Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The whole thing is inherently unfair it has to be said. 

I benefited but I’m not really sure what the rationale is for a ‘pre sale’ the night before if it’s just at random. 

Not necessarily advocating a return to the overnight queues on the street but at least nobody could argue the fairness really. 

Im also f**ked off at the SRU handing out tickets to rugby clubs which is a bit off, albeit probably just part of the game. 

I now believe that the "pre sale" is purely done so that they can then justify rinsing folk the following day with the dynamic pricing. 

Sure I read that dynamic pricing is designed to match the touts on viagogo etc to put more money in the artists pockets.

So if they get  x amount of tickets out at "face value" the day before for say £100 and then like clockwork immediately afterwards the touts are selling them at £400 a pop. They can then justify inflating the "face value" to 3/4 times what it was 24 hours before that. It's an f**king absolute scam. 

Oasis have a f**king cheek putting out that tweet about tickets only being sold a face value. 

When does the time come when people say enough is enough and stop paying these prices. 

31 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

When does the time come when people say enough is enough and stop paying these prices. 

Never. People will be over the odds for anything to be able to say they were there. There’s enough morons out there to encourage Ticketmaster to behave this way. 

I’m going on both the Friday and Tuesday at Murrayfield. One standing, one sitting. 

What a buzz. What a time it’ll be. This is going to be absolute peak - don’t remember there being as big a build up and hype to a gig ever. 

1 minute ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I’m going on both the Friday and Tuesday at Murrayfield. One standing, one sitting. 

What a buzz. What a time it’ll be. This is going to be absolute peak - don’t remember there being as big a build up and hype to a gig ever. 

Sorry to piss on your parade but this won't be absolute peak. Peak for Oasis was about 25-30 years ago. This will be tame in comparison to some of the gigs around that time.

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Never. People will be over the odds for anything to be able to say they were there. There’s enough morons out there to encourage Ticketmaster to behave this way. 

Agreed.

It's obscene how gigs, stadium shows in particular, are managed ticket wise.

The hotel industry are just as bad. £6,000 for a grotty B&B on the night of the gig? Aye, no bother.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Sorry to piss on your parade but this won't be absolute peak. Peak for Oasis was about 25-30 years ago. This will be tame in comparison to some of the gigs around that time.

In relative terms - I’ve never seen them live before. I had a chance to see them at the Corn Exchange in the mid-2000s and passed it up (was only about 14/15 at the time). Mega regret and this is my redemption! They are my favourite band of all time by a landslide. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

17 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

You not get a ticket, mate? 

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You not get a ticket, mate? 

Attempted for about 5 minutes then decided not to waste my time. Wasn't going to pay £150 never mind £350. Seen them a couple of times early 00's. 

Think my days of attending gigs like this are probably done as just not willing to pay these prices. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Don’t pay to go. Sign up with G4S be a steward at the gigs and get paid to be there, free coat as well.

An old mate of mine did glass collection at the gig in Aberdeen in the late 90's. He got Noels autograph and didn't collect many glasses.

The c**t.

4 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Round ye. It's a moment I've waited most of my life for and I can't wait.

Edited by CALDERON

Didn't realise that Ticketmaster did dynamic pricing. They really are just touts. 

If you resale they also charge all the fees for a second time as well.

55 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m still raging at the dynamic pricing pish. I just wasn’t paying £498 for a seat that was £75 earlier. 

Was that for Murrayfield? What you have said is the worst I’ve heard , I’ve just seen someone say standing went from £150 to £360 but what you have said is impressively scummy behaviour.