Depression

Similar situation to you but I've found that in the last few months it helps to just put issues into a box, of sorts, and just say f**k it that's only one small part of life and if it's not happening then don't let it destroy everything else.

Not easy to do but it helps for me anyway.

Similar situation to you but I've found that in the last few months it helps to just put issues into a box, of sorts, and just say f**k it that's only one small part of life and if it's not happening then don't let it destroy everything else.

Not easy to do but it helps for me anyway.

Kind of like CBT - you can't control your emotions, but you can certainly control how you react to them.

It takes practise, repitition and is hard work - but it'd be amazing to not have to internalise and over-analyse every tiny little detail.

I’ve been having quite a few dreams about my ex recently. I broke up with her nearly 4 years ago and I haven’t spoken to her since roughly mid 2011 at which point she deleted her Facebook account and has never contacted me since. I had a pretty powerful last night that left me really happy until I woke up. I was alright until I got in to work at which point I felt really sad. I so nearly just turned around and went home. I started feeling pretty terrible and for a good 20 minutes sat feeling just dreadful. It’s mostly passed now.

I think it’s just lonliness that’s causing these dreams. I’ve been single for nearly 4 years now, and it’s just pish. It’s embarrassing as well (4 YEARS?!) and just makes me feel pretty worthless at times.

Anyway, whiny moan over.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry. With technology advancing the way it is, and the tens of apps available out there on the market, meeting some-one couldn't be easier. Being from Dundee, you might have to settle for ladies with six fingers and webbed toes, but it's the inside that counts right? :)

People keep saying you can't be comfortable in a relationship unless you're comfortable with yourself - not sure how I feel about that, seems a bit cliched/chick-flick stuff.

I’ve been having quite a few dreams about my ex recently. I broke up with her nearly 4 years ago and I haven’t spoken to her since roughly mid 2011 at which point she deleted her Facebook account and has never contacted me since. I had a pretty powerful last night that left me really happy until I woke up. I was alright until I got in to work at which point I felt really sad. I so nearly just turned around and went home. I started feeling pretty terrible and for a good 20 minutes sat feeling just dreadful. It’s mostly passed now.

I think it’s just lonliness that’s causing these dreams. I’ve been single for nearly 4 years now, and it’s just pish. It’s embarrassing as well (4 YEARS?!) and just makes me feel pretty worthless at times.

Anyway, whiny moan over.

I've not had a partner for around seven years. Just been treated like so much shoite over the years, yet I know not all men are bassas.

It's just stopped me looking for anyone. Too much pain in the past.

Don't give up. You will meet someone when you don't expect it!

I've been single for 18 months. Was the best thing I've done dumping my ex.

Have felt up and down at times, I'm just putting that down to being fed up at nights with not much to do.

Been about 18 months for me too, slightly different circumstances mind.

Can't say I'm particularly concerned by it most of the time, just some nights it's a bit of a downer trying to sleep in "our" bed on my own (I still sleep on the same side as I always did. Wasn't actually planning on finding another partner after Mrs. RN #2 died, it just happened, so you never know.........

Feeling a bit pissed off after tonight after training.

Basically i'm struggling to get a game for my first team yet i'm rated quite a lot by coaches, my teammates and opposition players. It's similar to why Griffiths isn't getting a chance at Celtic and before anyone ask i haven't got 4 bairns.

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I've not had a partner for around seven years. Just been treated like so much shoite over the years, yet I know not all men are bassas.

It's just stopped me looking for anyone. Too much pain in the past.

Don't give up. You will meet someone when you don't expect it!

I ended up with almost all of my girlfriends during times where I stopped 'trying'. The one where I was turned out to be a psycho. Just saying.

I'm hating having an empty house every night. Even worse, when I go back to work I'll come "home" to a dark empty nothing of a house

I'm still waiting on a start date for my new job and the other half has been working in Norway for just over a week. Not been nice and I can't just ask friends out for drinks every single night, all of which are at work during the day. Can't imagine this all the time, or perhaps I'm just used to having the company?

I'm depressed.

Going to start checking this forum more often. The problem is that, when you're feeling OK, the last thing you want to do is be reminded of the down times. But also, it's not fair to have a quick moan and bugger off when you're feeling better.

So, I'm going to try and be less of a p***k, is what I'm saying :P

Much as I really enjoyed last night, going to work Thanksgiving party. it just reminded me how much I miss the people I work with every day (one in particular but that's another story). Felt like shyte last night coming "home" to an empty house. Still trying to get over the come-down, bugger!