Sons' sorrow

The fact they haven't made themselves makes us suspicious of their intentions, no one is saying they are definitely villans. The us and them attitude is created by Brabco, if they interacted with fans in any way whatsoever it would probably help to ease some concerns.

But......isn't it true that Calum and Andy Hosie are part of the Brabco consortium? The Hosie family connection with DFC goes back to the middle of the last century. I'm old enough to remember John Hosie who kept the club running day to day as secretary for decades. Also isn't it so that these guys are involved with Bet Butler who have sponsored the strips and the stadium to the tune of a sum roughly equivalent to that required to employ Ian Murray? Didn't they oversee the appointment of a Chief Exec with decades of support and service to DFC on his CV? It seems clear that they want to see a return on their investment but maybe it's not their sole motivation? I'm only posing the questions. At the moment none of us know sufficient details of the plans to be certain of anything. All I will say is to repeat that if Brabco were asset strippers, it doesn't seem clear from their modus operandi.

that's because they very, very cunning asset strippers.

Out of interest and I'm not wanting to start a war here just mearly posing the question.

Why are BRABCO the villains here?

What have they done? Is it purely because they haven't made their self known to the wider community or is there more to it?

Putting aside the Stadium rumours, It seems very much a them and us attitude with quiet a lot of fans on here.

I'd say that the lack of transparency from our owners is the single biggest factor in people's unease. In any business openness and transparency, particularly to your biggest stakeholders, can only be a good thing but we're not seeing much of either present.

On a similar note, the "them and us" attitude stems from years and years of our boards failure to engage with the fans.

Someone earlier said that the club already do enough to market itself within the local community; near choked on my bacon roll reading that.

The fact they haven't made themselves makes us suspicious of their intentions, no one is saying they are definitely villans. The us and them attitude is created by Brabco, if they interacted with fans in any way whatsoever it would probably help to ease some concerns.

Exactly.

The 'us and them' attitude is created by all the mystery surrounding Brabco and their refusal to interact with fans/make themselves known. Surely if their motive was to have the club sustaining themselves at Championship level and fighting for a promotion play off spot they'd want the fans to know who they are? I certainly would if I were them.

Why shouldn't we be suspicious of the whole situation or the owners intentions/motives? Mysterious owners who remain anonymous to the supporters and chat in the local rag of selling our stadium for the valuble land it sits on with very little coming from the club itself.

I wouldn't be fooled by how well we're doing on the field because if Barbco cared a jot about that they would be taking the plaudits right, left and centre for our current situation.

A couple of things are salient here. The move to any new ground is primarily for the benefit of Brabco, but we are not talking about John Hall or Hugh Scott here, let's afford the owners more respect than that. If DFC emerges with an enhanced stadium, with training, social and commercial facilities to match then that sounds fine on paper.

I am not concerned that in Brabco we have asset strippers, I am however worried that we may have some fantasists who are conflating our current generational high-water mark on the pitch with some lasting legacy on the Renton Road. In order for that to happen there would need to be a very sound business model indeed and in the current information vacuum from the club itself it's difficult to get a handle on just what that is.

Lastly, in terms of enticing more people along, I actually do believe there is still mileage in that but the plain fact is that it will never happen as long as the present local Directors, decent people to a man, maintain the current snobbish attitude in which the public is treated as a necessary evil, unless you form part of the inner sanctum.

If the commercial direction and PR of DFC was radically overhauled in tandem with any new facility then it may all come together, but a professional football club needs professional people at the helm, that much should be self-evident to anyone with serious intentions.

Moving to a spanking new ground to be told again that you can't do this or that just doesn't cut it.

A couple of things are salient here. The move to any new ground is primarily for the benefit of Brabco, but we are not talking about John Hall or Hugh Scott here, let's afford the owners more respect than that. If DFC emerges with an enhanced stadium, with training, social and commercial facilities to match then that sounds fine on paper.

I am not concerned that in Brabco we have asset strippers, I am however worried that we may have some fantasists who are conflating our current generational high-water mark on the pitch with some lasting legacy on the Renton Road. In order for that to happen there would need to be a very sound business model indeed and in the current information vacuum from the club itself it's difficult to get a handle on just what that is.

Lastly, in terms of enticing more people along, I actually do believe there is still mileage in that but the plain fact is that it will never happen as long as the present local Directors, decent people to a man, maintain the current snobbish attitude in which the public is treated as a necessary evil, unless you form part of the inner sanctum.

If the commercial direction and PR of DFC was radically overhauled in tandem with any new facility then it may all come together, but a professional football club needs professional people at the helm, that much should be self-evident to anyone with serious intentions.

Moving to a spanking new ground to be told again that you can't do this or that just doesn't cut it.

What is it that we can't do though? I'm just a punter who pays in through the gate. I get a bar facility and the company of my fellow supporters pre match (and post match if I should wish) . I sit and watch the game in relative comfort with no hassle and then go home. I don't get any impression that there is anyone telling me not to do something or that I can't do something. I did see the diktat from our hosts Aberdeen FC last week - Now there was a list of do and donts!

Quick question here; what is the away allocation that we will get next week?

Noticed that the stand holds 2000 and we had about 800 yesterday. If we win on Tuesday then I can see that number being added to a bit.

I'm quite confident that you can accommodate everyone but sometimes the stewards get a bit of a shock and haven't thought things through properly.

Edited by harry94

Quick question here; what is the away allocation that we will get next week?

Noticed that the stand holds 2000 and we had about 800 yesterday. If we win on Tuesday then I can see that number being added to a bit.

I'm quite confident that you can accommodate everyone but sometimes the stewards get a bit of a shock and haven't thought things through properly.

The away end holds 800 I believe, and next Saturday's match is all ticket presumably to stop Dundee fans turning up and being unable to gain entry.

Good stuff. I like the efficiency.

In the past, when Morton came to town, they would be allocated the one end of the ground, plus a small area of the home end was set aside for overspill.

I'd imagine that if you needed more than 800 tickets, our club might accommodate you by using that small part of the Home end.

What is it that we can't do though? I'm just a punter who pays in through the gate. I get a bar facility and the company of my fellow supporters pre match (and post match if I should wish) . I sit and watch the game in relative comfort with no hassle and then go home. I don't get any impression that there is anyone telling me not to do something or that I can't do something. I did see the diktat from our hosts Aberdeen FC last week - Now there was a list of do and donts!

I may have worded that last sentence ambiguously Wilf, I meant matters more general than the detail of a match day.

I can see where you are coming from o'Kelly but I think.that the current board and CEO are.an improvement on some of the characters we have suffered over the past few years.

I have often wondered why.some people who were clearly not dumbarton fans wanted to be directors of the club.

Hopefully the future will Bring supporter clubs totally in charge of football clubs but until then we will.have to suffer the little napoleons who keep turning up as directors and officials.

I may have worded that last sentence ambiguously Wilf, I meant matters more general than the detail of a match day.

Fair dos on that. My involvement in recent times has just been around match day, sometimes hospitality and the excellent travel service provided by Sonstrust. I was commenting from that perspective.

So I've written a wee article on the recent success of part-time teams if anyone's interested.

http://foursixzeroblog.weebly.com/championship.html

Feedback is welcome, unless it's bad in which case I may well be reduced to tears.

Aye, good effort Sir, and it's a trend we are going to see more of as players increasingly realise that a decent day job combined with p/t fitba is perhaps a less precarious route than the full-time one.

At no point over the last two seasons have Sons looked out of place fitness-wise and that reflects great credit on the current DFC set-up.