January Transfers

Jody morris is past it . Every c**t could see it in the second half of last season . We move on and in cregg we have a decent enough midfielder , who is similar to jody , on lower wages , younger , with a point to prove . Saints should be cutting the squad and playing youngsters not employing more has beens .

Totally disagree. I like Cregg but he's still not as good as Jody Morris was, even in the second half of last season. Jody was a class apart from anything we've had in the midfield for a number of years.

I swear I watch a different Saints team every week to a lot of our fans.

Totally agree, although I don't know whether your views are the same as mine.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather play Davidson

Really? He's been very hit and miss for the Under-20's. To be expected but not sure he's ready for the first team yet.

Would be a bit of a waste of money when we have Lee Johnson. Not a great player, but he'd do the job in there.

He's twice the player Lee Johnson is. I don't see LJ as being the type to fill Kelly's boots if I'm completely honest, so I wouldn't turn my nose up at Morris at all.

Really? He's been very hit and miss for the Under-20's. To be expected but not sure he's ready for the first team yet.

He's twice the player Lee Johnson is. I don't see LJ as being the type to fill Kelly's boots if I'm completely honest, so I wouldn't turn my nose up at Morris at all.

Lee Johnson is even more hit and miss. Not saw tons of U20 games this but normally impresses.

The Troll, I have to say I couldn't agree with you any less about Jody Morris. He would clearly add something to the team and I'm baffled that anyone could claim Liam Caddis is a better option.

Yes but he's the moron who thinks Davidson doesn't add anything to the team and needs to up his game. Don't agree with anything he ever says tbh, he's also got a vandetta against Craig Beattie, when it's not his fault he's not in the team.

For what it's worth I probably wouldn't take Morris back, his legs will have gone by now, yes he's a class act, but I am actually thinking Cregg is essential to our midfield now and heaven forbid Millar plays more. I don't get the fawning over him, he's hopeless, especially in the middle at least out wide he couldn't do any real harm to the team.

Lee Johnson is even more hit and miss. Not saw tons of U20 games this but normally impresses.

I agree about Johnson. Not first-team material by any stretch.

I think if we lose Kelly and Jody Morris is available at a reasonable cost (i.e. not a ridiculously high % of his Bristol wages) then we'd be foolish to ignore him. He'd fill that gap superbly, and he already knows and is friendly with players in the squad so there would be little or no settling in time.

Ross Davidson is a talented boy, but he's not grown enough physically IMO to play in that role yet. Don't doubt that he'll be an important player for us in the future though.

You implied it though tongue.gif

I think Draper would be foolish to sign a pre-contract anywhere that he's not guaranteed SPL football next term, and County would be foolish to sign him up when their own SPL status is far from secured.

Don't you have to finish bottom to get relegated?

And it's not outwith the realms of possibility that any number of clubs could have a bad run and end up there if Dundee buck their ideas up.

I am still waiting on their championship challenge from last season, that could have happened too.

A recent sighting in the Paisley area of the country suggests that St Mirren are close to securing the signature of Ian Harte.

A recent sighting in the Paisley area of the country suggests that St Mirren are close to securing the signature of Ian Harte.

Good one, that.

Getting on a bit, but still looked good for Reading in Championship last season, not had as much action in PL. Still a menace from dead balls, think he'd do well in the SPL

Aberdeen manager was at the Dunfermline v Dumbarton game, and the Hibs goalkeeping coach Scott Y Thomson was at the Dunfermline v Raith game. Not quite sure who they'd be targeting....

Joe Cardle

Archived