Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The papal visit in 1982 seems to be a thing with them. Seemingly life in Scotland has been flushed down the U Bend since that fateful day. I’m not Catholic, but to me, it was a day for Catholics to go to and enjoy, should it be their thing. I’m struggling to see why my life has been fcuked pretty much since that day. Nope, it hasn’t, because I’m a sane, balanced individual. 😀

To be fair I believe a lot of Celtic fans  are still fizzing about the Lutheran Princes letter of protestation in 1529. 

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Imagine being one of the 'decent' Rangers fans. Sitting at Ibrox, looking at the abject scum that surrounds you and thinking 'Aye, this is the place for me'.

😀

Every Rangers fan is a wrong'un.

The mental gymnastics are quite something from the 'decent' fans of said club. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The papal visit in 1982 seems to be a thing with them. Seemingly life in Scotland has been flushed down the U Bend since that fateful day. I’m not Catholic, but to me, it was a day for Catholics to go to and enjoy, should it be their thing. I’m struggling to see why my life has been fcuked pretty much since that day. Nope, it hasn’t, because I’m a sane, balanced individual. 😀

Without knowing it, obviously the Pope was behind Aberdeen's majestic European Cup Winners Cup win.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Without knowing it, obviously the Pope was behind Aberdeen's majestic European Cup Winners Cup win.

Some boi, the Pope. Probably responsible for St Mirren’s three losing early 80s Scottish Cup semi finals. Took us until 1987 to recover from his 1982 visit before finally winning the thing. Maybe those Ranjurs types are onto something. 😜

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yeah, I just don’t get it. When they were on “the journey” every lower league club was exposed to the bile & vitriol. 

The anti-catholic songs & sentiments  aren’t just saved for (perceived) catholic clubs, no! We all had to endure that pish, I remember at the time, excuses being made that the away support tended to be more militant than the home support. Bullshit! 

If either club wanted to, they’d be rid of the wanks in the crowd immediately, the fact is, they need them, it’s sickening & a blight on our game. 

Delving into the club dedicated sites is just going to make you feel awful about Scottish Society.

Both equally guilty IMO. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I sat and explained to a ‘decent’ fan that him sitting in silence meant he was an enabler for their behaviour, it slowly sank in in a ‘are we the baddies?’ scenario.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

I sat and explained to a ‘decent’ fan that him sitting in silence meant he was an enabler for their behaviour, it slowly sank in in a ‘are we the baddies?’ scenario.

I’m pretty sure I know a couple of decent The Rangers fans. Hold on, I’m thinking who I know. In a meaningful way, not just someone I once played a round of golf with or something. Two Celtic fans. One Partick fan. One Dundee fan. Multiple St Mirren fans. Two Ayr Utd fans. Four The Rangers fans. Nope - kunts the four of them. 😀

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I’m pretty sure I know a couple of decent The Rangers fans. Hold on, I’m thinking who I know. In a meaningful way, not just someone I once played a round of golf with or something. Two Celtic fans. One Partick fan. One Dundee fan. Multiple St Mirren fans. Two Ayr Utd fans. Four The Rangers fans. Nope - kunts the four of them. 😀

I know plenty decent sorts who support Rangers. 

It doesn't define them.

Thankfully.

Football is clearly not for these people and they need to get something else in their life, people who let their football team dictate their entire life are tragic, who they can be pals with, marry,  their political allegiance, where they go on holiday all based off thst fact they support a certain football team! 

Afraid to break it, it's just not that important, do these people genuinely believe it's all some big catholic conspiracy started by the pope or did the pope just say to his follows be the best you can be? 

Can't beleive I'm defending the pope here as I think we would be better off without religion at all! 

And the boy saying, look at the Saudis they have the right idea, Holy f**k  aye let's copy the highly regarded Saudis cause no one ever has a bad thing to say about them! 

A truly depressing glimpse of Scotland and scottish football 

Edit - I fact it's not Scotland, it's rangers fans based on that forum! 

Edited by Albertlegend

I’d doubt a huge number of them really believe it. 

You find in echo chambers like one club forums you get guys who just seem to want to fit in and appear to take quite extreme positions based on an underlying culture around the club. 

For balance, you see on afc chat it often becomes a pseudo-competition as to who can hate rangers the most that often spills into saying some genuinely shocking things.

Its the main reason I never go on afc chat and have always preferred the opposing views on P&B. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d doubt a huge number of them really believe it. 

You find in echo chambers like one club forums you get guys who just seem to want to fit in and appear to take quite extreme positions based on an underlying culture around the club. 

Even their thread about the away fans gov proposals is hilarious. Several of them talking about the SNP nanny state, natzis and draconian measures.

Then it is pointed out by a couple of folk on thread that its stemming from UKgov and SNP actually oppose it.

Back down? Nah, double down - 'Well they will find a way to go even more draconian. They'll also ask Celtic to see how they can work it to inconvenience bears for maximum effect'

Absolutely wonderful stuff.