Sons' sorrow

We're in trouble.

Nearing the end of the window and still looking miles away from being a balanced starting 11, never mind a proper squad. Barr coming back will help that as it allows Ferguson and Ballantyne to play at either full back position and Carswell to return to midfield. Unfortunately it does nothing to address our issue in goals, our lack of creativity from midfield, our inconsistent wide men and our lack of a proper goal scorer.

We'll keep going until the end of the season and I won't relegate us until it's mathematically impossible to stay up. That said, I'm struggling to whip up any enthusiasm that we'll succeed in the challenge ahead. Did they build our current stadium on an ancient indian burial ground or something? Or fill the old shipyard with several lorries of broken mirrors?

People keep going on about who to partner Hutton with??
 Why do we have to partner him with anyone.??
Drop the clown and play carswell and thomo in midfield now we have cover in defence so surely carswell can play in place of Hutton.
 Play Forbes as a ten ( where he should be IMO )
 I hate how bad he is yet he seems to be undroppable.
 I’m sure many will disagree. But what have we got to loose.
 He has been playing with an injury after all.

8 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

People keep going on about who to partner Hutton with??
 Why do we have to partner him with anyone.??
Drop the clown and play carswell and thomo in midfield now we have cover in defence so surely carswell can play in place of Hutton.
 Play Forbes as a ten ( where he should be IMO )
 I hate how bad he is yet he seems to be undroppable.
 I’m sure many will disagree. But what have we got to LOOSE.
 He has been playing with an injury after all.

83a2e619-4ad7-4e0a-afbb-24b43ee2a17c_1.a6c257d16cf2e795752a02135313efde.jpeg.a8914e58790e2313fea9cb42a00612ca.jpeg

21 hours ago, optimistic said:

Guy who used to be a BB officer, shouts “mon now sons” at least 32 times during every game. I strangely find myself counting them emoji849.pngemoji30.png

He's given me earworms. Most earworms are bad songs but I drive to work with, " Mon now sons" and "haven't got a clue, ref" with me all the way.

13 hours ago, RockMusic said:

He's given me earworms. Most earworms are bad songs but I drive to work with, " Mon now sons" and "haven't got a clue, ref" with me all the way.

Believe me, he's much quieter than he used to be. We played bingo to see who was first to get five of his stock phrases on their card.

Why is the Dumbarton FC Twitter account relentlessly pumping out information about former players' birthdays?

If I know our Twitter guy like I think I know our Twitter guy, the seething response to each tweet from the same few people will be giving him a chuckle.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Why is the Dumbarton FC Twitter account relentlessly pumping out information about former players' birthdays?

Something different?

Not been the greatest season so good way to remind ppl of better players?