aberdeenshire guidance was as per the picture.  I think this was to do with the use of self loading lorries with the arms that gripped the bins and emptied them straight into the lorry.

Probably. The arm is up and over, so placing the hinge to the street would limit the emptying of the bin easily, when the hinge away results in a quick slide out for the rubbish.

I have neighbours that aren't evil as such, just lazy, feckless, useless idiots.

Basically the scenario is that I live in a boring, quiet suburban street. There's no through traffic to speak of, kids playing football in the middle of the road, etc. It's all semis and most of the street is populated with either folk with young kids (e.g. us) or old dears who have been there forever.
Except - there's one house a few doors diagonally opposite me with a couple in their 30s. They look a bit like Wayne and Waynetta Slob. Their garden is a tip and, without getting too pearl-clutching about it, their house is a dump.

Most of the time it's just a bit of an eyesore, and people can do what they like with their own homes, but what really pisses everyone off is that they had this dog that they would just let out to go shit because they were too lazy/stupid/ugly to take for a walk. It was some sort of greyhound type beast, and what little I know of those dogs is that they only really need 1 walk a day, but that's too much effort for them. They had a dog-walker come round to run it each day. Their whole garden was just a mess of dogshit and stank in the summer. Like really stank.

Anyway, the poor beast finally died and at last things were looking up. But I wandered past the other day and the mother of one of them was in the garden clearing away weeds and so on. She does this once or twice a year for her offspring. f**k knows why. Sometimes she even comes and does it while they're away on holiday. As I went past I overheard them speaking and the daughter was saying that their new puppy would be ready soon and they they would be going to collect it. Clearly the waist-high weeds are being cleared so that the new dog has somewhere to shit all over.

What should we do? Laxative chocolate won't work as they clearly don't mind living surrounded by dogshit. I was wondering if it could be considered a health and safety issue, assuming the garden ends up being a toilet again?

23 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I have neighbours that aren't evil as such, just lazy, feckless, useless idiots.

Basically the scenario is that I live in a boring, quiet suburban street. There's no through traffic to speak of, kids playing football in the middle of the road, etc. It's all semis and most of the street is populated with either folk with young kids (e.g. us) or old dears who have been there forever.
Except - there's one house a few doors diagonally opposite me with a couple in their 30s. They look a bit like Wayne and Waynetta Slob. Their garden is a tip and, without getting too pearl-clutching about it, their house is a dump.

Most of the time it's just a bit of an eyesore, and people can do what they like with their own homes, but what really pisses everyone off is that they had this dog that they would just let out to go shit because they were too lazy/stupid/ugly to take for a walk. It was some sort of greyhound type beast, and what little I know of those dogs is that they only really need 1 walk a day, but that's too much effort for them. They had a dog-walker come round to run it each day. Their whole garden was just a mess of dogshit and stank in the summer. Like really stank.

Anyway, the poor beast finally died and at last things were looking up. But I wandered past the other day and the mother of one of them was in the garden clearing away weeds and so on. She does this once or twice a year for her offspring. f**k knows why. Sometimes she even comes and does it while they're away on holiday. As I went past I overheard them speaking and the daughter was saying that their new puppy would be ready soon and they they would be going to collect it. Clearly the waist-high weeds are being cleared so that the new dog has somewhere to shit all over.

What should we do? Laxative chocolate won't work as they clearly don't mind living surrounded by dogshit. I was wondering if it could be considered a health and safety issue, assuming the garden ends up being a toilet again?

Absolutely riles me the f**k up people who have dogs and either don't look after them properly and / or don't train them, shouldn't be allowed a f**king dog. I have dogs all around me, street is obsessed with yappy dogs, one thing I can say is they all get out for walks regularly but all of them yap at each other / anything that moves as they are always outside. 

Anyway, if the new puppy truly seems to be neglected, not walked and living in poor conditions you can report it to the SSPCA. Unfortunately as far as I know the criteria for neglect is quite in favour of the dog owners, unless the dog is visibly malnourished, not being cared for and living in a complete hovel they'll probs be fine. If they are total slobs, living in a bit of a messy house, letting their dog shit outside all year round, they will probably just be told clean up your shit and walk your f**king dog.  

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my investigations on the noisy c***s in the retail park. It would appear that they did not have the Building Warrant in place for this work (as was pointed out by my fellow grass @greendot above) and the wifie from Building Control is now investigating further. I very much doubt anything will happen but im going to do my utmost to at least get a compo face photo in the Courier out of this whole sorry debacle. 

On 02/08/2024 at 10:26, thistledo said:

Absolutely riles me the f**k up people who have dogs and either don't look after them properly and / or don't train them, shouldn't be allowed a f**king dog. I have dogs all around me, street is obsessed with yappy dogs, one thing I can say is they all get out for walks regularly but all of them yap at each other / anything that moves as they are always outside.

We have a wee b@st@rd of a yapper a couple of gardens over at the back and every weekend without fail, the wailing whining barking mutt is let out into the back green at 7 am to wake up the neighbourhood. I keep thinking of a Dr.Evil fantasy whereby the surrounding neighbours and myself all chip in to buy a drone with a grabber claw (Ukraine stylee) and we load it with cyanide-laced chunks of steak and drop it in said garden.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Update on my investigations on the noisy c***s in the retail park. It would appear that they did not have the Building Warrant in place for this work (as was pointed out by my fellow grass @greendot above) and the wifie from Building Control is now investigating further. I very much doubt anything will happen but im going to do my utmost to at least get a compo face photo in the Courier out of this whole sorry debacle. 

There may be a chance they get an enforcement action put into place but they may in turn just ignore it and carry on as they'll no doubt have a deadline to meet for the works which hasn't allowed for the inconvenience of getting the paperwork sorted out. Also the timeframes have probably come from head office (read as England) so they're free to do work once planning is in place and have work inspected regularly where as we obtain planning then building warrant to ensure the work will be carried out correctly.

13 minutes ago, greendot said:

There may be a chance they get an enforcement action put into place but they may in turn just ignore it and carry on as they'll no doubt have a deadline to meet for the works which hasn't allowed for the inconvenience of getting the paperwork sorted out. Also the timeframes have probably come from head office (read as England) so they're free to do work once planning is in place and have work inspected regularly where as we obtain planning then building warrant to ensure the work will be carried out correctly.

I’m opening a whole can of whoopass on them either way.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see Mrs Mullarkey has been practicing her compo face

IMG_5281.thumb.jpeg.29e6cfe5acf67add869e2bc2c984a15c.jpeg

15 hours ago, greendot said:

Is there a timeframe for the council giving someone a completion certificate?