Sons' sorrow

Who does that leave uncommitted? Nish, McGinn and Megginson? Decision time for them soon.

Those 3 and Grindlay I think? McGinn and Megginson will be holding out for obvious reasons. The other two must have some kind of offer as they haven't been released. Unusual in both cases I think as Nish has the coaching side of things as well as playing. Grindlay really wanted to stay from what he was saying at the POTY bash. But hasn't signed (most likely not wanting to be 3rd choice).

Patience and perspective required from a few of you lot. Season only just finished and we have a whole summer to look forward to. Let's not forget we have been riding on the crest of a wave lately, it'd be a shame if off season boredom was allowed to undo the great recent success we've all enjoyed.

Football fans are a fickle lot.

Patience and perspective required from a few of you lot. Season only just finished and we have a whole summer to look forward to. Let's not forget we have been riding on the crest of a wave lately, it'd be a shame if off season boredom was allowed to undo the great recent success we've all enjoyed.

Football fans are a fickle lot.

Very true! As underwhelming as some of the signings may be thus far, we have to trust in Muzz. At the end of the day I reckon the gaffer was our most important signing of the close season and we tied him up early on. It is still early doors and there will be a lot more happening before we kick a ball competitively for the 14/15 season.

We've got a lot of issues still to address:

First choice keeper

Depth in defence

Paul McGinn

Mitch Megginson

Our first choice strike partnership

Bringing back players Murray trusts to be part of the squad is fair enough - the new season is going to be a complete basket case for part time teams against 3 of the 5 best supported sides in the country and the gaffer needs to have a squad with guys he can trust.

That said, our first friendly is a month away. Hopefully we'll see a few of the bigger issues sorted out in the next week to 10 days.

We've got a lot of issues still to address:

First choice keeper

Depth in defence

Paul McGinn

Mitch Megginson

Our first choice strike partnership

Bringing back players Murray trusts to be part of the squad is fair enough - the new season is going to be a complete basket case for part time teams against 3 of the 5 best supported sides in the country and the gaffer needs to have a squad with guys he can trust.

That said, our first friendly is a month away. Hopefully we'll see a few of the bigger issues sorted out in the next week to 10 days.

It said on the website that Muzz was/is away on holiday so I would imagine when he gets back then we might start to see more signings and some new faces.

Hopefully get a wee friendly against our county cousins this summer.

I wouldn't mind seeing an annual pre-season tournament put together, maybe over two days, involving us, Vale, Bankies and Yoker. A West Dunbartonshire cup. Could maybe mirror the Renfrewshire cup and extend it by getting some of the county's top amateur sides involved too.

Can we get this thread to f**k?

It's been "Son's Sorrow" for aaaages now. Is this the only thread we're allowed?!

New season. New positivity (from some).

What say ye?

No. No. No.

This thread turned our season, not a chance it'll ever be changed.

Heard from someone in the know today that were looking to sign Billy Mehmet. Apparently he's playing out in the Far East or somewhere but looking for a move back here.

Would be astounded if he went to Dumbarton.

I spoke to him a few months ago at SMP and he was keen on a move back to Scotland. He would get a full time offer I'm sure, and I'd like it to be from St Mirren.