Depression

This constant darkness is absolutely awful

Sorry Throbs, only just noticed this cry for help - is the wife keeping you locked in the cupboard again?

Give us your address and we'll be round with the removal van call the polis for you.

For everyone suffering from depression here, have you tried consistently following a good exercise and diet for at least 12 weeks and also meditation?

Yes, but not for years. It did nothing for me. Getting myself a decent exercise bike for Christmas, however, but that's purely in an attempt to stave off the inevitable heart attack. I don't expect it to do anything else. I had a pretty healthy diet until a couple of years ago; the only difference I've noticed since giving up is in the waistline. YMMV, of course.

I dunno how you'd get through life without incorporating elements of meditation TBH. There'd be a lot more murders, surely.

I have just returned from meeting occupational health. the doctor has not cleared me to return to work, not because I'm medically "unfit" but because of concerns over my "state of mental health"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

If you buggers let me work I'd be a damn sight "mentally healthier" than, well, sitting alone, all day, in an empty house, unable to sleep because I'm not tired, unable to stop thinking about all the above, just let me work, please.

ETA: Doctor's comment "With all you've been through in the last few years it's surprising you've not been in care"

Edited by Raidernation

I have just returned from meeting occupational health. the doctor has not cleared me to return to work, not because I'm medically "unfit" but because of concerns over my "state of mental health"

If you buggers let me work I'd be a damn sight "mentally healthier" than, well, sitting alone, all day, in an empty house, unable to sleep because I'm not tired, unable to stop thinking about all the above, just let me work, please.

ETA: Doctor's comment "With all you've been through in the last few years it's surprising you've not been in care"

Any chance of doing some voluntary work somewhere?

I really don't know.

I just did not expect to be "written off" today

You've not been written off; these folks just don't like to take risks. And are most likely a bunch of wanks anyway.

If hanging about the house bothers you that much, find something you're interested in and see if there's a voluntary group in that field. Sounds like it can't be worse that what you're currently doing.

I'm sure the Dons could use an extra steward, if you're up for a very long commute :P

When do you go back to see the OT?

When I seen the OT last month he was ready to sign me off and I told him that it's only going to make me worse and my depression has never effected me in work. He let me go back on the condition I'm not left unsupervised. Treat the time off as a holiday and do something meaningful with the time.

Decent example of clinical depression; I just watched my team win a particularly thrilling cup semi-final, and my son is actually excited about watching them play for the first time. Might even come with me on Saturday. Everything else is going particularly well right now. Yet I'm struggling against the urge to go back to bed and hide from the world.

Decent example of clinical depression; I just watched my team win a particularly thrilling cup semi-final, and my son is actually excited about watching them play for the first time. Might even come with me on Saturday. Everything else is going particularly well right now. Yet I'm struggling against the urge to go back to bed and hide from the world.

well done on the win

I will manage somehow

Seriously, give the voluntary thing a try, if you can. Sounds like it would deffo help to feel needed.

(can't believe I used the abbreviation 'deffo')