Depression

Much as I really enjoyed last night, going to work Thanksgiving party. it just reminded me how much I miss the people I work with every day (one in particular but that's another story). Felt like shyte last night coming "home" to an empty house. Still trying to get over the come-down, bugger!

Thanks giving party? Are you away in America?

I seem to still have bi polar tendancies. Went into a,massive self loathing mode after failing a 4th year uni part of a course.

All i do when i get angry is eat and if i don't curb it, I'll end up undoing all the good hard work I've done the past 18 months in the gym and out running

I have lived here since 2010, married, lost. but my family is here now

Thanksgiving is tasty stuff. You got somewhere to cadge a free dinner? :P

Also, I hope you took advantage of the abundance of candy corn at Halloween. I miss that stuff.

I seem to still have bi polar tendancies. Went into a,massive self loathing mode after failing a 4th year uni part of a course.

All i do when i get angry is eat and if i don't curb it, I'll end up undoing all the good hard work I've done the past 18 months in the gym and out running

Give yourself a day or two to be miserable and get back into the studying again, presuming you're allowed to re-take it. Take the anger out on your course, Kick it's arse! GRR!!! :P

This is my first foray into this thread I think, but having read some of the pages of this long thread, I feel I can relate to so many things I have read people say on here and though I've always been kind-of aware that at times I get depressed, I have been partially in denial and try to immerse myself in something else to take my mind off things, but all I ever do is put it to the back of my mind then once I'm done whatever I've been doing as a distraction, I find myself dwelling on the same old thing that makes me depressed when I do get down and tend to be unable to lift myself out of it for a week at a time. Usually fine when with people at work or with Mrs Mile and the bairn, but I do a lot of long journeys with work and if I'm having one of my glum weeks, the depression really sets in when I am alone driving and often at night when Mrs Mile and the bairn are away to bed and I'm sat up watching TV myself.

Not really sure where I'm going with all this or what good it'll do but hey, it's all said now.

All pretty familiar.

I find that borrowing one of Throbber's socks helps sometimes :P

Long story mate but it's mixture of being upset and angry.

It's the weekend, and I'm on P&B; clearly I have plenty of time on my hands :P

Knock yourself out. Or not, if you'd prefer.

I feel so pathetic and lonely tonight

Any particular reason?

Not the only one. Staying up tonight to be miserable rather than lying in bed doing the same.

Doesn't help much with getting work done in the morning, but at least I'll be too tired not to sleep tomorrow.

With the feeling pathetic, or the lonely part?

Try and remember the former is a temporary thing; at least, the intensity of it. As for the latter...I don't know your situation, but you aren't going to be alone forever.