Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Looks like all the shaggers are heading to Aberdeen. Pleasing. I’m glad I’m going to Aberdeen instead of Glasgow, will be my first gig there and something different.

Totally disagree with the above comments regarding the solo stuff, I’m a big fan of his new work. Looking forward to the likes of Shockwave, Wall of Glass and Bold.
For someone that's totally R n R, having a Grime artist as his support is baffling. I know his son is into that shite but dan't think that many going to an LG gig will have any interest in listening to that genre of music. Not to worry though, more pub time. [emoji846]
My mate highlighted this to me earlier, then played me some of the guys tunes.
I couldn't agree with you more. An astonishingly baffling choice of support. If he's subbing down south, he'll probably get some folk. But nobody at the important gigs (there's 3, work them out yourself) will be giving a toss. He'll do well to get a few hundred in.

As for the King, just like my good man@jamamafegan says, it's a comeback of Lazarus proportions. Made all the sweeter that he's attracting so many younger fans which in turn is making them oasis fans in the process.

Whatever your opinion is of Liam Gallagher, he's the last of the Rock N Roll stars. When he's gone, it's over. The last of his kind. How a rock star should be.

As he is, as he was, as he always will be!

A bit tempted by Aberdeen as the new venue is just up the road from me, but I'm not a huge Liam fan these days and got a bit bored of As You Were. 

Do people still sing Stand Free at big gigs in Aberdeen? 

Nah, a cnut is a bloke in a parka who charges punters to hear him sing his big brother’s songs.

He said Scotland is a third world country because of his childish spat with Lewis Capaldi, he’s a fud.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, a cnut is a bloke in a parka who charges punters to hear him sing his big brother’s songs.

Songs that made lots of money because of how they were sung. The lyrics are mostly gibberish. 

1 hour ago, Milnzo said:

Songs that made lots of money because of how they were sung. The lyrics are mostly gibberish. 

As I said in a previous post, Liam’s vocal delivery was unique. Oasis wouldn’t have been the same without him, and I love listening to Oasis, and Liam singing those songs... I happen to think he’s a bit of a walloper though, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love Oasis. As an aside, an ex-neighbour of mine once met the Gallagher brothers in a hotel, and he said they were both sound as a pound.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

He said Scotland is a third world country because of his childish spat with Lewis Capaldi, he’s a fud.

1. Third world doesn't mean deprived.

2. In the very same article he talks about how his wife is from Scotland.  In any other industry it would count as gentle ribbing.  In these reactionary times, it counts as xenophobia or something.  It's quite clearly a joke.  Now, to call him a fud is absolutely fair enough, but not because of a throwaway line in a rather rambling interview.

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

2. In the very same article he talks about how his wife is from Scotland.  In any other industry it would count as gentle ribbing.  In these reactionary times, it counts as xenophobia or something.  It's quite clearly a joke.  Now, to call him a fud is absolutely fair enough, but not because of a throwaway line in a rather rambling interview.

Wonder how many gags P&B users have made about ‘Paisley junkies’, or if a mate says they’re going to Liverpool, we tell them their motor will be on bricks, or St Mirren fans accuse Morton fans of soap avoidance, or, or....

Noel, and indeed his substantially less talented wee brother, might be fannies at times, but this whole Capaldi thing is fcuk-all to worry about.

Edited by pozbaird

It’s still another example of him being a fud and crossing the line of being quite funny to just being an arsehole. I don’t take his comments about Scotland seriously and neither do most folk in Scotland but if you’ve personally made millions of pounds from people from a certain country then maybe don’t be so quick to slag that country off, even if it’s in a joking manner.

Noel has been round this circle a few times with various people. This works for both of them to wind each other up. Don’t believe for a second that Noel hasn’t raised a smile at Lewis Capaldi seizing the opportunity to up his own rep....and being relatively funny at the same time. Problem I see with Lewis Capaldi is that so many folk primarily see him as a joke figure rather than a musician. The Sun etc. Will be gunning for him in a few months once he gets a bit boring. Good on him ripping the hole out of it the now but I can’t see him being spoken about in 4/5 years.

Just listened to that slowthai boy [emoji38] Utter tragic, what the f**k is going on.
Liam Gallagher must like him if he wanted him to support the tour. I was impressed by the Slowthai album, it's different from other 'grime' I've heard and he is clearly a talented young man. Personally, I'd rather be at a Slowthai gig than either of the Gallagher brothers.

Liam Gallagher must like him if he wanted him to support the tour. I was impressed by the Slowthai album, it's different from other 'grime' I've heard and he is clearly a talented young man. Personally, I'd rather be at a Slowthai gig than either of the Gallagher brothers.

I doubt Liam Gallagher gives a flying fig who supports him.

Noel Gallagher is supporting the Smashing Pumpkins and admits he doesn’t really like them. At that level it’s all about selling tickets.

• 2 weeks later...