Depression

Wait, so if you say you're depressed it basically gives you carte blanche to do whatever you want/shag anything you want?

Was wondering the same. Is wanting your hole now a mental illness?

No Adam, adopting self destructive behaviours to undermine the good things in your life is part and parcel of many mental illnesses.

It's not carte Blanche or an excuse. It's a reality of the illness. One might get the short adrenaline rush of shagging but then the reality hits.

Sex can be used as a means to undermine your self esteem and back up negative issues of self.

It's not as straight forward as just having a shag. Well it might be but sex can be used as a self harm method.

We're men, a shags a shag, nothing more.

No Adam, adopting self destructive behaviours to undermine the good things in your life is part and parcel of many mental illnesses.

It's not carte Blanche or an excuse. It's a reality of the illness. One might get the short adrenaline rush of shagging but then the reality hits.

Sex can be used as a means to undermine your self esteem and back up negative issues of self.

It's not as straight forward as just having a shag. Well it might be but sex can be used as a self harm method.

Fair enough, never really thought of it like that, more that people may blame their infidelity on an illness.

Oh f**k off Sarge, you are an arse

As for me, I know I am an arse. I am having a hard time not working at the moment as I am genuinely regarded as "unfit to work" I actually feel fine.

I just feel very lonely, I miss my work

Oh f**k off Sarge, you are an arse

As for me, I know I am an arse. I am having a hard time not working at the moment as I am genuinely regarded as "unfit to work" I actually feel fine.

I just feel very lonely, I miss my work

It's a joke about Adam's post you stupid old c**t, Not a comment about the thread in general.

I can't justify it, as I said I've done awful things in my life.

One of the diagnoses I've had in informal settings -discussions with counsellors that I stopped going to when it got a bit much - is bipolar and I do kind of fit it, a bit. I often get periods where I do reckless, stupid things that I wouldn't normally do - massive drinking binges, infidelity in utterly ridiculous situations (married women, spending £500 on strippers etc), taking drugs. Then when I get down periods the fact I've done these things almost dominates my brain.

I can completely understand what people are saying, I kind of agree with you and one reason that I stopped going to the counsellor is that I thought they were just putting a label on poor behaviour, being a dick. Being a dick isn't an illness and I just thought that I was unhapy because I was an immature arsehole but now I don't really know.

No councillor should be offering psychiatric diagnosis without feeding back to a GP to allow proper psychiatric evaluation. If you are bipolar there are medication combinations to help. People can go years without relapse once in correct combination.

But only person who can get help is you, if you want it.

I was diagnosed bpd 8 years ago and while labels don't always help, it helped me when I got urges to behave in ways I was uncomfortable with. I had it under control for about 6 years until I had another breakdown a yr past the summer.

I’ve been having quite a few dreams about my ex recently. I broke up with her nearly 4 years ago and I haven’t spoken to her since roughly mid 2011 at which point she deleted her Facebook account and has never contacted me since. I had a pretty powerful last night that left me really happy until I woke up. I was alright until I got in to work at which point I felt really sad. I so nearly just turned around and went home. I started feeling pretty terrible and for a good 20 minutes sat feeling just dreadful. It’s mostly passed now.

I think it’s just lonliness that’s causing these dreams. I’ve been single for nearly 4 years now, and it’s just pish. It’s embarrassing as well (4 YEARS?!) and just makes me feel pretty worthless at times.

Anyway, whiny moan over.

Similar situation to you but I've found that in the last few months it helps to just put issues into a box, of sorts, and just say f**k it that's only one small part of life and if it's not happening then don't let it destroy everything else.

Not easy to do but it helps for me anyway.

Similar situation to you but I've found that in the last few months it helps to just put issues into a box, of sorts, and just say f**k it that's only one small part of life and if it's not happening then don't let it destroy everything else.

Not easy to do but it helps for me anyway.

Kind of like CBT - you can't control your emotions, but you can certainly control how you react to them.

It takes practise, repitition and is hard work - but it'd be amazing to not have to internalise and over-analyse every tiny little detail.

I’ve been having quite a few dreams about my ex recently. I broke up with her nearly 4 years ago and I haven’t spoken to her since roughly mid 2011 at which point she deleted her Facebook account and has never contacted me since. I had a pretty powerful last night that left me really happy until I woke up. I was alright until I got in to work at which point I felt really sad. I so nearly just turned around and went home. I started feeling pretty terrible and for a good 20 minutes sat feeling just dreadful. It’s mostly passed now.

I think it’s just lonliness that’s causing these dreams. I’ve been single for nearly 4 years now, and it’s just pish. It’s embarrassing as well (4 YEARS?!) and just makes me feel pretty worthless at times.

Anyway, whiny moan over.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry. With technology advancing the way it is, and the tens of apps available out there on the market, meeting some-one couldn't be easier. Being from Dundee, you might have to settle for ladies with six fingers and webbed toes, but it's the inside that counts right? :)

People keep saying you can't be comfortable in a relationship unless you're comfortable with yourself - not sure how I feel about that, seems a bit cliched/chick-flick stuff.

Anyway, whiny moan over.

I've not had a partner for around seven years. Just been treated like so much shoite over the years, yet I know not all men are bassas.

It's just stopped me looking for anyone. Too much pain in the past.

Don't give up. You will meet someone when you don't expect it!

I've been single for 18 months. Was the best thing I've done dumping my ex.

Have felt up and down at times, I'm just putting that down to being fed up at nights with not much to do.

Been about 18 months for me too, slightly different circumstances mind.

Can't say I'm particularly concerned by it most of the time, just some nights it's a bit of a downer trying to sleep in "our" bed on my own (I still sleep on the same side as I always did. Wasn't actually planning on finding another partner after Mrs. RN #2 died, it just happened, so you never know.........

Feeling a bit pissed off after tonight after training.

Basically i'm struggling to get a game for my first team yet i'm rated quite a lot by coaches, my teammates and opposition players. It's similar to why Griffiths isn't getting a chance at Celtic and before anyone ask i haven't got 4 bairns.

Edited by Eoin Doyle